more kids for you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Will you have more kiddos? - yes, no, maybe?
How many do you have now?

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#2 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

currently have 2 kiddos, no clue if we'll have more. Probably will have more because we tend to not use birth control...and well duh it kinda happens that sex leads to more kids

Right now I'm debating things though... I want more kids, though I want to start a career. I'd love to get my masters in art history (majored in art and art history for BA). After getting masters I'd love to have a career in a museum or as a professor. I just love art and really would love that as my dream job. Always have since I've been little. But if I'm having more kids it puts that on hold due to me breastfeeding.
But I think next year dd will be old enough for preschool. She is the type who does better around others daily, so I would rather her go to somewhere than me just teach at home.
I don;t want to leave the kids with a babysitter to get my Masters. So I'd like to wait until they are in school and go to school when they are.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#3 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 PM

He is my first.

And I'm SO excited about having more!!! We want at least 4 (well, we say that now...he's all of 7 weeks old!)

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#4 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 06:27 PM

that's twice

first and last

one is more than enough for me

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#5 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 06:41 PM

DS is my first. I would love to have another 1 or 2, even though the whole experience of birth/delivery and the resulting emotional upheavals scare me a little as does the prospect of another c-section because the women's clinic here does not like vbac. And I will have to see if my job allows me to have more kids; I need to write a book soon to keep my position.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#6 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM

Since today is a day where my baby will not stop crying unless I am walking around with her and bouncing her, I'm gonna say no.

Seriously, DH and I are considering stopping at one because we want to make sure that we are financially and emotionally able to care for whatever children we have. Looking realistically at our finances and our temperaments, one might be it for us.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#7 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM

Yes.

Two.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#8 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 PM

No more for us. We have two.

We both come from families of three- two planned and the third oops. I kind of always thought the same might happen for us, too. But our second was kind of an oops (as in we were talking about starting to TTC in a few months, but were only occasionally using birth control- so no big surprise).

If I won a million dollars I would probably want a third, but my husband is certain he is done. I respect that, so we're done. And talking vasectomy...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#9 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM

i want two more, dh says one more. so we'll see what happens. we are kind of lazy about using bc. so i figure when we have enough kids that we are thinking "holy crud we really have to start keeping up with the bc", we will know we are done. LOL.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#10 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
We're done. New baby makes 2. It feels good to be a family of four.

Mom of two girls.
#11 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 08:04 PM

i think just the one. possible adoption in a few years? we'll see

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#12 of 41 Old 06-02-2009, 08:23 PM

dh and I have decided to revisit this question in 3 years. We are NFP Catholics and are open to whatever, but having had 5 kids already (4 living) I am looking forward also to a career in medicine or lactation consulting one day. I have been breastfeeding for almost 10 straight years and it would be nice to be "free" although I am BABY CRAZY::

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#13 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 12:14 AM

Even though it has been rough this past 4 weeks, DH and I are still talking about adding one more! Our 2 are such ...TREASURES!! Who wouldnt want more of these precious little things?!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/kdk_0328.jpg (She wasnt sleeping, just loved her sis kissing her)

wife. dd1 : dd2
#14 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 12:36 AM

We have 2 girls and just had our boy. We are happily done at 3. I love having the 2 girls first and then the boy. :
#15 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Even though it has been rough this past 4 weeks, DH and I are still talking about adding one more! Our 2 are such ...TREASURES!! Who wouldnt want more of these precious little things?!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/kdk_0328.jpg (She wasnt sleeping, just loved her sis kissing her)
Awwww Lindsay : that photo made me cry. She is sooooo precious.
#16 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 01:31 AM

We want one more, maybe two. We've wanted 9 b4 we were even married, though I think 7 at the most would make our family very very happy.
#17 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:

that pic is so darling it made my hormonal self all teary eyed. lol.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#18 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 02:01 AM

Quote:

gush

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#19 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
We want one more, maybe two. We've wanted 9 b4 we were even married, though I think 7 at the most would make our family very very happy.
9?! Holy smokes! Well, I guess youre well on your way already!!!

ps. I think you should take a new pic withall 5 kids!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#20 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:

This made me teary eyed!

We are unsure. At times i'm done because i dont want to undergo another birth like this last one. But then at other times i think of our family and think that maybe there's still one more spot waiting to be filled. Who knows. It may be in the cards for us to finally adopt, something i've wanted to do for a long time and dh is fully on board!

We have 2 daughters and one surrodaughter.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#21 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 02:32 AM

We have 2. One of each now. We are not sure if we're done or not. Some days are rough by myself at home... especially since it hit 90F today... and we have no AC (no one in WA really does). 2 crying babies is awful! And of course I have "issues" with staying pregnant into the 3rd trimester, so we're debating whether or not it's fair. In any case, I'd like more. I'd like to have 2 more bio kids and adopt at least 2. But we'll see how it goes. We might skip the biological kids. But we're waiting until I'm 25 anyway. Need the kids to be able to sort of fend for themselves if I'm on bed rest and/or that's the age to adopt from Korea. That being said.... we're just sort of relying on EBF to keep fertility away for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
This made me teary eyed!

We are unsure. At times i'm done because i dont want to undergo another birth like this last one. But then at other times i think of our family and think that maybe there's still one more spot waiting to be filled. Who knows. It may be in the cards for us to finally adopt, something i've wanted to do for a long time and dh is fully on board!

We have 2 daughters and one surrodaughter.
That's so sweet that your SD was born on your birthday!

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#22 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 AM

We have two boys. I always wanted 3, and desparately want a daughter. With a high needs, now spirited ODS and a now high needs, reflux-y, colicy YDS, DH is talking about adopting a toddler in like 4 years.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#23 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
(as in we were talking about starting to TTC in a few months, but were only occasionally using birth control- so no big surprise).
That's actually how we ended up with DS... kind of an oops, but not at the same time.

I've always said I wanted to wait until each child is potty trained (or close to it) to start TTC...but surprises do happen

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#24 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 10:55 AM

We are happy with our four, this was probably our last baby. However, I think we said that after the last two as well, then we changed our minds
#25 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 AM

I think we're done having biological children. My first pregnancy was great, but my health during this last pregnancy wasn't good and nobody really knows why. In a way I'm grateful for the problems my body had because this has put DP and I on the same page regarding the number of children. Before this, I had always envisioned myself as the mother of a large family, whereas DP had always imagined raising only two children. Now we agree on a vasectomy--no more pregnancy for me.

It's still on my heart to adopt though, as it has been since childhood. DP doesn't feel quite as drawn to it (due to the number of kids, not the origin), but wants to play it by ear. We'll revisit the topic in a few years and see how we're doing.

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#26 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Seriously, DH and I are considering stopping at one because we want to make sure that we are financially and emotionally able to care for whatever children we have. Looking realistically at our finances and our temperaments, one might be it for us.
You'll be amazed at how much things can change in 4 years! We said the same thing after our first and we actually did get out of CC debt just before dd2 was born, of course there is a bit on there now but it won't take long to get it gone... We are more financially stable with 2 than we were with 1. Just my experience.

As for us. We have two and two completes our family. We've both always said two, though I did teeter about this at 2 weeks PP just because she was growing too fast and the emotions of never having a newborn. But I think I'm one of those moms who would have that feeling even if I had 6 children! I was in a family of 4 and don't want to repeat that. DH was in a family of 2 and it works well.

Now with that said, so far we are not planning on doing anything permanent, we are still in our 20's. So careful condom use are our only BC. Though we did not get pregnant both times till we wanted and it took a year for DD2! So unless God has other plans for us we are complete with two beautiful girls!

This is why I am seriously loving on this baby sooo much more and not getting overly upset through the frustrating parts of babyhood. Also remembering William and Soren daily adds to my extra love, hugs, kisses, holding. I do what I have to around the house some...but my first priority is cuddling this babe and helping DD1. DH seems to understand this which is nice!
#27 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Undecided. We have 3, DH is saying he might be done, I want one more so obviously more discussion is needed. We've said for years now that we would have 3 and then decide after that one if we wanted to continue. After Julian, I truly don't feel done, but I understand why and where DH is coming from. Our first has some special needs, she is NOT an easy child, and her therapies that we are forced to pay for completely out of pocket are not cheap by any means. He is terrified of having to go through all this over again with another child, and how we could pay for the medical expenses. I have a feeling though that in about 3 years, he'd be more interested in another child, DD1 would be 9 by then should be doing better and hopefully the expenses will be much less.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#28 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
And I will have to see if my job allows me to have more kids; I need to write a book soon to keep my position.
I have this issue too- I am hoping to be on the academic job market the year this baby turns 2, and if I get a tenure-track job then I have to get tenure (basically publish at book, right?) w/in 5-7 years. And by the time that happens I will be (pause while I do some math here....) 41-43. And thats if everything going perfectly, certainly not a sure thing. So, I don't know if any more bio kids are in the cards for us. Plus, its potentially hypocritical of me to keep having kids when I feel deeply that there are too many humans living on this planet as it is. The thing is, when I think of MY family, I feel differently... I like MY kids, yk?

DH and I have always said that if and when I ever get tenure we'd look at adopting- maybe siblings, foster-to-adopt, etc. Kids who need a stable home which we could finally actually provide. DH would like to be a work-out-of-home dad at that point, so things would be really different.

But. The day after this one was born we both looked at eachother and said, "maybe just one more?". The birth was so incredible, it was really inspiring. So, yeah, nothing permanent going on here regarding our fertility.

dissertating mom to three

#29 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I have this issue too- I am hoping to be on the academic job market the year this baby turns 2, and if I get a tenure-track job then I have to get tenure (basically publish at book, right?) .
I NEVER want to work again!!!! We are homeschooling, which will be my job! I was never a lucky one who liked their job. Though I may dabble in arts/crafts/scrapbooking and interior design (use my degree) sometime over the years but on my own terms!

Allready started packing up 0-3 mo clothes and other baby items won't be using for SIL, allready gave her all my maternity cloths (kept 2 for sentimental value!) So thinking we are concrete done!
#30 of 41 Old 06-03-2009, 03:52 PM

this is my first DH's 2nd.... I would like 3.... DH says that after 1 more baby we WILL have 3 kids. DSD is 11 - so while she's really helpful and loves her new little brother, they won't really grow up and play together. I grew up in a family of 3.... so that's where my desire for 3 comes from.

This all very much depends on how I feel after having 2... I might just want to stop!

I love being a mommy and deep down inside would like 4 maybe 5 - but DH would never ever even consider that. His mind is all wrapped up in the thought of college tuition... and I keep telling him we won't be able to afford college tuition for 1 kid.... so what does THAT matter? LOL

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page