ppaf?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 38 Old 06-03-2009, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anybody gotten their period back already??

i have been having bright red but very (tmi) mucousy bleeding since yesterday. looks periodish. wtf???

normally i go 18024 MONTHS before getting my first ppaf. AAAAGH!!! anybody else have this already???
#2 of 38 Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM

yep. apparently i wasnt too crazy to think we might have gotten pg a coupla weeks ago because mine started yesterday. at first i thought it might be more pp bleeding or something but now im pretty darn sure its my period. DANGIT! Maybe I really was pg, cuz I sure felt like it. in that case, i guess af is a good thing now!
and yeah, with my other child it was like 15 months before it came back.

Mama to 3 boys 

#3 of 38 Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

does your new LO nurse a lot at night? riley doesn't (once or twice, tops) - my other two nursed a lot at night. could that be the difference?
#4 of 38 Old 06-03-2009, 06:17 PM

yeah, there is that, and also that this guy loves a pacifier and he nurses very efficiently- so not a whole lot of total nursing time, even tho bm is all he gets.

Mama to 3 boys 

#5 of 38 Old 06-03-2009, 06:34 PM

Wowsa! I had to wean Aidan at 16 mos so I could get my AF. I just assumed the same thing would happen this time. Better not be so confident, huh?!
#6 of 38 Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 PM

I *think* I may have been paid a visit around 6 weeks pp... but it was right after my pp check-up and the bleeding could have possibly been brought on by the internal exam...

I'm crossing fingers that's the case.... soon enough we'll see!

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#7 of 38 Old 06-04-2009, 11:29 AM

Oooooh I worry about this. I so hope not to get mine this time till after BF. I got it at 6 weeks pp last time. NOT FAIR!:
#8 of 38 Old 06-05-2009, 03:14 PM

I had 2 days of spotting last week (I was 8 weeks PP) but so far, no AF Hopefully that was ovulation spotting lol
#9 of 38 Old 06-06-2009, 11:26 AM

6 weeks pp to the day. Like clockwork.

Despite tandem nursing, to my disappointment. The only way I could be nursing more is if I was literally nursing 24/7. She is only nursing twice at night, but he is nursing once in the middle. I know there is no way I've gone even six hours without nursing.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#10 of 38 Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM

I had some bleeding the past week. It really didn't seem like my AF because it was light (I'm usually weak with blood loss at least one day) and I only had mild cramping (I'm usually nauseated with pain). I have a feeling it was due to my doing more during the day (you know, actually taking care of my child instead of letting my parents do it) He nurses really well so I don't know...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#11 of 38 Old 06-08-2009, 07:24 PM

Oh DANG!!!!

I had stopped bleeding 6 days ago and then today I started spotting. Not just spotting, but some cramps too! This would be 5 wks PP.

With dd1 I got AF back in 6 weeks and on the same cycle as before. Im a little crabby that this could be it already! I was hoping to dtd with dh while I wasnt bleeding!!:

wife. dd1 : dd2
#12 of 38 Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM

well, i'm pretty sure i started this morning. freaking fantastic.

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#13 of 38 Old 06-09-2009, 01:46 PM

. that totally sucks

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#14 of 38 Old 06-09-2009, 04:36 PM

Im SURE its AF now.

Does this mean I was ovulating at 4 weeks PP?! Could I have become preg?!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#15 of 38 Old 06-09-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Im SURE its AF now.

Does this mean I was ovulating at 4 weeks PP?! Could I have become preg?!
I have no idea but my first thought was "yikes!" :

Sorry for those who's came back allready! Crossing my fingers I"m not joining you, I"m 6 weeks PP yesterday.
#16 of 38 Old 06-09-2009, 06:22 PM

Mine seems to be back. : I was hoping to not have it back until after we're done bfing. Oh well. I'm getting the kind of IUD that usually banishes AF (after a few months of having it in), so I have that to look forward to.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#17 of 38 Old 06-11-2009, 08:48 PM

I got mine back at 7 weeks! I was so looking forward to swimming at our annual family reunion at a church lake resort, and it started 1.5 days before leaving! : I was so upset. I made a way though. I really wanted to get in the lake with DS1 and we did! (I don't ever wear tampons, but it came in handy!) We had fun anyway! So, I guess I was fertile at 5 wks pp!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#18 of 38 Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Mine seems to be back. : I was hoping to not have it back until after we're done bfing. Oh well. I'm getting the kind of IUD that usually banishes AF (after a few months of having it in), so I have that to look forward to.
which iud is that?

#19 of 38 Old 06-11-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
which iud is that?
That would be Mirena. The downside is that I might have unpredictable, frequent bleeding for up to six months after it goes in. But after that, I should have either very light periods or none at all. It doesn't stop ovulation.

The copper IUD supposedly can cause heavier, more painful periods for up to a year, so I decided that one was not the one for me...

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#20 of 38 Old 06-12-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
That would be Mirena. The downside is that I might have unpredictable, frequent bleeding for up to six months after it goes in. But after that, I should have either very light periods or none at all. It doesn't stop ovulation.

The copper IUD supposedly can cause heavier, more painful periods for up to a year, so I decided that one was not the one for me...
i got the copper one b/c i'm really sensitive to artificial hormones. so far I haven't had any of the cramping most people report when it's brand new. Plus I'm hoping that I won't get a visit for awhile. I just realized that next sunday will be a year since my last visit from af.: can I have another?

oh, plus the copper iud lasts 10 years and I will soon be uninsured, so that was a big draw, too.

#21 of 38 Old 06-12-2009, 05:34 PM

So I was going to write I"m getting my AF but then aftering reading and remembering...I might just be ovluating. I used to have ovulations pains. So maybe that is the crampiness I feel, no actual bleeding yet...Oh I hope I don't get it!
#22 of 38 Old 06-14-2009, 03:10 AM

I just got my period this morning! I am exactly 8 week pp today. WTH??

I didn't get my period back until 8 mo. then 6 mo with my other two kids! And, I thought I was getting ripped off then even! I nursed them both for 2 years. I'm nursing DS exclusively too! He doesn't eat as much during the night as my other kids did though, that must be why. BUMMER!

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#23 of 38 Old 06-15-2009, 03:27 AM

ugh, me too!

With DS1 i got like 9 months before i got my period back. Now, despite exclusively breastfeeding AND tandem nursing, here i am. Awesome.

#24 of 38 Old 06-20-2009, 09:39 AM

Its BAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK! :::::::

Can you tell I"m not happy about it! I was so hoping this time I'd get to go at least 6 mo without. But NOOOOO. Got it 6 weeks pp last time and 7weeks pp this time. UGH!

The thing I hate is that I usually use the diva cup but it is a bit of a process and I don't think I can do that with 2 children out and about. I won't do tampons so back to pads.

Well upside, my chiro physician says that the sooner your cycle comes back the better as then your body is healthier getting back to normalcy. BUt STILL!:
#25 of 38 Old 06-20-2009, 07:27 PM

We're 11 weeks PP tomorrow and I think I might be spotting today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays away a little while longer. I really like not having to deal with it...

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#26 of 38 Old 06-28-2009, 04:28 PM

ding.

two months and five days pp

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#27 of 38 Old 06-28-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Its BAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK! :::::::

Can you tell I"m not happy about it! I was so hoping this time I'd get to go at least 6 mo without. But NOOOOO. Got it 6 weeks pp last time and 7weeks pp this time. UGH!

The thing I hate is that I usually use the diva cup but it is a bit of a process and I don't think I can do that with 2 children out and about. I won't do tampons so back to pads.

Well upside, my chiro physician says that the sooner your cycle comes back the better as then your body is healthier getting back to normalcy. BUt STILL!:
Did get to use the Diva cup...so maybe it won't be soo bad, thankfully didn't have the killer cramps I usually do!
#28 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:

yep, that's why I decided on Mirena too. I got it @ 11 weeks pp @ insertion was unbelievably easy (I did take Advil before I arrived @ my OB's). I guess I've had it for about 2-3 weeks now & I am having irregular spotting, but have not needed more than a pantyliner.

I didn't get AF until about 14 months pp w/ DD, so even though I'm glad I got Mirena, I do wonder when AF would have come back this time. Come to think of it, I was nursing DD more @ night when she was 12mos old than I do right now w/ DS, so I'm sure AF would have come back sooner this time.
#29 of 38 Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 AM

started again today. Can't wait for the IUD. Anybody done paraguard?

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#30 of 38 Old 07-08-2009, 01:24 PM

I have the paraguard! I've had it since 5.5 weeks pp. I got it a little early and I had some really bad pains that I can only surmise were from the iud touching the unhealed placental site, but after about a week those were gone and I've absolutely loved it. No cramps, no bleeding (no ppaf, yet). I've heard it can increase cramping with af, but since I haven't had it,I don't know. So far, it's been awesome and I love the fact that it's hormone free and lasts 10 years. I recommend it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page