2 month checkup stats anyone? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 77 Old 06-17-2009, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know, 14 lbs must be 99th percentile, too! I was all... if MINE is 12 lbs 5 oz, and 90th for weight, what the heck percentile is 14.5 lbs??? Amazing! Mine started out below average, though, so I'm guessing the really big ones started out average or above, at least.

Though, it seems that most babies do like to throw us for a loop! Born big, then fall into the fifth percentile for the first three years, or born tiny and grow like weeds, grow more the less often they eat, etc. etc. Babies are crazy.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#62 of 77 Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 AM

Just looked at DD's stats around this age. She had a high percentile but weighed less than DS. I think boys have bigger numbers on their curve than girls....at least that would make sense.

I can't tell for sure but it looks like DD was 11 lbs. 8 oz. in the 90th percentile. DS is 14 lbs. 5 oz. and in the 95th. I'm sure if it was a girl weighing 14 lbs, they'd be over 100th.

XOXO
B

mama to Milena Anjali (4/26/06) and Vincent Asher (4/13/09) ~ married to the love of my life since 2002.
#63 of 77 Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 AM

Okay, it looks like they do have different charts.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/...th_charts.html

you can click the links to see the chart for boy and girl babies.

14 lbs is off the curve for a girl, but at 95th percentile for a boy.

XOXO
B

mama to Milena Anjali (4/26/06) and Vincent Asher (4/13/09) ~ married to the love of my life since 2002.
#64 of 77 Old 06-18-2009, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Cooper had his 2 month appt today (and he is exactly 2 months today!).

Weight 12 lbs 7 ozx
Length 23.5 inches
Head 16 1/8 inches

I think weight is 69th percentile, length is 73rd and head is 75th!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#65 of 77 Old 06-18-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethSLP View Post
14 lbs is off the curve for a girl, but at 95th percentile for a boy.
That's good. I was starting to think my 12 lb kiddo must be kind of a runt, what with all the 14 pound babies...

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#66 of 77 Old 06-19-2009, 04:49 PM

My "runt" was only 9-11 at her two month appointment. She weighed 7-6 at birth, a full half a pound heavier than her 6-14 at birth sister who was 14-6 at two months. Go figure.

I have to say, babywearing is so much easier on my back this time

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#67 of 77 Old 06-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Ramsay is 15.6 , 95th percentile, I forgot his height, head circumf. but both were in 90-95 th also. He was smallest at birth of all my kids, but by far the biggest at 2 months.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#68 of 77 Old 06-23-2009, 06:45 PM

Strange...There seems to be inconsistencies with the weight/percentile in the different posts.

Sienna was 11#11 at her 2 month which the doctor said was in the 75th percentile. But some posts have babies smaller than her in a higher percentile and vice versa?

I don't remember her length and head circ offhand but I remember both were in the 50th percentile. She was 8# at birth, BTW, born at 39 weeks. Do I have a shrimp baby, or do y'all just have huge babies????

And no vaxes here. It is hard to find a ped in my area (Olympia, WA) who is truly OK with non-vaxing families...But I owe it to MDC to finding one. I looked at old threads when I got pregnant and found one who is not one of the usual ones the MWs recommend, but I find her very agreeable and we had NO pressure to vax. The other 2 I interviewed when I was pregnant told me that hey would be OK but we would have to have a "discussion" at every refusal. I didn't want an argument, I wanted someone to respect our decision. It's not like we haven't researched vaccines up and down and in and out before making our choice to not do them (at this point...Maybe when she is older she will get a few, or before international travel.)

Midwife mama bellycast.gif to DD1 bouncy.gif (4.5) and DD2 h20homebirth.gif (1.5)
#69 of 77 Old 06-23-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post
Strange...There seems to be inconsistencies with the weight/percentile in the different posts.

Sienna was 11#11 at her 2 month which the doctor said was in the 75th percentile. But some posts have babies smaller than her in a higher percentile and vice versa?

I don't remember her length and head circ offhand but I remember both were in the 50th percentile. She was 8# at birth, BTW, born at 39 weeks. Do I have a shrimp baby, or do y'all just have huge babies????

And no vaxes here. It is hard to find a ped in my area (Olympia, WA) who is truly OK with non-vaxing families...But I owe it to MDC to finding one. I looked at old threads when I got pregnant and found one who is not one of the usual ones the MWs recommend, but I find her very agreeable and we had NO pressure to vax. The other 2 I interviewed when I was pregnant told me that hey would be OK but we would have to have a "discussion" at every refusal. I didn't want an argument, I wanted someone to respect our decision. It's not like we haven't researched vaccines up and down and in and out before making our choice to not do them (at this point...Maybe when she is older she will get a few, or before international travel.)
i know there's a different chart for boys and girls....an 11 lb boy would be in a lower percentile than sienna. and i think this ddc has a lot of big babies!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#70 of 77 Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 PM

The percentiles are also adjusted for gestational age, so that probably accounts for some of the inconsistencies.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#71 of 77 Old 06-23-2009, 09:58 PM

Weight:14lbs
Height: 23 1/4 inches

Josie was 6 1/2 months when she weighed this much!

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#72 of 77 Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM

Enjoyed catching up on everyone in here (and the vax debate) and info on Vit D?

I asked my ped abut vitamin supplementation and she said it is not necessary at all; does not recommend. I wonder if she's wrong? Then if so I would have to come up with some sort of vitamin regimen on my own?

Aiden is 14 lbs 6 oz and 23 inches long as I recall- I think they said 95th percentile for height and weight and 75th for head. He's doing great and is so charming at his appointments! He got one shot and an oral polio vaccine (doing the Sears schedule of vax). The tech was impatient and seemed cranky and squeezed too much vaccine into his mouth, gagging him. :-(

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#73 of 77 Old 07-11-2009, 02:04 AM

Where did you get the OPV!?!?! My ped said he'd give it but it was really hard to get! Of course they do the standard IPV so maybe he meant one dose would be hard to get.

Also, frankly, I've never heard any doctor say that we should supplement either of my kids with vitamin D. The only time was when we were living in Asia and the WHO workers came door to door and were giving everyone the oral drops.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#74 of 77 Old 07-11-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukuspot View Post

Caleb was/is almost the exact same as your dd- 7lbs fourteen oz @ birth (39 wks 1 day) and at his 2 mnth appt he was 11lbs 11oz. he was plotted as being 50% for height, weight, and head. I think the difference is he is a boy (obviously) and they are "supposed" to be bigger hence he just average. but he's healthy so that's what really matters and he's gorwing.
#75 of 77 Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM

H had his two-months visit today. He's 13 lbs 4 oz (92nd percentile) and 23 7/8" (75th percentile). He grew more than two inches since his last visit and gained 3 pounds. No wonder he looks so much bigger.

He received the recommended shots today (except Hep B which he will receive in the next days). He hated it. I wish we could delay the schedule but we'll be traveling internationally next months and I don't want him to catch something while in transit. As a matter of fact, I will have to check the DoS-website to see if he needs additional shots to travel. Bleh.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#76 of 77 Old 07-13-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
H had his two-months visit today. He's 13 lbs 4 oz (92nd percentile) and 23 7/8" (75th percentile). He grew more than two inches since his last visit and gained 3 pounds. No wonder he looks so much bigger.

He received the recommended shots today (except Hep B which he will receive in the next days). He hated it. I wish we could delay the schedule but we'll be traveling internationally next months and I don't want him to catch something while in transit. As a matter of fact, I will have to check the DoS-website to see if he needs additional shots to travel. Bleh.
poor little fella

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#77 of 77 Old 07-14-2009, 03:58 AM

we didn't get health the state health insurance approved until just after Phoebe's 2 mos mark so didn't make any appts. I want to delay shots until she is 6 mos so I may just delay making my next appt until then. So, I don't know her stats!

I did weigh her at the MW at 8 weeks exactly and she was 12lbs something. She was 9# even at birth, and she's really nice and chubby now compared to then! We may stop by some time in the next few weeks to say and hi and weigh her again for fun. DS was a little over 14# at 2 mos, 17#+ at 4mos (and too long for the infant carseat, however long that was), and 20# at 6mos. So at least in my very small sample size, I guess boys really do seem to grow faster (and he was born smaller than his sis too).

I am going to have a blood draw to check my own vit D levels, and if they are really low, I'll talk w/ MW and others about the idea of supps for baby (or even checking her levels?). I hope not-- I live in sunny san diego and also supplement 1400 iu a day already.

dissertating mom to three

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page