Chat Mon 6/8- Sun 6/14 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 138 Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
well, i've come to the sad conclusion that if i want to get anything done during the day I'm going to have to get up when dh leaves for work. I've already eaten breakfast, fed the baby and put her down for a nap, folded the laundry, washed the dishes, washed more laundry and made banana bread. Before 10 am and lo is still sleeping. I'm going to have to wake her up to shower.
This is what I try to do but I am not always successful! However, if I get when DH is getting ready for work and get ready myself -shower, makeup, clothes, breakfast for myself, etc.... that helps tremendously. If I can get myself showered and ready befroe the little ones wake that is a huge help to my day... It's just hard to do that every day but it's worth it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 138 Old 06-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Shine! Oh my gosh - I so feel your pain! As you know from Facebook! thanks for reminding me to pray about it... that's something I do not do enough.
#63 of 138 Old 06-10-2009, 09:58 PM

I need a vacation...from dh, well dh and dd. I'll bring the boy with me due to needing me to eat.

In a week dh had held ds a total of 5 hours! Monday and tuesday nights were both 20 minutes...as in all day, 20 minutes...the other 23 hours and 40 minutes he was pretty much attached to me in a sling or sleeping with me in bed.

It'd be one thing if I actually didn't have dh there to help me, but it's totally differnt when he's here and not helping. Then he's ignoring dd and making a mess of the house....

I want a vacation! I want to run away....but i know I'd come back to find even more of a mess.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#64 of 138 Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Consider mine crossed! :

LO fell asleep in the Moby while I was cooking. Now she's trying to wake up and keeps headbutting my chest. Perhaps someone is hungry?
DS was doing this last night - it was the funniest/cutest thing!!!! He was headbutting my boob over and over again .

Lindsay - my fingers are crossed for you!!!! :

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#65 of 138 Old 06-10-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post

Lindsay, I wish I was closer and I could pump for you too! Really. Its so inspiring that someone gave you a whole week of BM. For the babies with underlying health issues its even more important to get as much BM as they can and every week older that she gets, that is that much stronger her own immune system becomes. And what you said about the paci reminded me about our good friends whose son was in the NICU for a month. He learned to suck on a paci and went home and nursed well for a year. (he had to have an operation to attach his esophogas to his stomach, so he couldn't eat by mouth for quite a while and had a tube straight into his stomach. But they started having him "practice" sucking on a paci whenever they fed him so he would learn to associate sucking with eating. And it worked).
Thank you
Were doing the same thing except putting drops of BM into her mouth at the same time. You should have seen her face the first time she tasted it. Like this

Talk to the LC today and she said that Im getting about 3x the amount that most nicu moms get. (the moms specifically at that hospital) She said something about some nicu moms milk being lower sometimes because were not w/ babies 100% and that whatever I express is fine. Very reassuring. She also told me that I can go a little easier on myself with the pumping because I gave her (and Jenelle gave her) BM during the most important time!
All nice things to hear.

Ok, I need to relax but Im gonna read this whole thread tonight!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#66 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Thank you
Were doing the same thing except putting drops of BM into her mouth at the same time. You should have seen her face the first time she tasted it. Like this

Talk to the LC today and she said that Im getting about 3x the amount that most nicu moms get. (the moms specifically at that hospital) She said something about some nicu moms milk being lower sometimes because were not w/ babies 100% and that whatever I express is fine. Very reassuring. She also told me that I can go a little easier on myself with the pumping because I gave her (and Jenelle gave her) BM during the most important time!
All nice things to hear.

I also need to chillax and finally catch up with this thread!

Hey, I learned something really cool tonight, in Greek, the word for wisdom is sophia. I LOVE THAT NAME EVEN MORE NOW!!! Your lovely Sophia is beautiful. : You're such a good mama. Its in her eyes Lindsay! I'm getting chills just thinking about it.

A few things:

Dh got laid off, not to worry b/c he got another job that very day. Truly a miracle I tell 'ya! God closed one door and opened another one at the same time.

He will leave for training in FL next week and stay for two weeks. NOT looking foward to a house with 5 kids all by myself for two weeks.

AC doesn't work and its hot here. Heat index for tomorrow is 103, 96 degrees. My window units can't keep up. Good news is, we got a break today as there is a wicked storm going on out side making the tempt at 69 degrees! Oh I wish it would stay this way. My little Piper is so sensitive to the heat. I think it runs in the family. My sister would get blisters on her nose, not from sun but from heat - so strange but it only happened when she was a little girl. It doesn't happen now. Piper sweats and a lot. I have to keep her crevisis clean since they build up an incredible amount of smegma mixed with sweat. Its really disturbing. So I try to put A&D in the folds after bath. I do my best to keep her cool. Tank onesis are a life savor as well as super cute! I'd leave her naked but she gets sticky and that pulls on her skin when I hold her, if you can imagine that.
#67 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 AM

Many of you have such rough situations.
I feel pretty lame for making any complaints at all.
I'm not whimpy, but lack of sleep is kicking my butt.
And Z only wakes up once at night, then again early morning.
Having zero appetite is also messing me up.

But, really, all this is nothing compared to what many of you are sharing.
I feel like I'm not much support for anyone with a stinky husband, or a screaming infant or other children.
I understand it all, certainly, but I have no real advice to offer.

Meh. Sorry for anyone having issues.
I hope it gets better. I can't really imagine dealing with some of this stuff and I think you are all so strong to cope the way you do.

/end mushy crap

On that note, I'm going to attempt to go back to sleep.
I was lightheaded at softball last night, probably due to not eating all day. No drink, either. And, I'm spotting... I suspect AF. Bleh.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#68 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

nak

c has grown out of his kl fitteds and all the dipes i got from the cd lending place here, even the fb that are supposed to run big! am donating the few newborn/smalls i have to them.such a great service and they run exclusively off donations. i've been building my stash slow by buying from ouac and locally off cl. i'm liking prefolds here lately.realized all my dipes now are mediums w/the exception of 4 fb lgs. will have to start to look for good deals on the next size up. anyone else experiencing an ackward period where smalls are too small and mediums a little too big? could just be my lo.

will be back- have to burp/switch sides.
#69 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 AM

I acutally have two hands to type...LO fell asleep in the swing at 7 so I was able to doze on teh sofa till DD1 got up. She slept pretty good last night as I followed Kate's advice and swaddled her hands down, she hated it at first but then settled and didn't squirm so much. Though I still wake in a panic a few times throughout the night to check her breathing, scares me so much...anyone else have this? I almost wake her just to make her move, I hate what fear does to me!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryTheres View Post
Shine! Oh my gosh - I so feel your pain! As you know from Facebook! thanks for reminding me to pray about it... that's something I do not do enough.
Me neither..It's eaiser to tell someone else to but it's something I should have done for myself yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I want a vacation! I want to run away....but i know I'd come back to find even more of a mess.
Where is that place in cyberspace...let's just go there! Huggs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Lindsay - my fingers are crossed for you!!!! :
Mine Too!!!! Along with prayers!

Quote:
Thank you

All nice things to hear.

LIndsay that is so GREAT! Good job mama!!! I am so in awe of you Lindsay...you are going through so much and yet you have this amazing positive attitude. I need to learn a few things from you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
Dh got laid off, not to worry b/c he got another job that very day. Truly a miracle I tell 'ya! God closed one door and opened another one at the same time.
Praise God!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Many of you have such rough situations.
I feel pretty lame for making any complaints at all.
I'm not whimpy, but lack of sleep is kicking my butt.
And Z only wakes up once at night, then again early morning.
Having zero appetite is also messing me up.
We all have our issues, some big some small but they are all important to share! I've been crying for no apparent reason the last few days, makes me feel stupid as my child is here and perfectly healthy.

Lack of sleep is kicking mine too! I hope you get some rest this morning. Sorry about AF!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
nak
anyone else experiencing an ackward period where smalls are too small and mediums a little too big?
OS BG work well for many stages...you can find some used on diaperswappers.com.
#70 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Lindsay, keeping my fingers crossed. : Hope you manage to relax some last night.

MelW, hope you had fun at the baby-welcoming party. What a sweet idea!

Murph, hope things get better or you have the chance to take a vacation.

fruitful, glad that your husband found another job so quickly, but sorry he has to leave for training. If I could I'd sent you some cool weather. It has been in the low 50s here all week.

nancy, you should eat. It will increase your contribution to your team if nothing else. Lack of appetite makes for a serious complaint, btw.

shine, hope you feel better today. Glad you got some rest this morning.

On headbutting: DS does that too. Yesterday, though, he was sleeping on my chest while I napped. I guess he woke up early, crawled up my chest looking for some food, and then settled on my neck. I now have two huge hickies.

On sleeping: I think my attempt to switch around DS's schedule may have worked. We keep him up for about 2 1/2 hours in between his naps during the day and play with him in between feedings. He's usually really tired at night and sleeps for about 4 1/2 hours before waking up to eat. Then, goes back to sleep for another 3 1/2 to 4 hours without any complaints. Hope this holds. I'm a total wreck without enough sleep these days.

I think I stopped losing weight. I don't have a scale so I can't check. I'm not very happy about that as I am still 40 pounds above pre-pregnancy weight and 15 pounds above my desired weight. Maybe I'm not moving enough and eating too much (even though it's less than during pregnancy), but I'm afraid it's the medication I'm on being true to its side effects. Need to find a way to shed those pounds by September. Otherwise I'll have to invest in a new wardrobe.:

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#71 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 12:11 PM

So sorry to everyone having troubles .

I have a question for those mamas out there that already had a large chest and have gotten even bigger since having LO/breastfeeding - what do you do for exercise, specifically running???? I've always had large breasts - maybe a full D but now they are at the very least a full DD probably even larger but I haven't gone bra shopping in awhile. To get warmed up for running and just to exercise indoors to be able to watch LO I've been running with Wii fit (running in place). I am wearing two sports bras and I still have to hold my boobs half the time to stop the pain. I like to run and don't want to give up on it - does anyone have any advice??

It's nice and cool here (well cool for summer) so I'm going to take LO on a nice fast walk - that I know does not hurt the "girls"!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#72 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
nak

c has grown out of his kl fitteds and all the dipes i got from the cd lending place here, even the fb that are supposed to run big! am donating the few newborn/smalls i have to them.such a great service and they run exclusively off donations. i've been building my stash slow by buying from ouac and locally off cl. i'm liking prefolds here lately.realized all my dipes now are mediums w/the exception of 4 fb lgs. will have to start to look for good deals on the next size up. anyone else experiencing an ackward period where smalls are too small and mediums a little too big? could just be my lo.

will be back- have to burp/switch sides.
we're there! the only things I have right now that fit well are bg 3.0 and infant size pfs. I had to order another dozen of those and am anxiously awaiting their arrival b/c I'm having to wash way too much. I wish I could afford more bg 3.0, but pfs are my second favorite. The rest of my stash consists of hand-me-down aio's, bumkins and kushies. I've put both on her and they're still too big, especially the kushies, even though she's within the recommended size range. I need to sun the stains out of my KL0 and try and sell them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
On headbutting: DS does that too. Yesterday, though, he was sleeping on my chest while I napped. I guess he woke up early, crawled up my chest looking for some food, and then settled on my neck. I now have two huge hickies.

Well, we're up a little earlier today. I didn't make my goal of getting up with dh yesterday. Hopefully lo naps so i can get more stuff done!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#73 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
.On headbutting: DS does that too. Yesterday, though, he was sleeping on my chest while I napped. I guess he woke up early, crawled up my chest looking for some food, and then settled on my neck. I now have two huge hickies.
Headbutting is one of River's major "I want to nurse" indicators. When she was really tiny she would try to latch on to anything she could reach, such as her dad's cheek. Neither of us ever ended up with baby hickies, though.

Quote:
I think I stopped losing weight. I don't have a scale so I can't check. I'm not very happy about that as I am still 40 pounds above pre-pregnancy weight and 15 pounds above my desired weight. Maybe I'm not moving enough and eating too much (even though it's less than during pregnancy), but I'm afraid it's the medication I'm on being true to its side effects. Need to find a way to shed those pounds by September. Otherwise I'll have to invest in a new wardrobe.:
Yeah, my weight loss has slowed way down too. My wardrobe is limited to yoga pants and hippie skirts--although I can finally wear one pair of jeans with a Bella Band. I'm worried I'll end up having to do Weight Watchers or something, but I really don't want to. Not restricting my eating during pregnancy helped me feel so much saner about food, and I just would really like to be done with the part of my life where I spend any time at all obsessing about what I eat. Maybe any of us who are interested could start doing some kind of exercise accountability thing? I'd be up for that.

Quote:
So sorry to everyone having troubles .

I have a question for those mamas out there that already had a large chest and have gotten even bigger since having LO/breastfeeding - what do you do for exercise, specifically running???? I've always had large breasts - maybe a full D but now they are at the very least a full DD probably even larger but I haven't gone bra shopping in awhile. To get warmed up for running and just to exercise indoors to be able to watch LO I've been running with Wii fit (running in place). I am wearing two sports bras and I still have to hold my boobs half the time to stop the pain. I like to run and don't want to give up on it - does anyone have any advice??

It's nice and cool here (well cool for summer) so I'm going to take LO on a nice fast walk - that I know does not hurt the "girls"!
The place to go for sports bras is Title 9 Sports. They have a huge selection and have rated them for how supportive they are. All their retail stores are in the West, so you'd have to just order something, but they are sports bra experts and should be able to help you out. I haven't bought a new sports bra yet for my new F-cup chest but will need to at some point in the near future.

I'm going to try to get out of the house today and run some errands. All of you who have multiple kids are going to think I'm a huge wimp, but I'm kind of scared to take River places because I hate hate hate when she starts crying in public. I'm definitely going to have to get over that, though, or else I'm going to start feeling like a prisoner in my house. Also, I promised my MIL last time she was here that I would put a zipper in her winter coat, and she'll be here on Saturday. So I really need to get to Jo-Ann's and get going on that project. We'll see how much I can get done today.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#74 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:

Two bras (though I know someone that wears three!) is great. A nursing or "fitted bra" underneath for support, then a *tight* sports bra on top to hold everything firmly in place. You might need to test a few out- I jog and jump in changerooms to make sure that sports bras work. And breastfeeding right before exercise helps, too.

I saw that the May DDC has a postpartum exercise/weight loss thread over in exercise and weight management. Maybe we could start one, too

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#75 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
I'm going to try to get out of the house today and run some errands. All of you who have multiple kids are going to think I'm a huge wimp, but I'm kind of scared to take River places because I hate hate hate when she starts crying in public.
I was like that with my first too. We've been out more with the 2 than I ever was with the 1 in the first 6 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

I saw that the May DDC has a postpartum exercise/weight loss thread over in exercise and weight management. Maybe we could start one, too
Sure, anything to get me motivated and to keep us together!!!!
I gained 30lbs this pregnancy which is amazing due to being sick and vomiting dehydration for the first 5 months! I have 10 more to loose to get back to pre preggo weight but then I also want to drop another 10 to get to my idea...might as well get it gone now as nursing helps and I don't plan to get preggo again. I'd like to loose at least the first 10 by Sept...
#76 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
shine, hope you feel better today. Glad you got some rest this morning.
:
Thanks...I'm doing better today, the tears are on the verge a few times but havn't actually fallen. I'm surprised at how much blogging my feelings really helps. I'm considering changing it to an actual blog and letting it all out there, right now it's just on my shutterfly website. We'll see.

LO finally fell asleep in the wrap...she was a stinker getting to sleep for some reason! DD1 dances all day long...this girl has got to stick with some type of dance if not ballet!

I think my mom is taking DD1 over night Fri or Sat. Mainly for DD1 sake...Grandma is a good playmate and DD1 really needs that right now, I havn't been very good lately.
#77 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 04:15 PM

well, i went ahead and started the exercise thread...hope i don't step on any toes but i needed it...

this lo is trying to stay awake more it seems. she doesn't seem to want to miss anything, but she is tiring herself out completely! by the time she finally decides she will actually sleep she is screaming exhausted, poor thing.

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#78 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 05:05 PM

*sneaks back in*

Sorry, I have been gone, but my mood was really down and I couldn't find the energy to post. I am feeling so much better though.....it is like a complete turnaround. : The big difference is that Ben's screaming is decreasing and he is falling asleep by 8:30pm instead of staying awake screaming until 10 or 11pm. This actually gives me and DH some time to unwind before bed.

Things are not suddenly easy by any means. My 21 month old is sick now, and has been high needs. Last night Ben was awake from 1:30pm until 3:30pm and then Liam was awake for the day by 5:30am.

But I am finding my groove and somehow managing 2 kids under 2. I still haven't figured out how to leave the house with them without it being a disaster, but we are all surviving.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#79 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 05:16 PM

Michelle, I'm glad you're back and that things are getting better. I've been thinking about you a lot

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#80 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM

Michelle, I'm glad to see you back here! And I'm glad things are going better.

I took River to Borders this morning and wore her in the Moby. She was totally chill the whole time. One of the Borders employees was noticeably confused by the Moby and thought it was strange, but whatever.

I'm getting DH's presents put together for Father's Day. I got him a book about good hikes to take children along (he loves hiking with River and this will probably be one of their main activities together). I'm also making him a card. I took pictures of River with signs saying "Happy Father's Day" and "I Love You, Dad!" for the front and inside of the card. And I'm going to the candy store at the mall to get him a bag of mixed candy, all the kinds I think are gross but he loves, like chocolate covered gummy bears. I have to have it ready by Sunday because that's when he leaves for two weeks for a conference.

Baby's crying, gotta go.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#81 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Michelle, I'm glad to see you back here! And I'm glad things are going better.

I took River to Borders this morning and wore her in the Moby. She was totally chill the whole time. One of the Borders employees was noticeably confused by the Moby and thought it was strange, but whatever.

I'm getting DH's presents put together for Father's Day. I got him a book about good hikes to take children along (he loves hiking with River and this will probably be one of their main activities together). I'm also making him a card. I took pictures of River with signs saying "Happy Father's Day" and "I Love You, Dad!" for the front and inside of the card. And I'm going to the candy store at the mall to get him a bag of mixed candy, all the kinds I think are gross but he loves, like chocolate covered gummy bears. I have to have it ready by Sunday because that's when he leaves for two weeks for a conference.

Baby's crying, gotta go.
What great ideaa you have for Father's Day!! I might have to steal the picture idea .

Thanks for the running advice Kristin and Mel (and anyone else I might have missed). I'm very interested in an exercise accountability thread!! Let's start it up!!

#82 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 07:55 PM

Ok, surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 730am. Im in between freaking out and being excited.

Please think of us tomorrow and send Sophia every thought, prayer, vibe youve got!

If I get home tomorrow Ill update, if not, Ill do it as soon as I can.

BIG, DEEP breath! Here we go!!!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#83 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Ok, surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 730am. Im in between freaking out and being excited.

Please think of us tomorrow and send Sophia every thought, prayer, vibe youve got!

::
#84 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:

: thinking of you both! I know you'll be taking her home in no time, mama!

I traded in my maternity clothes today and scored some great second-hand diapers in trade! I'm very excited. Got some infant size pfs and some contours and a large swaddlebees pocket with a bg insert. We'll see if it works. It looks to be on the small size...maybe 15 lbs, so we might be using it sooner than later.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#85 of 138 Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:

: BIG OL' VIBE TO SOPHIA :

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#86 of 138 Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:

:

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#87 of 138 Old 06-12-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:

I'm thinking and praying for you Mama!!!!

::::

#88 of 138 Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 AM

Quote:

I send Sophia vibes and thoughts, now, tonight, and tomorrow morning! : :
Keep up those deep breaths, Lindsay.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#89 of 138 Old 06-12-2009, 02:24 AM

Fingers crossed over here, too.

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#90 of 138 Old 06-12-2009, 09:25 AM

Sending lots of love & prayers for sweet Sophia today!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page