Chat Mon 6/8- Sun 6/14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Starting out the new thread!I have empty arms.

DH took babe to work w/him (just to get his check) but it feels so weird! I've never had a dad wanna take lo anywhere this early before- alone that is! I just had to let go and trust. He'll only be gone about an hour and I fed C right before they left but I feel so strange not having him here.

And Saturday while at my mom's she asked if I was expressing BM yet or when I may start! She wants him to herself too. I said I don't have a pump so not till I have one.(can't hand express- my supply is so well regulated)

I hope everyone had a good weekend- and if not good at least better than other weekends.
#2 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Zack figured out the bouncy seat. He generally was not amused, but he now appears to understand that kicking it makes things happen. I'm waiting for the first real giggle. He's come real close a few times.

I'm dying for more free time and I love watching him figure things out and get excited.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#3 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 11:48 AM

Hearing how your kids like them, I think I need to get a bouncy seat- going to look in second hand shops over the next week or 2- I'm planning to take Phoebe with me to an internship for a month this summer, 4 mornings a week. I think it will be good to have an option other than the wrap. I never had a seat before but I just kept my son in a sling or wrap if we were out.

6 weeks tomorrow. I am going to celebrate with a yoga class (if I can get out of the house long enough). I decided that I'll hold off on trying to start running until Phoebe has more head control. Maybe not till 6 months, but at least until she can sit up.

Today I have to fax yet more paperwork to the state health insurance folks for Phoebe. I guess that means isn't actually covered yet. I also have to drum up some quarters to do laundry (at least it gives me an excuse for a walk to starbucks down the street) and clean the house, and by the time I accomplish this, I am sure it will already be time to go get DS at school. Sigh.

On the upside- I slept from 10 to about 4AM w/out interruption last night! I should be feeling like superwoman today.

happy week everyone!

dissertating mom to three

#4 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 11:51 AM

DS clusterfed again from 2.30 to 6. To make things worse, I had a fight with DH at 4 in the morning after pointing out that he is actually free to sleep while DS eats and that it should not be too much for him to soothe or console DS when we put him back to bed. In the end, I totally broke down and cried. I have no strength left for cranky partners.

Now, we're getting ready for DS's 1-month appointment. Crazy how time flies.

Since many of you are experts on slings and the like: Any recommendations for hot climates? We're going to NC next month and the moby seems to hot.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#5 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post

Since many of you are experts on slings and the like: Any recommendations for hot climates? We're going to NC next month and the moby seems to hot.
I just ordered a cotton gauze wrap from wombfruitwraps. It's supposed to wrap just like a moby but is much cooler...I havn't gotten it yet to say. I did try a mei tai that seemed to be much cooler as you aren't wrapped so much. A friend of mine has the mya sling and she says it's really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
Hearing how your kids like them, I think I need to get a bouncy seat- going to look in second hand shops over the next week or 2- I'm planning to take Phoebe with me to an internship for a month this summer, 4 mornings a week. I think it will be good to have an option other than the wrap. I never had a seat before but I just kept my son in a sling or wrap if we were out.

On the upside- I slept from 10 to about 4AM w/out interruption last night! I should be feeling like superwoman today.

happy week everyone!
LO likes the bouncer as long as the vibrating isn't on, DD1 wouldn't go in it without vibrating...they are sooo different!

I got lots of sleep sat night and was sooo full of energy, upbeat and just a more fun person to be around yesterday....then not much sleep last night and I'm dying allready this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post

I'm dying for more free time and I love watching him figure things out and get excited.
It's so cool when they learn something new! DD1 got LO to smile at her this morning by touching her cheek and saying "tickle tickle" they both loved it!

There were storms here, tornado watches, I hate those, so of course I didn't sleep much at all and LO squirmed so much. She nursed ALOT and then spit up a ton this morning. To keep her somewhat asleep I just laid down the burp rag and laid on it so I could stay close to her...should have moved her... I got up and was soaked with spit up and also drenched in milk as I didn't put breast pads back on....I NEED A SHOWER!
#6 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 12:49 PM

ds hates our bouncy seat. well he pretty much hates it all but the sling

i have a demo to put on tonight with my sca group, fun fun. Babe will come and be in the sling.

I am going to my first camping sca event with ds this weekend. Should be interesting! Dh doesn't come so i''m leaving dd with him.

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#7 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 01:36 PM

LO has discovered his ear and loves to tug on it. So cute to watch! Still doesn't appreciate toys. Auntie gave him a large, crinkly Lamaze toy and he cried out in terror when he first saw it.

He didn't nap at all out of my arms all weekend. Both days, a loud noise messed up his morning nap and everything else about his typical patterns fell apart from there. Luckily his first nap today was great. Yesterday I had a couple points where I was afraid the no nap thing was going to be his next stage or something. Fingers crossed, it isn't!

I am thinking of buying some material to make a no-sew wrap. I really need to master a back carry so I can get a few things done on the days when he needs constant contact. I'm not sure what fabric would be right for this though... I need it to be fairly cheap. Any ideas are very welcome.

Is anybody doing back carries in a mei tai yet? I want one of those, too. I'm laughingly remembering a time when I thought the Bjorn and ring sling were going to be sufficient. DS1 just didn't tolerate the only sling I had at the time, so I'm a newish babywearer still.

For those who nurse on demand, are your LOs still pretty attached to the breast all day? Mine (at eight weeks) is still kind of like a newborn. He is either sleeping or eating, with brief periods of "face time" every few hours, where he wants to look at us and smile. Normal?

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#8 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 PM

miss k doesn't like crinkly stuff at all! It's the noise that gets her, she likes to look at bright stuff, and rattles are good, but anything crinkly equals a sad face and crying. And that includes any sort of bag that chips or cookies might come in...lol

She still spends a good part of her day sleeping...I can't believe she will be 10 weeks on Wednesday...I just had to count again to be sure!

She's with my mom now while I work for a couple of hours. I don't much care for it, but I needed some time to get some things done.

Anyone else feel weird about setting the baby down to exercise? I have been doing this for a few days, and she watches me or sleeps in her bouncy chair, but I feel weird about it. Like I should be holding her, but usually she's asleep....

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#9 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasharna View Post
For those who nurse on demand, are your LOs still pretty attached to the breast all day? Mine (at eight weeks) is still kind of like a newborn. He is either sleeping or eating, with brief periods of "face time" every few hours, where he wants to look at us and smile. Normal?
Even with bottle feeding, Zack is like this. It's getting better, as he goes longer periods without eating now, especially at night, But daytime is still up for grabs and he is almost always wanting to eat. Smiles abound when the bib appears.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#10 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 02:30 PM

We just got back from the cardiologist's office. Good news! Judging from the sound of her heart murmur, the doc thinks the hole is getting smaller. ::: She is also gaining weight at an appropriate pace and is now up to 12 pounds even. We're going back again in 2 months for more tests, and if those show that the hole really is shrinking, then she can stop taking her medication.

I think I figured out why she's been crying more the last couple weeks: not enough naps. She stopped falling into a deep sleep after nursing and would wake up as soon as I moved her (which I was doing right after she was done nursing because I didn't want to get spat up on). Yesterday I tried to make sure she got at least two solid naps, and she cried much less. It seems like I should have figured that out sooner, but oh well.

Re: setting the baby down to exercise, well, I have to set her down to do other stuff too, so I just try not to worry about it. I love holding her, but I can't hold her every second, and I'm usually right there near her bouncy chair, so I figure she's fine. I know it's better for her to have a happier mama, and if I'm getting exercise then I'm happier.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#11 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Is anybody doing back carries in a mei tai yet? I want one of those, too. I'm laughingly remembering a time when I thought the Bjorn and ring sling were going to be sufficient. DS1 just didn't tolerate the only sling I had at the time, so I'm a newish babywearer still.

I'm definitely waiting on the back carry. She's not quite big enough to stick her legs out the leg holes comfortably in the front hold, and I would like her to have a little more control of her body. I may wait until she can sit up on her own.

On the nursing, if I'm holding her, it's what she wants to do about 85% of the time. If dh is holding her, more like 75%. She's going a lot longer without feeding, but then she still cluster feeds at night time and will have a nice long feed in the middle of the night when we're both asleep. I left her for the first time this weekend with my mom. DH and I had a show to play. We were gone like 3.5 hours. She refused the bottle for my mom, but self-pacified on her fist and went to sleep. Then she chowed all night long. Right now she's been looking at the shadows on the ceiling for about 20 minutes while I ate my breakfast. She likes to talk to them . She was a bit fussy last night, tho. She wasn't crying but she wanted to sleep with her face in my boob, so she wouldn't settle down.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#12 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
Right now she's been looking at the shadows on the ceiling for about 20 minutes while I ate my breakfast. She likes to talk to them .
Have I mentioned how much River loves staring at the blinds? The vertical blinds in our living room are like her best friend. She will stare at them for a long time, completely fascinated. And the other night DH brought her to me in bedroom because she was crying. I held her up on my shoulder and rocked her a little, which enabled her to see the miniblinds. She stopped crying and got this look of recognition on her face: "Blinds! There are blinds in here too! How comforting!" She also noticed the ceiling fan in the kitchen the other day. It wasn't moving or anything, but apparently it was really, really interesting.

#13 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I am thinking of buying some material to make a no-sew wrap. I really need to master a back carry so I can get a few things done on the days when he needs constant contact. I'm not sure what fabric would be right for this though... I need it to be fairly cheap. Any ideas are very welcome.

I bought 5 yrds of muslin that works great (is very breathable) and cheap - i had a joann's coupon for however much off a regular price item - they tend to have it every week on the back of their flyer (which you can get in their stores).it ended up being a litle under 7$ for the whole thing. And it makes two because I divide mine in half so i have 2 5yrd pieces

and my 6 weeker is like you described as well

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#14 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 02:57 PM

Murph12334 what is SCA?

re Crinkly sounds: my son HATED sounds like that at first, later loved them. When he was an infant though we had to be super careful not to crinkle any paper or plastic if he was sleeping- he would writhe in discomfort and often wake up screaming. This was a kid who could (still can) sleep through the vacuum.

re blinds: YES! Phoebe LOVES them and so did my son. Vertical and horizontal. (we live in really ugly institutional-style housing, which is to say all our windows have cheap off-white blinds on them, and are bizarre sizes that make curtains really hard. Nice to have a reason to appreciate the blinds...)

re nursing: Phoebe is nursing a lot less already. But she does "cluster feed" and there are times in the day where she wants to nurse every 45 minutes or so. But then she sleeps for several hours and no asking to nurse. Gradually more "awake" time that isn't eating too, she is starting to spend a little time on the floor on a blanket and seem happy.

Who here does EC? I am thinking of going to the EC park day tomorrow in town and finding out more. Not sure I can commit to doing it full-time but I am encouraged that you can be a "part time" ECer and I am contemplating doing it when we are at home. We basically did that w/ DS starting around 18-months since he HATED to be dirty or wet- we did diaper free at home (well, at first we also did a bunch of coverless fitted dipes too) and just lived with some pees on the (carpeted) floor. But that was an age where he was taking himself to the potty. I didn't think of it as me doing it, you know? It seemed to come from his desire to be dry/clean.

#15 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 04:32 PM

EC: I'm kind of starting it. Mostly just trying to figure out his schedule and cues and develop cues for him. I'll be better about it when DH gets here I'm sure...

Nursing: All DS does is eat and sleep during the day. I get a few hours of face time and smiles in the morning and right before bed. (lol and in the middle of the night during diaper changes)

We're still having flea problems here. Pretty sure they're in the yard with the outside cats...therefore, they keep reinfesting in here. Ugh, thankfully the baby is not being affected. I, however, am a huge itchy mess.

The countdown to DH is now less than 48 hours! Yay!

I caught a smile on video the other day! When I post it to the blog I'll let you guys know. I got lots of smiles and coos this morning. (We had a nice conversation about how adorable he is ) He likes to talk to the window and lights whenever he sits by himself.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#16 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yawn. Tired here. Julian sleeps well the first part of the night, until 2am but my 6y doesn't sleep well until then so I'm still up. He never sleeps well after that though, just wakes up constantly but doesn't want to nurse plus he always seems to produce his entire day's worth of farts from 2-6am.

Today is the ONE day in two weeks that I have no place to be so I'm attempting to get my house in order while 2 out 3 children follow me around messing it back up again. Never ending fun.

I attempted to leave Julian the other night for an hour to get my hair cut. He was fine, but Dh was not! He was utterly panicked by the thought of having all 3 children by himself so I ended up having to take the baby with me. I had even expressed, had a bottle of milk all ready to go, had lined everything out for Dh but he freaked out. I think that if men had to do most of the child rearing that the human race would of died out by now.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#17 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Have I mentioned how much River loves staring at the blinds? The vertical blinds in our living room are like her best friend. She will stare at them for a long time, completely fascinated. And the other night DH brought her to me in bedroom because she was crying. I held her up on my shoulder and rocked her a little, which enabled her to see the miniblinds. She stopped crying and got this look of recognition on her face: "Blinds! There are blinds in here too! How comforting!" She also noticed the ceiling fan in the kitchen the other day. It wasn't moving or anything, but apparently it was really, really interesting.
i find eden will stare at any light, but windows are her favorite. We have bamboo blinds and she loves them as well as the windows with miniblinds, so i think it's the newborns' instinct to move toward the light .

Okay, anyone else experiencing this? I made the mistake of telling my dh that lo slept for a two hour stretch in the afternoons....now he has a million things he wants me to do and baby is, of course, not co-operating. I've tried to explain to him that I don't have time, but he's like "you said she sleeps for two hours you should be able to get it done." I feel like he doesn't believe me when she won't sleep longer than 30 minutes. I know he's frustrated and jealous that I'm the one home with lo, but seriously, he wouldn't last a day. Every little fuss and he hands her back to me. If she starts to cry and he walks in to hand her to me and I tell him to comfort her because I'm going to finish doing x before I take her, he acts like I'm being a mean mama. Last week he practically accused me of being lazy and lying all in the same breath. We were having band practice at our house and I hadn't managed to get the living room picked up before he got home. I asked him to pick up a coupkle of things while I was feeding baby before people arrived. He refused and said I had all day to do it if I wanted it done, and then went to sit on the computer. ALL DAY MY ASS! thanks for letting me vent. I've got a million things to do and wouldn't want to be lazy and sit on the computer all day!:

#18 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I attempted to leave Julian the other night for an hour to get my hair cut. He was fine, but Dh was not! He was utterly panicked by the thought of having all 3 children by himself so I ended up having to take the baby with me. I had even expressed, had a bottle of milk all ready to go, had lined everything out for Dh but he freaked out. I think that if men had to do most of the child rearing that the human race would of died out by now.
i have tried to leave dd 2x, but dh chickens out. bah.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#19 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:

I think I figured out why she's been crying more the last couple weeks: not enough naps. She stopped falling into a deep sleep after nursing and would wake up as soon as I moved her (which I was doing right after she was done nursing because I didn't want to get spat up on). Yesterday I tried to make sure she got at least two solid naps, and she cried much less. It seems like I should have figured that out sooner, but oh well.
my LO has gotten into the habit of frequent shorter naps.... what magic wand did you wave to get yours to take 2 solid naps? do tell! lol

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#20 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 PM

Last night we had the luckiest night ever- both kids fell asleep during bedtime stories. And they didnt' even wake up from the flash when I took this photo. I so wanted to leave them there, but can't trust that Neela wouldn't roll over on Nora.

My husband will take the baby or our 3 1/2 year old, but doesn't want both together. And he usually votes for me to take the baby We've had two evenings out, but both times went after Neela was in bed so that the babysitter only had to deal with the baby. I use my husband as the litmus test- if he won't do it, I wouldn't ask anyone else to. Daytime could be fine with both kids, but nobody except me has the guts or the skills for dinner/bath/bed with both during Nora's fussy time.

I'm lucky that my husband knows how tough it can be to get things done. He's amazed at what I can accomplish in a day

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#21 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 07:43 PM

1-month checkup went fine. DS has grown an inch and is back to his birth height (lol) and he has surpassed 10 pounds. So, all the feeding has at least had an effect. Otherwise, he did well too. The doctor suggested to keep him awake during the day to help him (and us) sleep at night. Seems like an easy enough solution, so we've been working on that this afternoon.

DS is also really into blinds. He spends much of his awake time looking at the blinds. His other interest are books. We have several overcrowded shelves in the living room and he can't get enough of them.

Mel, great picture. Very sweet.

Shine, thanks for the tip about the Maya wrap. Will try to find a good deal on that.

#22 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post
my LO has gotten into the habit of frequent shorter naps.... what magic wand did you wave to get yours to take 2 solid naps? do tell! lol
Well, two things:
1) When she dozes off after a feeding, I just have to not move her for a while. If I move her at all, she will wake right back up.
2) Once she's deeply asleep, I put her in the bouncy chair. If she starts to wake up, I turn on the vibrations and she goes right back to sleep.

Re: blinds, I thought at first that it was just the light that she was interested in, but she also does it at night when there's no light coming through the window, so it's definitely the blinds that she likes.

Kate, sorry your DH is being difficult. Maybe it would do him some good to be left alone with the baby while you go to a movie or something, if you would be comfortable with that. (Is Eden still usually refusing to eat from a bottle?) Then he would understand that taking care of the baby all day actually constitutes a lot of work and of COURSE you can't get much done in addition to that! The idea that taking care of a baby doesn't count as work really ticks me off. Breastfeeding alone is an incredible commitment of time and effort.

ETA: FischK, did you mean it literally when you said you shaved your head? Can we get some pics? I think the last time I shaved my head was probably in 1997. I kind of miss it--it was great! I still do cut my hair really, really short though.

#23 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Re: blinds, I thought at first that it was just the light that she was interested in, but she also does it at night when there's no light coming through the window, so it's definitely the blinds that she likes.

(...)The idea that taking care of a baby doesn't count as work really ticks me off. Breastfeeding alone is an incredible commitment of time and effort.
blinds are the same here. fascinating all times of day.

and about annoying DHs (and our society in general, grr) I agree and have similar problems! Sadly, I even do this to MYSELF, and you'd think with #2 I would have learned, but I am always beating up on myself that I am "not getting anything done" when, duh, I am taking care of two kids!

I am so dying to take a yoga class or something, so I am going to start leaving DH with both kids for and hour or two once a week. I hope that helps him appreciate what I normally do, but I fear it will just make him irritated with me for going out, yk?

I haven't left the LO at all yet and she's 6 weeks tomorrow. But, tomorrow I will be visiting my friend who just had her baby yesterday (c-section) at the hospital and so I can't bring any LOs. I plan to let DH meet us after work- I will get takeout for me and friend (and her DH), swap cars and let him grab dinner and take the kids home and see just how freaking hard it is to do ANYTHING with baby and preschooler.

#24 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
This is one of the things that helped me resist the temptation to start growing my hair out. It's going to be hard enough keeping her from yanking my glasses off my face all the time. River isn't grabbing yet, but she is sticking her fist in her mouth more, and often when she's nursing she'll just open one hand and lay it gently against mine. So sweet!
This is exactly what Cooper does!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post

Okay, anyone else experiencing this? I made the mistake of telling my dh that lo slept for a two hour stretch in the afternoons....now he has a million things he wants me to do and baby is, of course, not co-operating. I've tried to explain to him that I don't have time, but he's like "you said she sleeps for two hours you should be able to get it done." I feel like he doesn't believe me when she won't sleep longer than 30 minutes. I know he's frustrated and jealous that I'm the one home with lo, but seriously, he wouldn't last a day. Every little fuss and he hands her back to me. If she starts to cry and he walks in to hand her to me and I tell him to comfort her because I'm going to finish doing x before I take her, he acts like I'm being a mean mama. Last week he practically accused me of being lazy and lying all in the same breath. We were having band practice at our house and I hadn't managed to get the living room picked up before he got home. I asked him to pick up a coupkle of things while I was feeding baby before people arrived. He refused and said I had all day to do it if I wanted it done, and then went to sit on the computer. ALL DAY MY ASS! thanks for letting me vent. I've got a million things to do and wouldn't want to be lazy and sit on the computer all day!:

As I sat down tonight and tried to catch up/post I realied I'm a little annoyed by a similar thing. First of all, does anyone else's LO's wake up practically as soon as they are put down? I love love love to hold Cooper and cherish all the time I have with him but there are just some times that I need two hands to do stuff that I need or want to do. I just put him to sleep and set him down and opened up this website and BAM he woke right up. I'm not sure what I can do about this so any advice would be greatly appreciated. This led me to think about how I think DH assumes almost that the baby is my responsibility and he doesn't have to worry about who is going to watch him while he does stuff because I will just do it. DH definitely has been great, especially in the beginning, and probably does more than a lot of men (at least in comparison to my friend's husband) but as I'm typing he is out lifting weights (on the porch) and I was just thinking how it would be nice if I had a few minutes to myself. Neither of us are working right now; however he is doing work around my parents house (where we are living right now) and I take care of the baby. I don't know, I guess I just get frustrated that he doesnt even care to think about where Cooper will be before he decides he wants to go do something it seems.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#25 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Kate, sorry your DH is being difficult. Maybe it would do him some good to be left alone with the baby while you go to a movie or something, if you would be comfortable with that. (Is Eden still usually refusing to eat from a bottle?) Then he would understand that taking care of the baby all day actually constitutes a lot of work and of COURSE you can't get much done in addition to that! The idea that taking care of a baby doesn't count as work really ticks me off. Breastfeeding alone is an incredible commitment of time and effort.
sigh...he's a good dad, i just don't think he gets it. I did just leave him with her for 45 mins while i went to take the movie back and buy some stamps...things that are hard to do with lo b/c of the constant in and out of the carseat...but when i got home she'd been crying the entire time, which isn't fun for anyone. And she's still refusing the bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
blinds are the same here. fascinating all times of day.

and about annoying DHs (and our society in general, grr) I agree and have similar problems! Sadly, I even do this to MYSELF, and you'd think with #2 I would have learned, but I am always beating up on myself that I am "not getting anything done" when, duh, I am taking care of two kids!
funny thing is my dh has a degree in sociology from a very left-leaning soc. dept...he knows about the whole "double duty" concept and is pro-feminist...i think the main issue is that he feels stuck at his job and can't get enough $ for school

#26 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Well, two things:
ETA: FischK, did you mean it literally when you said you shaved your head? Can we get some pics? I think the last time I shaved my head was probably in 1997. I kind of miss it--it was great! I still do cut my hair really, really short though.
Sure. Here's one and another one. I guess I only sort of shaved it and left about 5 mm standing. I love this length.

#27 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
Sure. Here's one and another one. I guess I only sort of shaved it and left about 5 mm standing. I love this length.
nice! now you two really look alike!

#28 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I bought 5 yrds of muslin that works great (is very breathable) and cheap - i had a joann's coupon for however much off a regular price item - they tend to have it every week on the back of their flyer (which you can get in their stores).it ended up being a litle under 7$ for the whole thing. And it makes two because I divide mine in half so i have 2 5yrd pieces
Thank you! I went there today after reading your post. Ended up looking at cloth for an hour and a half... then left w/o buying, as I couldn't decide which kind I wanted. I'll have to go back again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
First of all, does anyone else's LO's wake up practically as soon as they are put down? I love love love to hold Cooper and cherish all the time I have with him but there are just some times that I need two hands to do stuff that I need or want to do. I just put him to sleep and set him down and opened up this website and BAM he woke right up. I'm not sure what I can do about this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Is it possible that Cooper is overly tired when he gets like that? I'm finding that if my LO spends more than two hours awake, the next nap will be difficult in this way, all jumpy and restless.

Okay... so I've never used Facebook, really. I have an account but have been afraid to use it. If I join the group for our DDC, how much info from my page comes up for other group members to view? And how do I join the group?

Gallifreyan nerdfighter :, doting partner to the sasquatch , mama to the boss : (10/05) and the new little one (4/14/09). :: and hoping to :
#29 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 11:22 PM

Fairymom - That is SO nice that your mom wants to take the baby when hes so young! I hope you enjoyed your hour to yourself!

Nancy - I LOVE it when babies kick to make the seat rock and you will definitely have to take a video and share it when he starts laughing!

Emmaegbert - you are so lucky to be able to take dd with you on that internship! Good Luck with yoga tomorrow, it will probably feel SOOOO good to stretch out!!!

Fisch - for crabby partners : for babies growing so fast!!! I LOVE shaved heads on women, it looks so...freeing! I shaved mine in high school and my dad always said it was one of his fav hairstyles I had!

Shine - dd2 is smiling?! AWESOME!!! Must be so adorable!!

Murph - please do NOT tell my DH your camping with a lo!!! He gave me a free pass from camping this summer and I dont want him taking it back!

Sasharna - If you complete the wrap successfully, can you post pics? Id love to find a no sew wrap, Im horrible at sewing!

goodmomma - I cant believe your dd is 10 weeks already, that means we have some babies that are 3 months!!! (Im thinking skybluepink and twins) Just crazy.

Bohdi - I saw your status update on FB and couldnt wait to come on here and read about River. That is AMAZING news!!!!!!::

Kate - That is awesome that Eden was ok with you leaving her!! But Im going to give this smiley : to your DH. Is he 31 like mine? They sound exactly the same so lately I have been listing off things that Ive done, pushed out HIS 11.5 lb baby, pump 12 times a day, clean (very little, so I individualize them so it sounds like more)TRY and sleep (in between pumping for the baby) etc. Throwing in tears (which should be easy) always drives it home!

AFwife - Ive been thinking of you and your DH, Im excited for you!!!

Peony - does DH do ok with the 2 kids? Maybe he could practice when its nap time for Julian?

Melw - that pic is C-U-T-E!!!!!

michanders - DH does that too. It sucks. They are completely thought-less sometimes!

S is doing AMAZING today! I held her twice (thats BIG excitement for me!!) and she is "tracking" with her eyes and head AND taking a paci!!! Both great milestone-y things. The paci is HUGE. It means she still knows how to suck so hopefully bottle or nursing wont be a big deal to her!

She is getting formula/BM now (Jenelles milk lasted a whole week!!!) and the transition has been perfect, no vomiting!

I cried so hard this morning because I saw a little teensy, tiny smile. This baby has gone from having Apgars of 0/0/2 to being almost on track with other newborns. Im so ::: today! Take a look at this cutie!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/kdk_0372.jpg

wife. dd1 : dd2
#30 of 138 Old 06-08-2009, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you! I went there today after reading your post. Ended up looking at cloth for an hour and a half... then left w/o buying, as I couldn't decide which kind I wanted. I'll have to go back again soon.

Is it possible that Cooper is overly tired when he gets like that? I'm finding that if my LO spends more than two hours awake, the next nap will be difficult in this way, all jumpy and restless.

Okay... so I've never used Facebook, really. I have an account but have been afraid to use it. If I join the group for our DDC, how much info from my page comes up for other group members to view? And how do I join the group?

It's quite possible but it feels like its all the time (except at night but we are mostly co-sleeping).

You can set your facebook account to private and if no one is your friend they wont see anything besides your name. Search for "March and April MDC mommies and request to join group.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page