chat for Monday/22nd through Sunday/28th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 103 Old 06-25-2009, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does sleeping a lot mean growth spurt? I don't know if I can handle any more growing!!!

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#62 of 103 Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I'm dealing w/the wardrobe....biggest issue is pants. If i could just loose this 10 lbs, I'd have a full summer wardrobe:
ME TOO! I am wearing comfy pants rolled up to my knees so I'm not hot, but I only have 2 capris and 1 shorts that fit so I save those for days I'm actually leaving the house!!! I just requested to borrow a Wii from someone as my mom has the Wii fit I can use but she uses her Wii...I think the game format with keep me motivated more thand DVD Videos and DD1 will think it's cool to watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
Happy Birthday Emma!!!
And Happy Anniversery to me and DH!! 4 years today.
Happy Anniversary! HOpe things get better with the sickies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Re: Vit D, we are supplementing with drops that I found at the health food store. No creepy ingredients, so that's great. I want to make sure River's absorbing her calcium and building strong bones. I must have weak bones, since I've broken lots of bones. And my mom was diagnosed with osteoporosis in her 40s. So I decided it was important enough to be worth supplementing.
I'm going to look into those...we actually don't get much sun with it being so hot out!
#63 of 103 Old 06-25-2009, 09:56 PM

I had a funny thought today... if we all meet IRL what you call each other? I refer to you by your names here on MDC, even though I know some of your IRL names.

this thought came to me while reading shine's blog.i commented about it to dh saying shine's blog.sorry i am so dorky right now.

shine- your most recent blog was beautiful. you are a great writer.

ok call me crazy if you'd like but i came to the decision that i am not doing anything permanent about birth control any time soon. i had been planning on getting the essure thing but i can't there are just too doubts in my head. c is the only lo dh and i have together and maybe the only one ever but i don't want to close the door just yet.

goodmamma- hope you had a good anniversary!

nancy- most of mine were extra sleepy right after going thru a growth spurt. all the expended energy needed to be made up for.

im feeling extra animated today- hence all the sigs!:
#64 of 103 Old 06-25-2009, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nancy - I hope you had nice weather in Delaware. Its not far from here and it has been so crappy here lately.

We did however finally get a nice day today and had a great day at the beach! We even stuck little ones feet in the water - he didn't seem to mind it! I'll post a picture when I upload them!

Fairy - I don't blame you. Even when I'm done having kids I'm going to have a tough time admitting it!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#65 of 103 Old 06-25-2009, 11:03 PM

i haven't been on the computer a lot due to Dh working on trying to get a job and on the computer searching and doing stuff.

Oli is growing and growing. He's my tank.

I think I've finally found a pattern to dealing with two kids...but of course now I need to get a job in the evenings and on the weekends to make up for dh on unemployment. I'm hoping it doesn't last long and I can go back to being a SAHM.

Oli was in a cranky mood today but we still played outside and got all three meals together. Fun fun

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#66 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 03:16 AM

Murph - Its so cute you call him Oli, its an adorable nickname!

I keep trying to give up pumping but I cant! My boobs hurt too much if I dont pump and now for some crazy reason, Im making 1 to 2 oz more a day!!! DH said its because I threatened them and now theyre producing!
The smell of BM on dd2 and on my clothes is intoxicating, thats another reason Im stuck with pumping. I have had the same milk duct plug almost every week since her birth. Today I was pumping at the hospital and grabbed a hot rag and started massaging. Well a min or so later I heard a weird hissing sound and it took me maybe 20 seconds to realize that my nipple was SHOOTING milk. I have never had milk come out that hard, it was hilarious, I was like a fire hose and it lasted for a good minute! The noise was crazy. I feel like a pro at unclogging now!

I had my PP doc appt today and got a prescription for Reglan, now dd2 is over her heart surgery I can take it! (still cant take herbs Otherwise, we just chatted the whole time and the doc grabbed the attending and we chatted some more! These 2 women pulled dd2 out of me when she was stuck and Im forever grateful. We found out the other day that they go visit dd2 in the wee hours of the morning when they have a chance to check up on her (they work 2 floors down). DH saw the one the other night at 330am in the NICU. After all my resistance, they turned out to be really great doctors!!

Also, Im letting up on the rigid schedule, Im pumping every 2 to 3 hrs with a long break at night to sleep. (6 or 7 hrs)

Why the heck am I getting more with less effort?! Jeez!

Im off to bed. Im not posting this to start a conversation but the whole death of you-know-who (MJ) has me sad! I feel like I lost a friend, its so weird.

wife. dd1 : dd2
#67 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 03:30 AM

So glad pumping is working for you, Lindsay.
It is very rewarding when you can see exactly how much is coming out.
Frequency is key, in my experience, and it sounds like your body is getting the message.
There is a huge mental aspect to it, as well. I remember leaking at the sound of Zack's cry for food.
Anyway, awesome job sticking with it. I'm very happy for you!

#68 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
So glad pumping is working for you, Lindsay.
It is very rewarding when you can see exactly how much is coming out.
Frequency is key, in my experience, and it sounds like your body is getting the message.
There is a huge mental aspect to it, as well. I remember leaking at the sound of Zack's cry for food.
Anyway, awesome job sticking with it. I'm very happy for you!
Thanks Nancy!!
The other day I told DH that I was going to give up pumping and he said " But what about dd2? What about her health?" and other things of the sort. I burst into tears and felt SO guilty. Well, it turned out that DH thought I was saying those things to get him to say something to KEEP me pumping. For once he tries the right tactic but it was in the wrong situation.

She is still getting onl about a third of her day drinking BM and the other formula but its ok. I was thinking Id probably take it week by week now. Ive almost made it 2 months now and I only made it 3 weeks before supplementing with dd1. By 6 weeks with dd1, I was all dried up.

When you finished pumping, was it hard to dry up? Do you just ignore the tingles and schedule? I wonder because of that darn plugged duct I get. Id hate for it to be torture to dry up.

#69 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 AM

I just dropped a session here and there, and ignored tingles sometimes.
I also didn't try as hard to empty completely.
By the end, though, all I seemed to be getting was sugar water.
That made it easier to quit.

I still feel badly, but my monster grows exponentially.
He is finally leveling out a little, but still attacks the bottle like he's starving.
That could be me!! :-O

#70 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 AM

Hi all,

I am still here--just beeen busy with early wake-ups from my toddler. He is also suddenly very clingy. He has always been a mommy's boy, but becamme very attached to DH near the end of my pregnancy and right after LO's birth. Now though, all he wants to do is give me bear hugs and look in my face and babble at me. When I am not busy cuddling him, I am holding LO or nursing or changing someone's dirty diaper or trying to get someone to sleep.

LO has finally started cooing alot, and just started waking up happy too. When he does cry, he seems to calm down if it is time for his Zantac, so I guess the medicine is helping his reflux. : He is on a growth spurt though and has been starving and demqanding food alot.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#71 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Re: wardrobe issues.....

I am having a huge problem with this. I gained 45 pounds with ODS and only lost 35 pounds of it. We were living in England, so I bought some winter clothes that were slightly bigger to fit me. When we moved to Alabama last summer, I only had 2-3 summer outfits that fit me so I planned to go shopping. The day after the movers delivered my stuff and I confirmed nothing fit, I got my BFP....so I basically went straight back into maternity clothes (ODS was 11 months). This time I only gained 27 pounds and lost all but 5 of it....but nothing fits since it didn't fit after ODS anyway.

Most of it is me just sucking up that my body is probably different for life. All of my summer clothes are either size 0s or size 2s and it is likely that as an almost 34 year old with 2 kids, they'll never fit again. I finally broke down and bought 5 pairs of capris and 3 pairs of shorts in a size 4 from Land's Ends summer sale (I got my shipping notice today). I felt guilty about it but DH told me that even if I fit in size 2s again, I probably won't always since I will turn 40 before I know it. That man really knows how to sweet talk a woman, doesn't he? In any case, I am still struggling to make peace with my new body even though I have looked like this since August 2007 when I delivered ODS.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#72 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 12:12 PM

I'm still here too, I can read but rarely write b/c I am not NAK a baby who eats steadily, he is off, on fuss, off& on. Now the 7 hr straight nursing marathons are over in the evening and at 2 months 4 days he weighed 15 lbs 6 oz! I was shocked b/c my other boys started out huge and stayed in the lower percentiles, but this guy started out tiny & got huge.

Racie, I can totally relate, my toddler is super clingy lately, always asking to be held, always kissing or looking into my eyes too, my dh is not too thrilled about it.

I am having issues with weight too. I just don't think I can lose weight in the "4th trimester". I always put on a ton (50 +) and lose it all, but it takes about 9 months, This time I am trying to exercise a lot & see no improvement at all. I don't mind being big but I hate my lack of muscle tone. Its all worth it to have my healthy little boy, but hard to get dressed!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#73 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM

I'm having wardrobe issues as well. It's primarily a midsection problem. At this point, pregnancy clothes are too wide and fall off, but my normal clothes don't fit. So I'm wearing old t-shirts and sports pants all day in the hopes that I will be able to reenter my old clothes some day. To leave the house I bought two pairs of capris which should do the job for the summer. I am not quite ready to give up on my old clothes because I can see that my body continues to change shape because of the exercise regime I'm trying to stick to.

DS has been having trouble napping during the day for the last week or so. He falls asleep while nursing, but as soon as I put him down he's awake again. He follows that pattern for hours, getting increasingly more fussy only to crash at around 5 pm. He then sleeps for hours interrupted by short and frequent nursing breaks. Today, I tried getting up early (at 7 am) and to play with him for a few hours to see if that makes a difference. Of course, he fell asleep while nursing around 10.30. On the first attempt, he woke up when I put him down, but the second time, he actually fell back asleep. So, this is the first time in a week that I can do some housework without DS in tow.

Yesterday afternoon, DH and I tried to go to the movies to watch Jim Jarmusch's "Limits of Control." Because we do not have a baby sitter or any family around to watch DS, we took him with us, hoping he would sleep through the movie. BUt no, first he decided to nurse, then he wanted to watch the screen, then he pooped so much that it started to come out, and then he decided it was time to nurse again and got cranky. Luckily, we were alone in the theater, but I think the next time, we will go for a later show. Btw, from what I could tell, the movie was great.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#74 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 PM

AAAAAAAHHHHHH! I NEED a break from this emotional 4 year old who is draining ALL my engergy!!!!!!!

my mom was supposed to take her overnight tonight,but my mom fell at work and is sore today so backed out yet again.....and Dh is going boating with some guy friends tonight...FANTASTIC!
#75 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 02:31 PM

So, I recall saying how Z doesn't like the swaddling, blah blah blah.

Well... it's the ritual now for sleeping. He wakes up inside the swaddle though. He travels in the crib... I have to figure out what to do about that.

All that talk about swaddling made me try it and now I can't stop! :-O

#76 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 02:48 PM

to everyone having a rough time.

good for you, lindsay!

nancy - try a swaddling blanket w/velcro like the kiddopotamus wrap.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#77 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 03:00 PM

ok, someone tell me how long a 8 pound 13 ounce baby can tolerate diarrea? (sp?) I am frustrated beyond belief that the doctor says we can only give her pedialite and keep waiting. She was slightly dehydrated but not bad. Their response to my daily calls has become, watch her and take her to the er if she gets lethargic. She cries so much more now, even more than just the colic, and it's the hurting cry, which makes me cry. Do you guys have any ideas????

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#78 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
ok, someone tell me how long a 8 pound 13 ounce baby can tolerate diarrea? (sp?) I am frustrated beyond belief that the doctor says we can only give her pedialite and keep waiting. She was slightly dehydrated but not bad. Their response to my daily calls has become, watch her and take her to the er if she gets lethargic. She cries so much more now, even more than just the colic, and it's the hurting cry, which makes me cry. Do you guys have any ideas????
When you can't introduce something that will solidify things, I imagine this is really rough. I guess you have to wait it out.

Informal height tally: 27.5 inches...

#79 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
Informal height tally: 27.5 inches...
holy crazizap! that's one looooong baby!

Erin, . No answer for you on that, just so sorry

#80 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
holy crazizap! that's one looooong baby!
ridiculous, isn't it?
i had no idea my baby could be so large.
i'm rather petite... or was... >.<

biiiiig swaddle...

#81 of 103 Old 06-26-2009, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
WOW Nancy! At Cooper's 2 month appt he was 23.5 inches which was 73rd percentile and he is a few days older than Z - what percentile does that make Z????

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#82 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 12:32 AM

At one month, he was 97% for height and 90% for weight.
I'll know more on the 2nd when we see the doc, but I'm guessing he's about the same. The CDC website has charts someplace.

I'm astounded daily - everytime i pick him up!

#83 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 PM

goodmomma. That sounds really frustrating and worrying. How's lo today?

River is starting to vocalize a lot more in the last couple days, which is really fun. She also must be going through a growth spurt, as she is acting like a little milk monster. Last night she had a couple times where she slept for 2-3 hours, but the rest of the night she was waking to nurse every hour or hour and a half. We were in bed for 11 hours total but I'm still really tired.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#84 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I hope you're doing better. Breastmilk, breastmilk, and more breastmilk (better than pedialyte- usually they only recommend that for ff babies). All the ER would probably do is IV rehydration if she can't be rehydrated orally. My only other suggestion would be probiotics for you and baby- they can help to normalize the gut again. You can buy baby probiotics, and mix the powder with a bit of EBM. Good luck!

We have other poop issues. Gross, mucousy, green and smelly. Even with the total elimination diet. Neela's were bad with allergens, but this is worse. I shouldn't have to plug my nose to deal with baby diapers like this We're going to the doctor next week to talk about it. And to weigh her again, too- she seems really little, and I suspect absorption issues with all the poop/allergy stuff going on.

But she's just woken up in my lap and is growling and laughing at me. Off to play!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#85 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 04:31 PM

mel, that's awful! so sorry! good luck at the drs!

#86 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 04:49 PM

Thanks guys. I will look for some probiotics for us to see if that helps. She's refusing Breastmilk today. She will only take the pedialyte. I called the doctor after her refusal of Breastmilk, hadn't eaten well since last night. And 6 poops already today. Doc said go to ER. So we did. They said I am doing a good job keeping her hydrated, so she isn't dehydrated. They took a stool sample to culture. If she still has diarrhea on Monday we go back for bloodwork. She's actually napping now, which is a miracle, since she hasn't napped in days for more than a few minutes at a time. For now, I offer the breast first and get her to take as much as I can, but if she refuses after 10-15 minutes, give her the Pedialyte. She did charm all the docs and nurses though. They said the most important thing is to keep her from getting dehydrated. They only said Pedialyte after 4 days of diarrhea, otherwise they hadn't suggested it, so I guess they usually wouldn't? I don't know. I have to go pump now...blah...

Mel-I hope you figure it out!!!

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#87 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 PM

Click on this pic for a great surprise!!!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/kdk_0573.jpg

She took a bottle!!! 5 ccs to start but she did FINE!!!!

She had the remaining IV removed and is no longer on any sedatives. This means that I can walk into the NICU and pick her up WHENEVER I WANT!!!! She also got moved from the critical care nursery to special care nursery!

I havent cried in 3 days!!!

#88 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 10:21 PM

Lindsay, Wonderful news!!!!!!!! :

#89 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 10:31 PM

Wow, Lindsay! Sophia's definitely ahead of Eden in that department! She has to go to a sitter tonight and I'm hoping she just sleeps b/c it's around her bed time, anyway, but I'm sending a medicine syringe, a medicine spoon and three different bottle options ju8st in case .

#90 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
She took a bottle!!! 5 ccs to start but she did FINE!!!!

She had the remaining IV removed and is no longer on any sedatives. This means that I can walk into the NICU and pick her up WHENEVER I WANT!!!! She also got moved from the critical care nursery to special care nursery!

I havent cried in 3 days!!!
:::::

Lindsay, I'm so happy for you! It'll be great for you and for her to get lots of snuggle time.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page