chat for Monday/22nd through Sunday/28th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay1234 View Post
click on this pic for a great surprise!!!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/kdk_0573.jpg

she took a bottle!!! 5 ccs to start but she did fine!!!!

She had the remaining iv removed and is no longer on any sedatives. This means that i can walk into the nicu and pick her up whenever i want!!!! She also got moved from the critical care nursery to special care nursery!

I havent cried in 3 days!!!
yay! What a beautiful pic! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
thanks guys. I will look for some probiotics for us to see if that helps. She's refusing breastmilk today. She will only take the pedialyte. I called the doctor after her refusal of breastmilk, hadn't eaten well since last night. And 6 poops already today. Doc said go to er. So we did. They said i am doing a good job keeping her hydrated, so she isn't dehydrated. They took a stool sample to culture. If she still has diarrhea on monday we go back for bloodwork. She's actually napping now, which is a miracle, since she hasn't napped in days for more than a few minutes at a time. For now, i offer the breast first and get her to take as much as i can, but if she refuses after 10-15 minutes, give her the pedialyte. She did charm all the docs and nurses though. :d they said the most important thing is to keep her from getting dehydrated. They only said pedialyte after 4 days of diarrhea, otherwise they hadn't suggested it, so i guess they usually wouldn't? I don't know. I have to go pump now...blah...

Mel-i hope you figure it out!!!
so sorry! Sounds like your handlin it well...good job mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melw View Post
i hope you're doing better. Breastmilk, breastmilk, and more breastmilk (better than pedialyte- usually they only recommend that for ff babies). All the er would probably do is iv rehydration if she can't be rehydrated orally. My only other suggestion would be probiotics for you and baby- they can help to normalize the gut again. You can buy baby probiotics, and mix the powder with a bit of ebm. Good luck!

We have other poop issues. Gross, mucousy, green and smelly. Even with the total elimination diet. Neela's were bad with allergens, but this is worse. I shouldn't have to plug my nose to deal with baby diapers like this we're going to the doctor next week to talk about it. And to weigh her again, too- she seems really little, and i suspect absorption issues with all the poop/allergy stuff going on.

But she's just woken up in my lap and is growling and laughing at me. Off to play!
sorry too! Hope you get it figured out!

WHATS WITH ALL THE ISSUES LATLEY?!

HERE IS MY ISSUE..So much for no yeast...i'm sure i have it in my lft breast...not sure if lo has thrush or not, but she refuses to nurse on that one most feedings...i might have a vag infect now too..i jinxed myself! Any suggestions on natural cures for breast and baby? I do have mw appt mon but they usually do presc.
#92 of 103 Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow Lindsay I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!! Wow!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#93 of 103 Old 06-28-2009, 10:28 AM

: Sophia :

goodmomma, I hope it resolves soon. Will she dream feed? That's what I had to do with Nora when her teeth were coming in and she wouldn't nurse. Did they weigh her at the ER to see if she was loosing weight?

Shine, kellymom has lots of great thrush resources. Gentian violet and grapefruit seed extract are the most common natural cures that I know of- even many mainstream peds will recommend GV. If you search thrust on the breastfeeding forum here you'll find lots of threads, too.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#94 of 103 Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lindsay, that is great!! :

DH comes home late Tuesday, we are doing ok. Children are getting really grumpy and missing him. I only skimmed through a few posts so sorry.

I'm having major clothing issues as well. I only have one pair of jeans and one pair of capris that kind of fit. You know the type that you can wear for a few hours but not all day because they still are a little too tight. And they aren't anywhere near my normal size! I had 19 more lbs to lose a month ago, I stepped on the scale this week, and I had GAINED another 2.5 lbs. : I'm not watching everything that I eat, but I've been so busy that I'm not really eating that much (eating enough, but usually when I'm bfing, I eat soo much because I'm hungry all the time) and nothing in the weight loss dept. Before DH left, he said that he'd make it up to me, right now I'm thinking Mamma getting to work out 3 times a week would work. I'm fine with being a little over my regular weight, I'm normally thin, but I don't want to have to buy all new clothes. I'm having to make major cut backs to cover DD1's therapy five days a week.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#95 of 103 Old 06-28-2009, 11:10 AM

clothing issues- I was hesitant to reply because I've been fitting in my old pants since a week pp (all thanks to no wgt gain during pg) but I do have issues of not having enough. Everything thing I own is at least 2 yrs old and there's not much in the 1st place so now I am dealing with looking ragged and holey all the time.No money here to buy new/used for myself.I have 3 pairs of shorts all sweat pant style and a bunch of men's undershirts that are off-white and stained w/BM.

C is finally strong enough to be woren forward facing in the wrap! : He's going to love "seeing" the world. Anyone else going to use a saucer or activity seat for lo? C likes to be upright and sitting like everyone else so now that he can support himself on our laps I think I need to get one! Howabout those Bumbos ? the seat that helps los sit..has anyone used one before? what's you op? their new since ds4 was a babe and cool like idea.

Hope everyone w/sickies are getting better. mamas having rough days have better ones and those is hot places get some cooler weather.Here it is no longer in the 90s. much cooler- almost chilly compared.

Peony- how about making a welcome home daddy sign/banner with dc? and a count down calender to show when he'll be home? just a piece of paper with boxes/numbers till he's home.ex. 3, 2, 1 that they can cross off each day.
#96 of 103 Old 06-28-2009, 04:05 PM

Nancy, Zac is huge! You're pbviously treating him very well.

bodhitree, it's great that River is communicating more. And I hope it's a brief growth spurt.

MelW, sorry to hear about the poop problem. Good luck!

goodmomma, hope your daughter is doing better today.

Lindsay, great news on Sophia and very cute picture!

wobblykate, how was your concert?

Shine, sorry to hear about the possible yeast infection and hope it clears up soon.

Peony, amazing that you're able to handle three children by yourself. And I do hope you will be able to exercise several times a week.

fairymom, your son already has enough head control to face forward? That is so cool!

Here it is once again pouring. We had some nicer weather the last few days with occasional thunderstorms. DS does not seem to like thunderstorms at all and gets really clingy.

Yesterday evening, we went swimming at the local pool. I swam my laps and DH played with DS in the shallow end. DS seemed to enjoy it quite a lot, but he looked a little cold after 30 min. How long do you stay in the pool with LO?

He was also really exhausted and slept till 4.30 am. That was awesome. However, he's sleeping a lot today and it's difficult to keep him awake. He's either growing or the pool was not a good idea.

Working Mom to DS1 (05/09) and DS2 (08/11). 

#97 of 103 Old 06-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FischK View Post
Nancy, Zac is huge! You're pbviously treating him very well.
I'm not sure I have a choice... I just feed him when he breaks my eardrums. :

We had him next to a 3.5 month old yesterday... they were essentially the same height. Zack was not as chunky and his head was smaller. SCARY!

Also, I was watching this other kid to see what I have to look forward to in development, and oddly Zack was pretty much doing all the same things. Just not sitting up as much, but otherwise comparable with smiling and talking and head movement.

PS: My back hurts from the lifting!

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#98 of 103 Old 06-28-2009, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Fairymom- that's a good idea, and if I gather up the energy today I might try to do that.

We've got a saucer and then a bouncy/jumping thing on a stand. I'll keep one downstairs and one upstairs when Julian out grows the bouncy seats. One allows me to take a shower and the other is a safe place to stash baby when I need two hands once in a while. I don't use them all the time but the little I do, they are a lifesaver! I had a Bumbo for DD2, she had very poor muscle tone in her chest from her chronic lung disease and couldn't sit up for a long time. An OT suggested it to me, she hated it, and I wasn't that fond of it either so I didn't even bother keeping it for the next child. She wasn't comfortable in it, being in such a seated position when she couldn't do it herself yet, she'd just lock her legs straight out and scream until I took her out. I'm of the mindset anyway that they'll do it in their own time (unless there is special needs and hence the reason I bought one for her), and there is probably a good reason they aren't sitting up yet!

As for the pool, 30 minutes or so until they get old enough to really play in the water was all my kids liked. They just get cold after a while. We are at the pool about 3 days a week right now, DD1 is training for the swim team, but I haven't taken DS in yet. Mainly because the clorine smell is so strong and then I don't want him getting cold and screaming to leave when there is no way in heck my other kids will leave after just 30 minutes. I had to pry them out of there this morning after 2 hours, and I'll be back there tomorrow night. I wear him in a sling and just wade around hip deep or so chasing after other children.

#99 of 103 Old 06-28-2009, 10:55 PM

Lindsay, Gosh, I am soo hapy for you! I got choked up when you said you hadn't cried in three days. You are so strong! I am so glad all is going well

Racie, did you get any good sugestions/advice on your nap issues? Have you tried anything else? Is it gettign any better? I do some people (two actually) whose LOs just basically never napped during the day. I wish I had some advice for you. I'd hate to see you resort to any sort of cio ... but what you are going through sounds so difficult. Shine, what was your "modified ferber?" just curious...
#100 of 103 Old 06-29-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Click on this pic for a great surprise!!!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/kdk_0573.jpg

She took a bottle!!! 5 ccs to start but she did FINE!!!!

She had the remaining IV removed and is no longer on any sedatives. This means that I can walk into the NICU and pick her up WHENEVER I WANT!!!! She also got moved from the critical care nursery to special care nursery!

I havent cried in 3 days!!!
Oh Lindsay! what GREAT news... I'm so happy to hear all this! That picture made me cry.... what big steps she's taking towards coming home with you.

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#101 of 103 Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Sigh. I told my mom she could watch Julian tomorrow afternoon and now I'm nervous about it. Out of all my kids, he is the only one that I would even think about leaving as a baby. He takes a bottle, doesn't nurse to sleep, is happy going to sleep in anybody's arms, it could be a stranger to him and he could care less! I have to take DD1 over to future classmate's house right after lunch for them to meet, trying to get DD1 less anxious about going to school by meeting other students. I'll take Julian along for that, when I get back to pick up DD2, I have to rush into town for one of DD1's therapy appointments. They are doing road construction in two places along the way so I'm guaranteed wait time, Julian isn't thrilled about being in the car except for a few minutes here and there. Get done there and rush all the way over to the other side of town for a swim lesson, and then come home, through more construction.

He'd be so much happier sitting at home in my mom's arms. I can pump in the morning and get enough for him, DD2 would get one whole hour of my time while we wait for DD1 in her session, she would be thrilled, but I just want him to come along. I've never left a baby at home until they were running around.

#102 of 103 Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 AM

Wow! I just skimmed, so sorry if i don't respond but we sure generate a lot of info!

Shine, sorry about the yeasties. not fair!

Fairymom, hope you find some cheap stuff to add to your wardrobe! I found a pair of jeans at the thrift store today that fit perfectly, which is great b/c one of my two other pairs bit the dust last week. On the bumbo, I tried one w/ Eden at the resale shop the other day and she sat up really well in it, but i couldn't tell if she liked it b/c she was fussing before i put her in. My instinct is that she would like it a lot, because she loves to sit in the corner of the couch/chair. But they wanted $26 for it and my sil said she had a bebe pod at home i could have, so we'll see.

peony, happy to hear dh is coming back soon...hope you get your 3x a week!

We had a great day today! My parents came back through town on their way home and had some hamburgers at our house. Baby spent a long time outside staring at the trees and 'singing' to them. She didn't nap more than a couple 20 min periods during the day, which makes for a bit more fussing. But the outside time was great and the weather was perfect...low 80s with a fantastic cooling breeze! I wish the whole summer could be that pleasant!

Saturday's show went great and the radio spot was fun, too. We took video of the show so we'll hopefully post that soon. It was MUCH harder leaving baby at night time, which I wasn't expecting. If I hadn't been wearing mascara, I might have cried. As it was, I drove like a bat outta hell both ways and didn't dilly dally afterwards. Baby did okay, but of course didn't take a bottle and cried herself to sleep. She woke up right before we got there and just waited quietly. It's like she knew we were coming. After we got home she just stared at me in bed for an hour and laughed and chattered...it was like she was 'catching up' and telling me all about her evening...and maybe making sue i didn't disappear! so cute. weird thing, right after our last song i hopped off the stage and went outside to call & check on her and i opened my phone and saw her picture on the wallpaper and my milk came rushing in! very funny and glad i'd opted for disposable nursing pads!

Overactive letdown issues have been frustrating lately...Eden's been having mini nursing strikes and refusing to nurse on a particular side for awhile if it's spraying her. She's also been clamping and twisting, which is awful.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#103 of 103 Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 AM

Oh! and i ordered a 3-pack of smartipants! : hope they are as awesome as everyone claims!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page