Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yay for Zack & Nora!!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
The ER doc said I was the first woman she had stitched up in the ER while bfing and texting, I'm talented at multi tasking now.
up: Sorry you hurt your foot, tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
Any suggestions? I don't know what her child raising views are/will be (bfing, cding, circ) since she shut us out so I don't even know how I'll be able other than maybe just being there if she calls. She made a comment at x-mas about if she couldn't do it (mothering) would I take it- so i know she has a lot of fear. I guess I am feeling scared for her. I remember how scared I was when my first came...
i like pp's idea of the care pkg..if you're in the samearea could you just show up w/food?

[QUOTE=MelW;14025396]We're headed to the doctor today, too. A pap and conversation about family planning for me (I'm pretty sure I want to try a copper IUD). [QUOTE]still loving mine, tho no pp af yet

Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes, all.
It can't be worse than when I clipped his finger instead of his nail. >.<
...why i still bite off eden's nails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky leeuhhh View Post
i totally thought i replied to this thread but i guess i didnt. when does this ddc go bye bye? well, not a lot going on here. gwyn is three mos yesterday. i cant believe that! she is talking and laughing like crazy. still up once or twice a night but thats alright. i feel blessed that we figured out a way for me to stay home with her so i wont complain about having to get up and feed her. dh is in line for a promotion at work, so we are praying that works out too. we have had a very rough financial year, as im sure many of you have. for the 4th we are driving down to oregon to dh's family property to eat and hang out. we were supposed to camp, but i chickened out not wanting to sleep in a tent with a 3 month old. maybe if we had a camper. gwyn is about 15 lbs now and still nursing like a camp. glad to read everyone's updates, and hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend!
Welcome to OR! Wish we could meet!

We're at the beach @ my folks house. laptop is dying. ta

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#62 of 90 Old 07-03-2009, 01:31 AM

I cant keep up, SO much going on with you guys!

for all the ones with problems

: for all the good news!

Sophia is doing good today, she had a mystery illness, fever and congestion and achy-looking for a couple days. A big dose of antibiotics and shes WAY better. She was all smiles today.

She is not liking the bottle, her reflux is so bad, she has the ability to suck and swallow but doesnt want to. Our options are keep her in the hospital and keep trying or put a permanent feeding tube in her stomach and take her home (while still working with the bottle). At first the tube freaked me out but now I dont give a crap what is hooked to her, I want her home...NOW.

The nurses have been making me do ALL her feeding, meds, cleaning, measuring, etc and have been quizzing me on amounts, names and reasons for meds. Ill be a pro by the time we get her home!

Im thinking about every single one of you guys!!!!!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#63 of 90 Old 07-03-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Official Stats are in @ 2 months and 7 days:
15 pounds
25.75 inches
97+ percentile for both

Nursing/eating cues:
-- SCREAMING
-- The Monkey Dance >> "ooo ooo ooo ooo" while waving arms and kicking legs (I should video this)
-- Lip smacking with tongue
I think Zack could eat Nora for lunch

Shasharna, I love that your baby growls at anyone for food. I had a friend's baby rooting on me recently- so funny!

Kate, enjoy the beach. And I'm glad to hear the positive IUD report. I'm going to do it- just need to fill the prescription and make the appointment.

inky, thanks for the update. Good luck on your trip! I think we lose the DDC in the next couple of weeks...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#64 of 90 Old 07-03-2009, 10:53 AM

And, I forgot, Z also shoves his fist in his mouth when he's hungry.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#65 of 90 Old 07-03-2009, 11:36 AM

Mel--I think Kenady and Nora might be the runts of the group...LOL Kenady was 9 pounds almost 1 ounce last Saturday! she has gained 4 pounds since birth...

She just yells at me when she's hungry. She roots for about 1/2 a second and if you don't have the boob out and ready for her to eat, she screams at you until you put it in her mouth! She eats frequently, but not large quantities I think.

Gotta go, the yelling is starting...

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#66 of 90 Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 PM

no time to comment right now, though i've read...have a great day mammas!
#67 of 90 Old 07-03-2009, 01:27 PM

I am feeling totally overwhelmed lately, so I'm not posting much, but it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about all of you! I'm just struggling to try to get stuff done around the house. Our yard is like a jungle, the garden is weedy, the carpets are dirty, the cats are peeing outside their box (not on the carpet though, thank God) and need to be taken to the vet, the cars need repairs, my parents and siblings are all needing some TLC, etc etc etc. : At least the baby is clean, fed, and well cared for!

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#68 of 90 Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
Shine, DH and I are from the Midwest and are planning an epic Midwest roadtrip next summer. I'm sure we'll be coming through Iowa, so maybe you and I can meet up IRL!
o
I meant to comment on this and forgot...PP brain! That would be sooo GREAT to meet up, though I hate that it's a year away our babies won't be babies anymore! Not going to think about that!!!

And I'm so sorry that your having such a tough time lately...adjusting is so hard sometimes...DD1 has been an entirly different child, she's even had some potty accidents. People said this would happen but they said that about every other stage and she proved them wrong, I guess we are making up the years we got off with such a sweet child!

Just had a friend and her daughter visit from our old town, I used to nanny her daughter when she was 3rd/4th grade and hadn't seen her till now. She's a senior this year...time goes so fast! It was so sweet to see her playing with my P. N wouldn't let them hold her long though...but it's so nice that as a second time mommy I don't care what others think of me, when my baby cries I get her back! It was such a good visit! This friend helped plant the seeds in me about the world of chiropractic and natural health as well as a relationship with Jesus... It's amazing how you can know someone so breifly in life yet they can impact you in a great way.

Fireworks rained out....bummmer!
#69 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 AM

bodhitree. Clean, fed and well-cared for baby counts for a lot!

Nora seems to be coming into such a "personhood" in the last week. She's suddenly so in tune with her surroundings, talking so much and really seems to watch and listen to everything around her. I love watching her develop her own personality and way of being in the world : And Neela is convinced that Nora "gets" and tells fart jokes. Nora farts or poops, then looks at us and giggles

#70 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
bodhitree. Clean, fed and well-cared for baby counts for a lot!

Nora seems to be coming into such a "personhood" in the last week. She's suddenly so in tune with her surroundings, talking so much and really seems to watch and listen to everything around her. I love watching her develop her own personality and way of being in the world : And Neela is convinced that Nora "gets" and tells fart jokes. Nora farts or poops, then looks at us and giggles
farting babies are hilarious... PJ often sneezes and farts at the same time and sends DH and I reeling. Instant funniness.

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#71 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post
farting babies are hilarious... PJ often sneezes and farts at the same time and sends DH and I reeling. Instant funniness.
so far Phoebe hates farting, but delights her brother by doing it frequently. According to my dad the first joke I 'got' as a baby was about farts. So, its quite a family tradition around here...

she was 12 lbs 4oz about 10 days ago (at 8 weeks exactly). That is smaller than her brother was at the same age but certainly no runt.

ugh, crying baby, I can relate to everything else falling apart but at least baby is okay. gotta run! She wants momma 24-7, that is for sure.

dissertating mom to three

#72 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 10:03 AM

got to see my nephew on fri! he is soooo tiny. and looks just like my sis but dark. my sis and I got to talk even w/8 other people in the room! (don't know how she colud stand that many- I never could. She's bfing, cding (thru a service- for now), cosleeping and bwing. But they circ the poor little guy- wanted to say so much about it but held my tongue and just prayed for him. but all in all so cool. he's very like going to be my only nephew/neice for a very long time- if ever again. she ahd a really hard and fast labor. 1 hr and 45mins from start to finish. he was transverse and tey had to use the vaccum to get him out she tore front to back but she's in good spirits!

so found out my wagon's head gasket is blown and we don't ave the money to fix it right now . going to be a long summer w/the kids at home. can't go anywhere except the grocery- less than a mile away! argh.

I love smilie babes.caleb charms everyone he meets w/his smile! and the giggles. he's been sleeping so well te past few nights- like I am talking 8-9 hrs in a stretch! mama's finally getting some sleep too now! If only ds4 would get on board and sleep past 7 now that would be heaven!

This whole week w/ds4 has been hard. he's been wild and very aggresive towards everyone. even bit dd7 leaving a bruise! so just wanted to tie him to his bed. this weekend I get a break/breather as they middles are at their dad's for it. he tried to get out of it so he could enjoy the 4th w/his friends alone but that was a no-go. they'd have more fun w/him. there's a picnic w/swimming and fireworks w/lots of the kids' friends and his. where we are just staying home (dh has to work in the am/noon) and are skipping fireworks for Caleb's sake (he's just too little this year). but it'll be nice to relax and just be!

hope everyone has a great 4th and weekend! :
#73 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 11:28 AM

4 nights of 6+ hours of sleep (uninterrupted)
I hope this sticks...

#74 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
This whole week w/ds4 has been hard. he's been wild and very aggresive towards everyone.
this has been happening w/ my 4 1/2 year old too. Not all the time, but so much more than we are used to. I am trying to live through it, respond firmly and kindly, appropriately, and not get mad myself (easier typed than done)

blah

happy fourth of july everyone.

dissertating mom to three

#75 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
this has been happening w/ my 4 1/2 year old too. Not all the time, but so much more than we are used to. I am trying to live through it, respond firmly and kindly, appropriately, and not get mad myself (easier typed than done)

blah

happy fourth of july everyone.
Yup, my 4 year old isn't aggressive but whines and melts into tantrums way more! I hope this adjustment period adjusts soon so we can move onto more pleasant days....

Better go spend time with the fam...I hate that it's raining today, though we did get to go to the parade!

Nursed N in the MT with a nursing cover while walking through the grocery store, I love it when things like that work!

Thinkin of Dawn, Mischeivium and Lindsay...holiday's can be hard when your missing a peice of your family at home.
#76 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 PM

caleb rolled over today! 1st front to back and then back to front.. AND he's scooting (armyman crawl) its so soon..i don't think any of my others did this before 4 mnths esp the sccoting- sure he'll be crwling for really by 6 mnths. what a great 4th!

8:45 and we still haven't eaten yet- so hungry :
#77 of 90 Old 07-04-2009, 11:03 PM

my little guy was on his belly and was propping himself on his arms. He flipped, or fell over onto his back - i don;t think it counts as flipping

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#78 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 11:58 AM

I love waking up to baby coo's and smiles! such a great thing!

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#79 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I love waking up to baby coo's and smiles! such a great thing!
Me too, I can't remember who said it but it really is a survival tactic as I am not a morning person, but who can resist a sweet baby coo and smile??

I think I either have a plugged duct or mastitus...going to take my temp. Woke up this morning with really sore breast (not nipple) rubbed it while nursing lots and in the hot shower, no relief. There is no bump just soreness in a line from armpit area to nipple. I feel so tired and worn out and a little tummy ache, I even excercised and showered which usually makes me energized...any thoughts??? Still dealing with the yeast/thrush issue ( apears to be clearing up though if not gone this week will get genetian violet) I gave in and used a vaginal monistat I had...day two with that and I know I have a vag yeast too...UGH! Going to take my temp, attempt to eat something and lay down with babe.
#80 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 02:45 PM

No temp... I did look up info on kellymom. Still not sure if mast or clogged duct?
#81 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 03:46 PM

I have beeen reading along, but still overwhelmed.

Lindsay, I had an acquaintance at our last military base with a DS who spent a couple months in the NICU. In the end, he came home with a feeding tube, and kept it until just after his first birthday. His dad said it wasn't any problem at all, and they got used to it quickly. I cannot imagine how much you just want Sophia in the house.

We have a cold bug going through the house and LO got it. I got the sweetest, funniest thing last night. I put ODS to bed and went to check on DH who was trying to get YDS to sleep. Witht he cold, YDS was fussy, so DH used a fleece blanket like a wrap and had YDS tied to him. Now we have tons of carriers, so why he didn't just go into the hallway and grab one, I don't know.....but seeing DH wearing a congested YDS in a ducky fleece blanket just melted my heart and made me giggle. I snagged a picture and promise to share once I download it.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#82 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I think I either have a plugged duct or mastitus...going to take my temp. Woke up this morning with really sore breast (not nipple) rubbed it while nursing lots and in the hot shower, no relief. There is no bump just soreness in a line from armpit area to nipple. I feel so tired and worn out and a little tummy ache, I even excercised and showered which usually makes me energized...any thoughts???
I'd call the doctor tomorrow, unless it's magically cleared up. The last time I had the symptoms you describe, my FP diagnosed it--generically--as a breast infection, and prescribed abx compatible with breastfeeding to clear it up. To me the big flag is the soreness that extends into the armpit.

Mom of two girls.
#83 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post

I think I either have a plugged duct or mastitus...going to take my temp. Woke up this morning with really sore breast (not nipple) rubbed it while nursing lots and in the hot shower, no relief. There is no bump just soreness in a line from armpit area to nipple. (
So I had this too and a shower did NOT help. A burning hot compress helped. I kept heating it up and kept it for about 5 min then massaged form under my armpit down to my nipple. The compresses and tons of pumping seem to work best for mine!

Didnt see clarasmoms response!!! Listen to her call the doc!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#84 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 10:08 PM

Zack pouted at the loud booms of the Macy's fireworks at first, but then slept through it and the train rides, subways and our long walk in a huge crowd back to Grand Central after the show. Sirens, horns, voices and Times Square mayhem didn't wake him.

I wonder what he'll be like next year...

No effects from the vaccines have been evident. Sweet.

And... he's a thumb sucker... >.<

#85 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
So I had this too and a shower did NOT help. A burning hot compress helped. I kept heating it up and kept it for about 5 min then massaged form under my armpit down to my nipple. The compresses and tons of pumping seem to work best for mine!

Didnt see clarasmoms response!!! Listen to her call the doc!
feelin better after nurse/nap and some compresses/pumping...will try burnng hot ones.

i'm sooo anti abx/meds (unless really needed as in sophia's case ) i have a hard time callin doc! can't decide if lo needs to go in for thrush, they'll give nystatin vag infect gettin better and nipples no longer sore, lo mouth appears healing but so hard to tell.
#86 of 90 Old 07-05-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Zack pouted at the loud booms of the Macy's fireworks at first, but then slept through it and the train rides, subways and our long walk in a huge crowd back to Grand Central after the show. Sirens, horns, voices and Times Square mayhem didn't wake him.

I wonder what he'll be like next year...

No effects from the vaccines have been evident. Sweet.

And... he's a thumb sucker... >.<
we watched these on tv...cool yuo were there!!!
we have a fist/thumb sucker too, fine with me as it gives me some time to lay her on her own and hopin it helps in the car!!!

glad shots were fine!
#87 of 90 Old 07-06-2009, 12:16 AM

Shine, I am also anti abx unless absoltely needed & there are options for mastitis, although it sounds like you are improving.

If there is no fever yet, you can take garlic cloves and cut them to swallowable size and swallow a cloves worth like a pill, every 4 hours. It works like abx, but gently. You also take vit C to tolerance every 4-6 hrs, I take about 500 mg each time. The combination, plus tons of nursing, helps cure mastitis before it gets too bad. Once a fever kicks in, abx can be the best bet.

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#88 of 90 Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 AM

The promised pictures....DH and his improvised wrap:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6514047_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...0_316017_n.jpg

And proof we have real carriers:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1762137_n.jpg

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#89 of 90 Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 AM

Shine, I cured my mastitis with vit c, garlic, rest, TONS of water, TONS of nursing and alternating hot/cold compresses and massage and hand expression. It took about 24 hours, and I never had a fever. There was a red area and streaks extending in my breast, and they slowly retreated and the pain improved. Hope yours is better soon!

We have great coos and smiles here this week. And *so* close to rolling all the way over- she still gets hung up on her arm, though. Easier when naked and no dipe in the way of her twisting and rolling around.

I've done a great job of keeping Nora and Neela protected from the sun, but burned myself today. We were at the park all morning, then building composters at the community garden this afternoon. I love the sun, but need to protect myself a little better!

#90 of 90 Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 AM

racie, nice wrap

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page