What's going on with you this week?

Wife (4/24/04) to Curt, Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver :
#2 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just fired!

details to come......

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#3 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 12:28 PM

big girl friend Leah is visiting, who is 12 1/2. Its SUPER fun for my 4 1/2 son. Baby also likes riding in the station wagon surrounded by big brother and big friend- I hear her cooing, laughing, and talking back there.

I read some books on EC over the weekend and have actually "caught" 5 pees each on sat and sunday. I am thinking about going for it- maybe my goal will be to be diaper free in the house? Anyway, funny b/c I apparently did pretty much every EC "technique" w/ DS starting when he was about 15 mos old, I just didn't know it was a system. It was in response to his complaining about being dirty or wet- it hadn't occurred to me that I could do it w/ a younger baby.

Baby Phoebe had a really yucky poop on Saturday morning- about as hard as wet clay. Also it smelled worse than usual. She looked very upset while she was doing it. I felt bad! She is only having breastmilk and nothing else at all. She only poops every 3-4 days- but that is her normal pattern. The day before we were at the zoo all day and it was hot and I am quite sure I was dehydrated- maybe she was as a consequence mildly dehydrated? Isn't baby poo supposed to be that all mushy stuff?

Hope you all had a fun holiday weekend. I'm impressed by all the rolling babies! Phoebe just doesn't seem interested in that at all yet- they are all so different.

dissertating mom to three

#4 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post
I was just fired!

details to come......
\
Whoa...I'l look for details

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
I read some books on EC over the weekend and have actually "caught" 5 pees each on sat and sunday.

Hope you all had a fun holiday weekend. I'm impressed by all the rolling babies! Phoebe just doesn't seem interested in that at all yet- they are all so different.
good for you for ecing...what book did you read? N has rolled a few times, she has no interest in toys other than her mobile. they are so different and the age range we all have makes a difference too.

breast is better, still tad sore but bot bad...thrush appears to be almost gone...so gonna keep doin what I'm doin

got 20 min of Wii fit in and some stretching crunches while N napped then got a shower while N laid on changing mat diaperless.

11am and i've accomplished alot allready...decided my to do list daily is: exercise 20 min, shower, pick up house before DH is home, dishes in washer, diapers washed. maybe a load of laundry( dh helps with this)..the rest of the day is general care and cuddles with my babes!

thinkin bout dawn today, I hope she gets answers!
#5 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Shine - glad the breast is doing better. I do usually give things like that a couple of days--know what you mean about being cautious with abx.

I have both girls at home on Mondays. Sometimes, it's an at-home day; today, we'll go to the park and/or the zoo and enjoy the good weather. I feel as if I'm getting some brain cells back, so later this week I'll try to take advantage of that and get some music written.

Mom of two girls.
#6 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Kim I'm so sorry!! Ill be looking for details .

Cooper doesn't roll yet. He is definitely becoming more and more alert every day!! He will just sit and coo for a good 10 mins straight. He sounds like he is trying to tell a story !!

Shine - glad to hear the breast is getting better.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#7 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 02:43 PM

Z's whining in the crib... and I can distinctly hear "mama," which I have been teaching him. It's interesting that he only says it when he cries.

Also, he loves his doorway airplane bouncy swing thing. It lets him bounce on his legs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFz5lZYJp1Y

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#8 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM

wow nancy! look at that head control!! what a cutie!

Miss K has decided she only likes forward facing whenever she is in a carrier...but her head control isn't the greatest yet, so I have to watch real closely.

She loved the fireworks last night, she stared at them for about 10 minutes before getting bored. I forgot the camera tho...

I am at a place of sadness today, please think happy thoughts for me. I am being treated for PPD, but I don't think that's it.

I hope everyone else is having a great day!!!

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#9 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
I am at a place of sadness today, please think happy thoughts for me. I am being treated for PPD, but I don't think that's it.

*happythoughtshappythoughtshappythoughtshappythoug htshappythoughts*

#10 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry your sad, I am too today. What do you think it is?
#11 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I was just fired!

details to come......
Argh! Hope things are okay. I'll be interested to hear details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
River doesn't like being on her tummy, so she flails around trying to escape from tummy time, but she can't roll yet either. My holiday weekend was fine, nothing exciting. We sat out on the cul-de-sac with the neighbors watching the illegal fireworks that were being set off from about four different houses in our neighborhood. Also, I got to hear from the crabby old lady next door about all the discipline strategies she used with her daughters when they were little. I came away from that thinking she was lucky they still talk to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
breast is better, still tad sore but bot bad...thrush appears to be almost gone...so gonna keep doin what I'm doin
Glad you're better! When I got mastitis, I had a high fever right away and felt like I was getting a bad case of the flu, so I went for the abx. I'm glad it seems like you won't have to!

Quote:
I'll think some happy thoughts for you. I hope you find what's behind your sadness.

I'm feeling somewhat less overwhelmed than I was last week. I realized that my mind has been doing some of the things it used to do when I used to be really depressed (like being really irritable, dealing with conflicts in a childish way, being pessimistic, and feeling guilty about things that aren't that bad). DH is helping me by making sure I get time to exercise and do some sitting meditation every day so that we can nip it in the bud before it gets worse. That's helping a lot, and for all the stuff around the house, I'm just trying to do one thing a day to clean or organize the house. Even if it's just something that takes two minutes, it helps me feel better about things.

I just noticed all our sigs are indeed gone! Off to recreate mine...

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#12 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Kim, that sucks! wtf???

I've been off mdc for 3 days...no time w/the family. I read up and will post later. hugs to all.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#13 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yep, hugs to all. I've been gone as well, so trying to get caught up on everything, here and IRL! We went to my parent's house in the mountains for the 4th. It was fine, Julian had a hard time napping there with 9-11 people coming and going so he is glad to be back. Off to do a few more things before the youngest two wake up....

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#14 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 06:51 PM

This isn't IRL? :-O

#15 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Seeing if my siggy is back...wished i had saved it!
#16 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 PM

I'll try to keep to the point. There's so much back story to this.

I've worked for my now (former) employer for 7 years. I've helped him grow his business more than 100%. The plan was for me to start working in my own room (you need a specially constructed room with speakers and a lot of fancy electronic analog gear to function). While waiting for this special room to be built for me (for 4 years), I shared my bosses room. Working late nights and weekends to get in. Working 50+ hours a week for 4 years until the day I went into labor. I poured everything I had into learning the craft of audio mastering, and showing my boss how dedicated I was to making it work, and kicking butt. They were like my family.

My husband knew my boss before I did (he used to be in a band). He always told me my boss would never actually get that 2nd room up and running for me, DH and I fought about this a lot. I always stood up for my employer and said that I believed he would do it, because he told me he would. Because I worked so hard to show my boss that it would be great for his business to have 2 rooms working.

I was proud of where I worked, I kept close to my boss (and his wife) with ideas on how to improve their business and always got rave reviews on my customer service. I went above and beyond.... truly dedicated myself to improving and growing their business.

I don't mind talking money here, because this is how it all went down. When I would work late nights and weekends I would make $33/hour (for the mastering). My salary pay was $19/hour (for working in the office and production room). It has always been discussed how mastering would make me more money than working in the office. Simple concept.

In several meetings before I took my maternity leave (which I was not paid for) we discussed the 2nd room being finished so I could master during the day - because I would no longer be available during nights and weekends (because I was having a baby). Everyone understood and agreed the room would be completed. It was not completed upon my return. My boss then said the room was going to be done by september and we would make things work until then. I said that was fine, but I needed to make AT LEAST what I was making before my maternity leave, or I could not afford full time child care.

My boss and his wife and daughter have plans to be away for some of this week. I have projects scheduled to master in the room during 9-5. I receive an email this past weekend, from my bosses wife, who clarified that any mastering I do during "salaried hours" I would not receive and additional pay for.

I respond in email (with the support of my husband), that I cannot master during salaried hours without making some sort of commission (we never discussed that) and please let me know when we can talk about this.

No response to the email.

I go in today and my boss says to come in his room and we'll talk. He asks "so you don't want to master during your salaried hours unless you make commission" and I say "no" and he says "your services are no longer needed". I ask "do you want me to leave now?" and he says "yes". I leave.

After 7 years. It took him 30 seconds to let me go.

Because I didn't want to do work for $19 that I would normally get paid $33 for.

Now... I've never been on unemployment, but I will gladly take this time to be with my son. So for that, I am happy.

But I am stunned in all other regards.

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#17 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 08:01 PM

Kim - s, s and more s! I agree with you about this being a GREAT time to be unemployed and since he let you go you can definitely collect unemployment and you will be able to spend so much time with PJ!! I know it stings though after everything you did for him. I really just don't get some people.

BTW - we had a discussion about wishing we could meet on last week's thread and now that I'm moved back to Jersey you and I should meet sometime!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#18 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 PM

I grew up in parsippany...

#19 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 PM

Too funny Nancy - and you aren't too far away from Jersey now! I lived in Morristown for awhile and will be there for the day on Saturday!

#20 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Kim - s, s and more s! I agree with you about this being a GREAT time to be unemployed and since he let you go you can definitely collect unemployment and you will be able to spend so much time with PJ!! I know it stings though after everything you did for him. I really just don't get some people.

BTW - we had a discussion about wishing we could meet on last week's thread and now that I'm moved back to Jersey you and I should meet sometime!!
thanks michelle! where in NJ are you? I'm so far north I'm 5 minutes from the NY state line (and 287).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I grew up in parsippany...
RT46! lol....

#21 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
I'm feeling somewhat less overwhelmed than I was last week. I realized that my mind has been doing some of the things it used to do when I used to be really depressed (like being really irritable, dealing with conflicts in a childish way, being pessimistic, and feeling guilty about things that aren't that bad).
Here, too. Been trying to rationalize it as the effects of sleep deprivation, but basically I may need to have a conversation with my psychiatrist about meds. Not fair to anyone in the family, let alone myself, to let it get any worse.

Quote:
I go in today and my boss says to come in his room and we'll talk. He asks "so you don't want to master during your salaried hours unless you make commission" and I say "no" and he says "your services are no longer needed". I ask "do you want me to leave now?" and he says "yes". I leave.

After 7 years. It took him 30 seconds to let me go.

Because I didn't want to do work for $19 that I would normally get paid $33 for.

Now... I've never been on unemployment, but I will gladly take this time to be with my son. So for that, I am happy.

But I am stunned in all other regards.
It bites, but better now than later, in a way. Would hate to have seen you put even more time and energy into this guy's business and then have the same thing happen. Because I'll bet it was only a matter of time--it sounds as if the way it went down was almost a set-up. Good for you for not letting him undervalue your work.

Mom of two girls.
#22 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 PM

rt 202, actually... almost morris plains. our mailing address was morris plains, but it was still technically parsippany.

I will be in allamuchy on saturday...

#23 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
rt 202, actually... almost morris plains. our mailing address was morris plains, but it was still technically parsippany.

I will be in allamuchy on saturday...
Allamuchy?

#24 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claras_mom View Post
Here, too. Been trying to rationalize it as the effects of sleep deprivation, but basically I may need to have a conversation with my psychiatrist about meds. Not fair to anyone in the family, let alone myself, to let it get any worse.
So sorry to hear that. I'm going to give it a few weeks and see if I can turn it around to try to avoid meds if I can, but you're right, if you're at that point where you feel like you need them, you should go for it.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#25 of 89 Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Allamuchy?
route 80, exit 19

#26 of 89 Old 07-07-2009, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

kim - wow. I'm still in shock at how they let my dh go...similar to you, empty promises, but still working his butt off for the company...then to be rewarded with getting let go. It just makes me sad the employers that are doing this even more to people these days. Economy is bad bad bad and there are enough people losing jobs due to places shutting down I hate to hear of more circumstances of bosses playing hard ball business. It makes me wonder if they even care about their employees as people. I hope you are able to find in the end something better that will be better for you as a family and will appreciate your hard work. I'm holding out the same hope for my husband.

#27 of 89 Old 07-07-2009, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Oli was just fussy fussy today - he's in his nighttime sleep now while i grab some computer time hands free of baby!

I was getting a tad annoyed today at the kids. Though I started more activly trying to get 3 year old dd to pee in the potty and well...she's a stinker and would only do it when i bribed with getting to watch a dora episode. She actually did it on her own a few times - i had her in padded underpants and she pulled them down, went pee and pulled them up and went back to the dora episode. Then later when she was busy playing she said she didn't have to pee and mear seconds later told me she peed her pants. I wonder if the boy will be easier to potty train.

Thankfully Oli seems much easier than my dd. Which is a relief since i still have her to deal with daily at the same time of dealing with him.

I havent heard anything back on some applications I put in for rinky dink local evening jobs to get some more income with dh being on unemployment.

#28 of 89 Old 07-07-2009, 01:25 AM

oh momma2be_k, that is horrible. I hope that you can get unemployment for a good number of months and then that a wonderful fulfilling job find you, doing what you have worked so hard to learn.

I've been so frustrated w/ DS much of the time, still am I guess, but it was good to have a chat w/ my neighbor who is a very gentle and impressive mom of 4 girls, the oldest of whom is 7. Her kids always seem so great, but she says that the middle two in particular struggled a lot with adjusting to their sibs.

I just can't seem to get back to work at all yet. I really need to and just can't find the time and motivation. I'm a grad student- good b/c its so "flexible" and bad b/c I can procrastinate like crazy...

dissertating mom to three

#29 of 89 Old 07-07-2009, 01:49 AM

claras mom and kim

Has anyone seen an update from fruitfulwomb? Im trying to find the thread where she said she was dealing with something big, but I havent seen an update.

Got the ok to put Sophia to the boob and so weve been trying....very slowly. First time, she screamed like I was trying to hurt her and the second time she chewed on it, looking around, like she was wondering what it was. Very funny.

Ok, off to pump then back to the hospital! Still trying to keep my thoughts positive but Im burned out, so its hard!

wife. dd1 : dd2
#30 of 89 Old 07-07-2009, 02:28 AM

Kim--what a shock. That feels like a punch in the gut. I'm so sorry, but I'm impressed at how well you're taking it! I hope you get to have some great time with Parker.

Lindsay--Awesome! Funny, that sounds like what Eden does with a bottle!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page