Milestones! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dd1 claims--and I have no reason not to believe her--that her sister rolled from front to back a day or two ago. I wasn't looking, so I missed it...dang it!

Today, I put dd2 down in her play yard while I grabbed some lunch. Came back into the room to find her sound asleep on her tummy....

She's just over three months (April fool's day baby), so it was high time for the first; didn't really expect the second quite so soon.

Mom of two girls.
#2 of 15 Old 07-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nora is rolling side to side, but still not able to make it over from front or back.

Her big milestone is two teeth (first through the skin at 2 1/2 months). Personally, I'd prefer rolling ...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#3 of 15 Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Eliza's super wiggly - this morning, we watched her do a complete 180 on the floor, just by rolling first to one side then the other. The true test will be whether she figures out how to repeat it--or if it will be more like dd1's first step.

Dd1 took her first step, unsupported, on her 9 month birthday, then pretty much did nothing more with it for another month. I've always liked to think it was in deference to my feelings about her going into daycare. "Here, Mom! I've taken the first step. You didn't miss it! Now back off...."

Mom of two girls.
#4 of 15 Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 PM

Eden rolled over once at 1 month from back to front and just recently started doing it consistently. She rolled over for the first time "on purpose" without pulling on something at 3 mos 2 days. She's only done front to back a couple times and i don't think on purpose, more like she rolled onto her belly and then lost her balance and rolled back.

and we're teething......

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#5 of 15 Old 07-16-2009, 08:46 AM

riley rolls to either side and sorta scoots around in circles on her back. but no actual rolling *over* yet.
#6 of 15 Old 07-16-2009, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
riley rolls to either side and sorta scoots around in circles on her back. but no actual rolling *over* yet.
This is pretty much what Cooper does. He is constantly moving though and sometimes turns himself 90 degrees while on his back.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#7 of 15 Old 07-16-2009, 01:41 PM

Yeah- Phoebe rolled once when she was about 2 weeks old and not again since then. She scoots and turns herself very well on er back, and does all these pilates-like exercises that would KILL me where she lifts her legs and pelvis up high. I'm sure its not far off.

Since we're trying EC its actually kind of convenient for her to not roll yet... will need a much bigger pee-pad when she does. I "catch" about half her pees and she's only 2 mos... so its a lot of pees. I'll look for a cheapie wool blanket to lanolize, and then just throw easily washed flannel blankets or sheets over it to be her play pad.

And ds is going to really have to get with the program with his tiny toys all over the place.

dissertating mom to three

#8 of 15 Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 PM

Our floors always have some little odd bits, so that's going to be a callenge. It's so cute though, when she's on her tummy she uses her head as a 5th appendage for moving around. She can scoot pretty far that way with her little army crawl.

#9 of 15 Old 07-16-2009, 04:50 PM

First smile 4/5 weeks.

First front to back roll 4 weeks.

First giggle TODAY!

N is not yet into toys much or playtime...she's 11 weeks so thinkin it'll come in the next few weeks
#10 of 15 Old 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Ben is never content with being put down, so he doesn't do much with playtime or toys. If he is awake, he spends 75% of his his time being worn and the other 25% of his time nursing. He has rolled belly to back a few times, and regularly puts his hand in his mouth to soothe himself. He has no interest in toys. All he wants is to be held and to watch big brother.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#11 of 15 Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Julian rolled over several weeks ago, totally by accident because he hasn't done it since! Not many other milestones going on, he giggled in his sleep this week, still waiting for him to do it while he is awake though.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#12 of 15 Old 07-17-2009, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Eliza has had at least one other roll onto her tummy--both followed by sleep. I think we have a tummy sleeper. She's getting more interested in toys, and is very "talkative" --the little high-pitched bird noises are the latest addition to her vocabulary. Making grabs for her feet as well.

She's about the same weight as her sister was at this age, but shorter, so when she curls up, she's like a little roly-poly....very cute.

Mom of two girls.
#13 of 15 Old 07-17-2009, 12:35 PM

Phoebe has so much to say to us... her brother was nothing like this at 2mos. Squeaks, squeals, cooing, back-and-forth vocalizing. Smiles, occasional laughing. So cute! So far only grabbing hair and nearby fabric- not interested in toys (though she also doesn't have a lot of toys).

dissertating mom to three

#14 of 15 Old 07-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Eden loves her toys, especially a lady bug with a mirror (or anything with a mirror) and a little mouse from ikea w/a red dress. i think it's the dress b/c she's really attracted to patterns. She also likes her play gym and some dangly toys we got that clip on to her car seat (life savers). She seems attracted to toys with faces, which is interesting. She's a talker and has recently developed a 'boob song' that she sings while nursing. It's pretty cute, but counter-productive. She did a double roll a couple times yesterday, but it shocked her b/c it made her roll onto the hardwood floor, which she didn't like at all.

#15 of 15 Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Aiden rolled from front to back on his 3-month birthday. He's such a happy little guy, I can't recall a time when he WASN'T smiling and laughing.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page