teething already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-18-2009, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vincent is drooling and fussing and chomping on my fingers (and his own) constantly. Do they really teeth this early?

Milena got her first teeth at 9 months, so this is a new one for me.

Any suggestions on soothers you like? I'm planning on buying Chamomilla homeopathic today. We have Sophie (the giraffe teether) but he's not so great with holding a toy for long periods and such....which is why I find this difficult. Milena was old enough to hold a teether and chew on it, have an icecube in a fresh food feeder, etc.

Poor guy. He seems so tiny to be dealing with this already.

XOXO
B

mama to Milena Anjali (4/26/06) and Vincent Asher (4/13/09) ~ married to the love of my life since 2002.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-18-2009, 06:08 PM

interested in replies on this! my DS didn't get teeth until 2 weeks before he turned 1 so I also didn't deal w/ teething in a tiny babe. But he actually did drooling and chewing on things for most of his infancy anyway. The ped told me that some of that is developmental stuff and not necc related to teething.

Phoebe is already chewing her fists and loves to bite on my thumb and is drooling a lot. I sure hope for her sake its months off before she has to deal w/ teething!

dissertating mom to three

#3 of 6 Old 07-18-2009, 07:01 PM

River has been teething for like a month and a half already. I can see where her two bottom teeth are trying to come in, but they haven't popped through yet. She isn't holding toys for very long yet, and she won't chew on a teething ring or a cold washcloth, even when I hold it in her mouth for her. So we've been relying mostly on homeopathic teething tablets, with the occasional dose of Tylenol when she seems to be in a lot of pain.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#4 of 6 Old 07-19-2009, 06:54 PM

Aiden seems to be teething as well. My other son got his first two bottom teeth when he was four or five months old, so it might be just around the corner for this little guy too!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#5 of 6 Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 AM

hylands teething tablets are great

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#6 of 6 Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM

Xander has been teething for a few weeks as well, but no visible teeth yet. Sure can feel some sharp bumps *just* under his gums though!

For the pain, we let him chew on our hands and the counter pressure is usually enough, we're baby orajel users when it's not : In our defense that only happens once every few days and we use WAY less than the packaging suggests.

On an ew note, I never knew that spit was a natural laxative until Xander started teething

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page