Mods: where's april 2009? :) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 217 Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't really notice any cramping until around when I tested. I was 14 or so dpo.

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#62 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 12:13 AM

Hey gals, I haven't posted on this board in a while but I think I will be joining this ddc. I am 6dpo really crampy, tender nipples and I am exhausted today. We had a little slip too. I am hopeful but we weren't actively ttc. It has been on our minds, although this would be a little earlier than planned. AF is due in a week and I will test if I dont get it after a few days. I would be due April 16.

cmoma- I started having sore nipples and cramping last night 5dpo. I don't know for sure yet but I think it could be that your going through the same thing.

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

#63 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 AM

[it can be from the follicle growing causing pain/pressure (before ovulation), the follicle breaking free releasing fluid which causes irritation and pain (at the moment of ovulation), or from the contractions (peristalsis) of the fallopian tube as the egg moves down it (after ovulation).]

Found this over on the pregnancy and birth forums: It was in response to some one asking about ovulation pain. Texaspeach responded with the above quote.

It seems my cramping may be from the egg moving on down the tube. Since I know I am past ovulation. just thought I would pass the info on!

iana: I'll be interested to see if you are pregnant with the early cramping and such?

thanks for the replies ladies
#64 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I want to join this thread too!! My EDD is 4/11/08 (the day in between Good Friday and Easter, isn't that neat??)!!!::

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#65 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 10:26 AM

My symptoms: I started with sore nipples at 6DPO (which is when I knew, or at least really hoped). I was also feeling some pains then as well in my abdomen/pelvis and have just been generally "crampy". Oh, and I have also been SO thirsty!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#66 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 10:41 AM

Oh, I can't wait for them to put up our DDC so we can have more detailed chats about symptoms, due dates, and show some BELLY PICS!

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#67 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 PM

THIRSTY! I know what you mean. I feel like all I do is drink water and pee.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#68 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
THIRSTY! I know what you mean. I feel like all I do is drink water and pee.
Now that you mention it I have been drinking a lot more water. Somehow I never managed to put 2 and 2 together.
#69 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 PM

Add me to the club! :

We weren't actively TTC, but we were going to in a few months. So this is an oops for us! Although, we haven't been using the most reliable BC....we were both kind of secretly hoping for an oops.

It's so funny, of all the months when I thought I was pregnant because I was having lots of "symptoms," I wasn't. And this month, I've been having hardly any symptoms, and I have a dark line BFP. This was the one month I wasn't obsessing about it. The only reason I took a test is because I am very late. Although my body has seemed out of whack and I've had nauseous symptoms since my first miscarriage (almost a year).

It still doesn't seem real.
#70 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
acp

I got a BFP this morning, so I guess I belong here... Still don't know my EDD since AF never returned after my last baby - I'm guessing April 9 or 10.

I'm still in a bit of shock, though happy, too. I went off the mini pill about three weeks ago (still with no sign of AF, and still nursing DD, though she started nursing a lot less). It never occurred to me it would happen this quickly!
#71 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
:Congrats to all you preggy mamas!:

Now can I hijack this thread for a moment please

OK how many of you had cramping shortly after you O'd? My dh and I had an oops moment and dtd the day before I o'd and now at 3 dpo I am having lots of cramping. Just curious to see how many had it and then realized they were pregnant? I have never had this before. But its driving me crazy

Anyways I could soon find myself here in another week or so

Thanks in advance!

Well, I had two IUI's this cycle in one day. That day I had some cramping of course... But I also had a 'fullness' feeling in my uterus for about 3-5 days afterwards. Then I had no symptoms for a few days and got all depressed that it didn't work. Then the other cramping started at 10DPO. Today I'm not having much in the way of symptoms. I didn't mind the cramping too much, so that can come back just to let me know that things are going on in there.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#72 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM

I've been really thirsty too but never knew it was a pregnancy symptom! Well, at least I can say I have that one symptom! I'm starting to get worried because I had stronger symptoms with my miscarriage than I do now.
#73 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyLissa View Post
I've been really thirsty too but never knew it was a pregnancy symptom! Well, at least I can say I have that one symptom! I'm starting to get worried because I had stronger symptoms with my miscarriage than I do now.
They say every pregnancy is different, right? There are so many things going on in our bodies now, who knows what's a pregnancy symptom and what can be attributed to something else? I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry yourself too much. We're all : for each other and sticky babies
Everyone take a 4 (or 4.5) week belly pic if you can--some day our thread will get going!

#74 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 PM

Ya know, I have also been REALLY thirsty. My dh was like man your peeing a lot, I just said I've been drinking a lot of water! hmmmmm.... I even wake in the middle of the night wanting a drink.... Never even thought it could be related???

Monday is test day, it's early but I have short cycles and I just don't think I can wait any longer. I can always retest in a couple days.

Congrats Degas and acp!! :
#75 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 06:22 PM

just got my BFP this morning- my son will be 13 months next week, and I just stopped EPing for him 3 weeks ago! We decided to try at the beginning of this cycle, and I had no idea it would happen so fast. I have a complex medical history, so I am more than a little nervous about this pregnancy. But, for now, I'm here!
#76 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I am also waiting for symptoms to reassure me that everything is going strong. I lost a baby in May and was barely sick during the pregnancy. I know it is still early, but I would love to be throwing up right now!
#77 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Hi! I'm Melissa. I'm pregnant with #2 due April 7th! Does anyone else NOT have any symptoms yet? The only symptom I consistenly have is cramping. I wish I could remember when my symptoms started last time but I could have sworn I at least had sore nipples by this point.
The only symptom I've had is cramping. Except today, I started feeling really nauteous and headachy. Maybe it's the start of the fun.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#78 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 09:05 PM

Today I felt nauseaus until 1pm and I think I have yawned at least 40 times today. I went out and bought an early test that I am going to save for Sunday because I am so anxious. Last night and the night before I had wicked crazy dreams. I had better be pregnant or there is some other random funky thing happening to me that I won't be nearly as happy with.

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

#79 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smocklets View Post
I am also waiting for symptoms to reassure me that everything is going strong. I lost a baby in May and was barely sick during the pregnancy. I know it is still early, but I would love to be throwing up right now!
I know what you mean. Bring on the vomiting!
#80 of 217 Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 PM

I'm waiting for the DDC, too. I think I'm due 04/08.
I haven't had ANY symptoms so far....but I didn't with my DD either, so I'm just hoping it stays this way!!

Melanie
#81 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 AM

Just found out we are expecting #5...due April 10th
#82 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 08:59 AM

Congrats : momofive2b

I'm only at 5dpo today so I still got a few days before I can test, my belly feels very strange this morning, maybe implantation?

I JUST WANNA KNOW!!!!! :
#83 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 09:27 AM

Oh, how exciting...cmoma! It most definetely could be implantation because that is exactly how I felt. I've read back to when you first posted and all of the things you've mentioned seem to point right at pregnancy If this gives you any hope at all...I tested + 9 dpo and had very similar s & s. I noticed that I didn't have my usual mid-cycle or breakthrough ovulatory bleeding either. You should test as soon as 6 or 7 dpo because I have read that you can test that early. Here is the funny part about when I tested...I normally get Early First Response and picked up a 3-pack of Equate at Wally by accident. Now, I don't really know what to think about that because that brand isn't as sensitive. Also, now I am wondering what this could indicate...twins...a girl...or both? I have read that it could be because of the already high hcg levels/hormones surges and such. I am in my early 30s, already have 4 children, and our grandfathers on both sides of our dads' had fraternal twins. Does any of this make sense or hold any truth at all? Thanks for the congrats and I hope that I can say the same to you in a few more days as well!!!
#84 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 10:51 AM

I used the Equate brand tests too and got my + at 11 DPO. I probably could have gotten a + on 10 DPO with how visibile the line was. Peeonastick.com says that the Equate brand is actually pretty sensitive- 25 mIU-if that makes you feel any better!

So I must say I was pretty disappointed when I got on this morning and we STILL don't have a DDC!! I thought for sure they were just waiting for the end of July to move out last year's April group. Boo!
#85 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 11:00 AM

momofive2b: I was thinking the same thing about testing at 7 dpo only because my cycles are short 24-26 days and if I wait till 9 or 10 dpo it would be period time....so I may test Sunday morning which would be 7 dpo then if neg I can always just wait the few extra days for a period. It's funy you mention twins. I have been having twins thoughts since my cramping on 3 dpo. I keep going through the motions in my head how twins having twins would effect us LOL!

I also had a dream two night ago that I had 4 babies, a really big boy who apparently weighed 7 lbs and change and tiny girl who was 6 lbs and change and then two twins who were just born. Oddly enough my oldest a boy weighed 7-9 and my yougest a girl weighed 6 lbs 7.5oz so those babies represented them and then of course the twins ACK!!! who knows

Anyway I'll keep you posted. This was a definite oops for us btw!~
#86 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 11:15 AM

Back to the thirsty thing - I never knew it could be a symptom either, but I have heard that everything is heightened and I know that I am both very hungry and very thirsty all the time. And yeah Kate, all I do is drink and pee. I get up every night in the middle of the night to pee! I didn't before I was in the TWW! I love it though. I love having symptoms!

I get little tiny bouts of feeling nasea (sp?) here and there but not too bad. With my first pregnancy (that I lost ) I didn't throw up at all either, just had some nasea. I definitely started experiencing a new symptom thought last night and this morning - I'm SO emotional! I am a crier to begin with, but now my DH says the littlest thing and I was in tears this morning!! Still feeling minor crampiness and sore bbs. Like I said though and just like I'm sure you all feel - I love having symptoms! It makes it feel more real!

I'll take a 4 week belly pic (tomorrow I am exactly 4 weeks) but it might not be pretty lol It will be much prettier when baby starts growing and making a nice hard round belly!! LOL :

#87 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewithrecipes View Post
I know what you mean. Bring on the vomiting!
I gagged this morning while brushing my teeth. Yippeee!!
#88 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smocklets View Post
I gagged this morning while brushing my teeth. Yippeee!!
Very funny. Still no nausea symptoms for me (and I shall not court nausea, thank you very much!), but I talked to my mom the other day and she said she never had any morning sickness and she carried both my brother and me to term. I've had some late afternoon headaches, which I believe are related to fatigue. Unfortunately, there are times when I should take a nap and I just can't. Stupid WORK. UGH.

I'm also not sleeping great at night. I woke up with a really sore back and neck this morning, possibly because I can't sleep like I used to because my boobs hurt. And I'm more restless because I have to pee all the time. I think the peeing thing is training for the infant thing.

#89 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I think the peeing thing is training for the infant thing.
Nah, peeing is WAY easier than getting up with a baby at night!! lol

So, remember how I was worrying about not having any symptoms? Well, I did a search on a forum I used to post on when I was pregnant with DS and I found a post from when I was 5 weeks talking about how I didn't have sore boobs yet (although I did get them eventually) and didn't feel pregnant at all. So now I can relax and know that this is normal for me! It's crazy how you forget things like that-things that seemd like such a big deal at the time! I'm just hoping that the m/s isn't as bad as I remember it because I sure do remember it being awful!!
#90 of 217 Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
acp

No symptoms here yet either, but that was the same for me last time. I don't think I felt anything until maybe 7 weeks last time, when I had some nausea and lots of tiredness.

Doesn't it seem strange that there's still no DDC set up?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page