Mods: where's april 2009? :) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bext wishes to those of you in the 2WW and those battling nausea. I've found that small, frequent meals work, as well as ginger candy. Generally, if I'm not feeling well, I eat and feel better. I know not everyone is that fortunate, though.

It's been nearly 5 years since I've been this early in a pregnancy (my DS just turned 4 last month), but I don't really think I'm feeling a whole lot different. I'm a little less tired than I remember and a little more crampy. It's still quite early, though. (5 weeks today.)

As far as cramping 4 DPO, it's possible, but I think it is around 7-10 DPO that implantation occurs. However, I KNOW that my breasts were very tender around 5 DPO, more so than "normal PMS" tender.

We're leaning toward not finding out the gender... we did find out with DS.
#122 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I test on the 15th!!! ...If I am pregnant (and I do think I am lol) - then my EDD (so FF says) will be the 22nd April!

I am only 4 DPO...But my boobs are SO sore and now my nipples are really tender. I have some serious lower back pain - like my hips are heavy and are hanging on by a string! lol...And slight cramping. Is that normal? I quickly scanned up above and notices cramping mentioned. Would I have cramping this early on?

Nothing was right for predicting the sex of my son - everything said I was going to have a girl! I even had dreams of having a girl! lol...Everything says the same this time around - girl. I secretly hope for another boy lol

Yesterday my son told me I have a baby sister in my tummy and today he came up to me and sat with me on the sofa and was shining his torch light on my tummy and said 'you have a baby in there' lol...Perhaps he is right? lol

In my sig - I have a blog to track my journey - even if this month isnt for me
I had cramping that early...I just thought it was af gearing up.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#123 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 PM

I just got a BFP a couple of days ago -- it was a surprise, but DP and I are thrilled. We were waiting to start TTC until January, but I guess the universe had plans for us! : This is #2 for me and #1 for him. My cycles are irregular, so I'm not sure exactly how far along I am.

So far, I'm feeling ok -- some cramping and very sore breasts. My cervix also seems tender; is anybody else having that?

I can't wait for our DDC!
#124 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 03:34 PM

So, my symptoms are in full swing now.

I am tired, I have to pee constantly, waves of nasuea, stuffy nose..

And, I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

I am so happy to be pregnant, I don't care.

But... I am six weeks today, and I already feel HUGE! What's with that?

Oh, and we aren't planning on finding out the gender. We are planning a UC.

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#125 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 04:07 PM

Symptoms going away?

I am 5w2d and it seems as though my sxs are going away. The week I found out I was tired, headachy, icky feeling, crampy, swollen bbs. Now it seems that I am crampy like before, less emotional, and a little tired and that is all. I know it sounds crazy, but I really would love to feel awful right about now.

Anyone else have this happen to them and everything was fine? I mean, I gues I will know soon enough...may go in for hcg tests tomorrow.

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family
#126 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 04:54 PM

I wouldnt necessarily worry about no symptoms or your symptoms going away.
I had NO symptoms what so ever with my DS. I sure wasnt worried about it hehe...very thankful actually! hehe

I wanted to add that this will be our second and we are planning an HBAC...and I am also not finding out the sex though we already have names for whichever sex we have! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#127 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 05:27 PM

We will definitely find out the gender. We don't do surprises around here.

What else- I am on the verge of puking 24/7. I am stunned, as I'm only 4w2d pg! My last pregnancy started out as twins, so that's a real possibility.

We will have this baby at whichever hospital in town (we just moved here 6 months ago) has the highest-level NICU. Very high chance of another preemie, just hoping this one stays in longer.

I'm sure I'm an outlier on MDC, but I can't even consider a midwife-assisted pregnancy/birth (much less a homebirth) because we have so many risk factors. The only thing that I may do differently is (depending on gestational age) avoiding an epidural until the last possible moment. I have spinal problems that make it impossible to penetrate on one side of my body, so it's not like it made things blissful for me or anything.
#128 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I test on the 15th!!! ...If I am pregnant (and I do think I am lol) - then my EDD (so FF says) will be the 22nd April!
Ann! I am so hoping this is your month and we'll be in the DDC together!! :

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#129 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM

I just figured out a cure for my painful bloating so thought I'd share in case anyone else is in the same boat already. I mean painful, my-belly-is-going-to-explode bloating for hours after eating. I'm borderline lactose intolerant to begin with, so dairy isn't always very nice to my body but being pregnant severely inflames the condition for me. Apparently, your digestive tract slows down a-l-o-t very early on so it's not unusual for pre-existing eating issues to become inflamed.

Two days of no milk and I'm feeling worlds better. Still getting some uncomfortable bloating after eating stuff like cream cheese or sour cream, but nowhere near as bad as when I was eating a bowl of cereal with milk every morning. Apparently other really common triggers are gasey foods and artificial sweeteners. Hope this helps anyone else feeling the same thing
#130 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 08:13 PM

I'm having issues with frequent urination as well. I was up 2x two nights ago and once last night.

I'll be giving birth in a hospital. Last time I had a natural birth, hoping to this time as well.

ATM, I feel bloated like I ate too much (probably) did, but other than that, "normal." I, fortunately, was hardly sick with DS and hope I am just as blessed this time as well.

My first prenatal visit is Sept. 2... totally looking forward to that day.
#131 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Okay, I know my future DC is like the size of a pea, but I am starving all the time and my appetite is out of control. For the most part, I've been eating really balanced healthy meals. But today, about an hour and a half after dinner I made DH drive through Taco Bell because I was hungry again and it just sounded so good. It was so good. I ate like I had never seen food before, and when I was done I wanted more.

#132 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 11:38 PM

I've had some hungry days myself...it's not all the time, just every once in awhile.

Does anyone else get the cramps worse when you're over-tired? I haven't had much in the last few days, then last night after doing way too much work during the day I was totally exhausted and they were much stronger...?

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#133 of 217 Old 08-03-2008, 11:58 PM

How'd I miss this thread? I have been looking for the April DDC for the last week!
I found out last Monday (10 dpo) that we are pg with our 3rd! So far not much for symptoms- little nausea, insane hunger, crampiness, and lots of CM.
Also, my stomach is huge already- is anyone else on there 2nd or more pg and notice that they are much bigger than last time? I swear, last time I barely showed until like 3 months along- I am already looking like I am 3 months along and I can't fit in some of my pants. What's up with that?

Also, anyone else nursing a toddler during this pregnancy?

Can't wait to get to know you all!
#134 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 12:23 AM

I was starting to gain weight and get a belly before the pregnancy, now I have something to blame it on.

Our babies are the size of sesame seeds
#135 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 AM

We're finding out the sex also. I can't take the suspense!! I want to know now!! lol DH has been teasing me lately and saying he wants it to be a surprise but I don't think he would actually do that to me!
I have no idea where I'm going to give birth yet. I would love love love a homebirth or even a birth center birth but DS was a 36 weeker so if I happen to have another early baby all those plans would go out the window and I would be back at the hospital. Sooo, I don't know what to do. I'm really not excited about going to the hospital again but luckily I live in a really great area for midwives and have two CNMs on my list that come highly recommended and I know they will both give me a great birth in the hospital---it's post partum and dealing with nasty nurses and stupid policies that scares me about being at a hospital again. I lived in a different state with DS so I'm starting completely from scratch with providers, hospitals, etc. to choose from. Luckily I worked for a short time with a very busy doula and got to know the local hospitals really well. Unfortunately, the hospital that my two possible CNMs deliver at I never attended a birth at!
#136 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post
Me! Me! Me! Actually I'm nursing my little two year old and also my little four year old. I say "little" because they still seem so little to me (and they also only weigh 20 lbs and 25 lbs too). I have tiny babies and tiny kids though.

And I'm definitely feeling some nausea during nursing and from past experience (I'm a seasoned tandem nurser) it only gets worse from here on out. *sigh*

Happy to meet you!
#137 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 12:57 AM

I am nursing my 4yo ds, but he's down to once a week now, so I don't think we'll be nursing much longer. But I LLLLoved tandem nursing my first and second, then my second and third(this will be #4 for us) If you can handle nursing through pregnancy, tandem nursing makes it so much easier to keep the toddler happy while you nurse the baby. My older kids remember nursing together and talk about it still.
#138 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleWisconsin View Post
I was starting to gain weight and get a belly before the pregnancy, now I have something to blame it on.

Our babies are the size of sesame seeds
My mother-in-law said it that bloating occurs in early pregnancy beacuse of the hormones- I assume that that is why I have a little pooch- probably similair to pms bloating. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I only weigh about 100 pounds so any bloating is alot of bloating for me . :

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraphappy-Red View Post
Me! Me! Me! Actually I'm nursing my little two year old and also my little four year old. I say "little" because they still seem so little to me (and they also only weigh 20 lbs and 25 lbs too). I have tiny babies and tiny kids though.

And I'm definitely feeling some nausea during nursing and from past experience (I'm a seasoned tandem nurser) it only gets worse from here on out. *sigh*

Happy to meet you!
That is so awesome! Good for you- I am hoping that this goes smoothly. I havent' noticed a dip in supply or anything yet so I keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smocklets View Post
I am nursing my 4yo ds, but he's down to once a week now, so I don't think we'll be nursing much longer. But I LLLLoved tandem nursing my first and second, then my second and third(this will be #4 for us) If you can handle nursing through pregnancy, tandem nursing makes it so much easier to keep the toddler happy while you nurse the baby. My older kids remember nursing together and talk about it still.
Very cool!
#139 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
We are going to find out the gender. I used to think that I would definitely want to wait and be surprised, but now I know that with at least this first one we are going to want to find out as soon as possible!!

Is anyone else here pregnant again after a miscarriage? I'd love to have someone to share that anxiety with.

Michelle

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#140 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Is anyone else here pregnant again after a miscarriage? I'd love to have someone to share that anxiety with.

Michelle
I lost a baby at 10 weeks on May 3rd. I am excited yet very nervous to be pregnant again. Makes it hard to enjoy the pregnancy, I just want a healthy baby in my arms now.
#141 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yes I know what you mean. I'm trying my hardest to be relaxed with this one and I keep telling myself (which helps a lot) that it is out of my hands already. I can only take care of myself and the rest is up to God. I just have to keep having positive thoughts and patience!

I had a missed miscarriage so I never got to see the heartbeat. How about you?

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#142 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM

My symptoms have seemed to lessen I know I should not take stock in this, but at the same time feeling "off" was comforting!

I can't wait until next Monday and I have my ultrasound.

Has anyone purchased anything for baby yet? I got a few onesies, sleepers, and an outfit
#143 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bebe View Post

Has anyone purchased anything for baby yet? I got a few onesies, sleepers, and an outfit
I dont know if I am even actually pregnant yet...but this baby already has a wardrobe for fittings up to the 3-6m mark lol...Im terrible I know!!!

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#144 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 11:40 AM

My symptoms have lightened up a little too and I have yet to get a bfp. My bbs are only slightly sore, metal mouth is gone, and I wasn't nauseated the second I woke up. I do have a cold now so that could be overshadowing things. I am having round ligament cramping still and when dh and I dtd last night I cramped really bad for 5 minutes. I just wish the stupid pee stick would confirm, I think I have taken 5 already. AF should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

#145 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 11:42 AM

i miscarried last time- twins at 16 weeks. that was the worst thing i have ever gone through and so i am also very nervous this time around. here's a prayer that all our babies will be born healthy at term.
i just called and made an appt to go in to the doc today. i had planned to wait a while but experienced some pretty severe cramping yesterday which has me worried.
where, oh where is our DDC????
i hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Mama to 3 boys 

#146 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 AM

No miscarriages here, that I know of, as they say that many of us do but don't know since most of the time it's before their AF is due. I am so sorry and hope that you can set aside your anxiety and try to enjoy this pregnancy, especially once you reach 12 weeks. It is a common fear, but must be particularly hard being farther along.

I wonder where cmoma is...Where are you and how are you doing? I've been thinking about you and hope that you have something to share with us If this isn't your month though, maybe it will be soon or sometime after that...

Okay, so the intense hunger and thirst has kicked in. I haven't felt this way since I was nursing...all shakey and dizzy. The frequent urination is there, but I am used to that with getting up for some reason or another in the last 10+ years.

Well, the nausea and really hot is slowly coming on now. I pray that the vomiting and migraines stay away. Those are both debilitating and stressful on the rest of the family. Thank goodness it is short-lived and my DH is supportive to get through it. The older 2 children are helpful as well.

Anyone have baby names picked out yet and/or sharing? We have only one boys' name and narrowed it down to 2 girls' names. We like to include a name from the family, so that we can pass along some history on both sides. I must say that there aren't many decent names left to choose from though.

I pretty much have all that I need for baby #5. All I really need to still get are a few new things that have come out that would be nice to have, along with gender-specific clothing. I have all that I need for a boy, with 3 in a row, but I'd need to start all over for a girl. My DD is 10 and is the first born.

Congratulations to all of us...welcome new mommies...baby dust to the rest of you!!!
#147 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I keep telling myself (which helps a lot) that it is out of my hands already. I can only take care of myself and the rest is up to God. I just have to keep having positive thoughts and patience!
Thanks, this does help. I also did not see a hearbeat with my last m/c. I felt that something was wrong because I had a terrible bout of the flu at 5-6 wks, and then my symptoms went away. When I was 10 wks I started bleeding and then delivered my very tiny baby. So I've become more germophobic this time, and glad that its not flu season.
#148 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post
How'd I miss this thread? I have been looking for the April DDC for the last week!
I found out last Monday (10 dpo) that we are pg with our 3rd! So far not much for symptoms- little nausea, insane hunger, crampiness, and lots of CM.
Also, my stomach is huge already- is anyone else on there 2nd or more pg and notice that they are much bigger than last time? I swear, last time I barely showed until like 3 months along- I am already looking like I am 3 months along and I can't fit in some of my pants. What's up with that?

Can't wait to get to know you all!
I'm nursing my 20mo DS. It hasn't been too bad so far. I'm a little tender, but it's bearable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyLissa View Post
We're finding out the sex also. I can't take the suspense!! I want to know now!! lol DH has been teasing me lately and saying he wants it to be a surprise but I don't think he would actually do that to me!
I have no idea where I'm going to give birth yet. I would love love love a homebirth or even a birth center birth but DS was a 36 weeker so if I happen to have another early baby all those plans would go out the window and I would be back at the hospital. Sooo, I don't know what to do. I'm really not excited about going to the hospital again but luckily I live in a really great area for midwives and have two CNMs on my list that come highly recommended and I know they will both give me a great birth in the hospital---it's post partum and dealing with nasty nurses and stupid policies that scares me about being at a hospital again. I lived in a different state with DS so I'm starting completely from scratch with providers, hospitals, etc. to choose from. Luckily I worked for a short time with a very busy doula and got to know the local hospitals really well. Unfortunately, the hospital that my two possible CNMs deliver at I never attended a birth at!
You're very luck to have all those options. I live in MO, and our options are so sucky. I still get to have a HB this time, which is exciting, but up until a month ago, it was illegal.
Quote:
My symptoms have seemed to lessen I know I should not take stock in this, but at the same time feeling "off" was comforting!

I can't wait until next Monday and I have my ultrasound.

Hmmm...my symptoms have def tapered of the last two days. I'm getting nervous. I just feel like a miscarriage is inevitable. I shouldn't worry myself, right.

#149 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 12:33 PM

Katie,
My symptoms would come and go with all three of my pregnancies in the beginning. Don't worry. *hugs*
#150 of 217 Old 08-04-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I have a (large) drawer full of baby clothes. Just cool stuff I've picked up at thrift stores over the last year or so. I've got a mix of boy, girl and unisex. I figure whichever we end up having, I'll pass the other gender-specific stuff on to someone else. I've also got two nephews' and one niece-worth of hand-me-downs coming!

katiedidbug--Please don't loose hope, dear. I think many of us have coming-and-going symptoms. Hang in there.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page