Introductions! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm dipping my toe in, and hoping for a sticky baby so I get to know you all better...

I just found out this morning that I'm expecting baby #6. We'd been TTC for a few months, but I've had some medical issues (high BP, and had gallbladder surgery in June) that forced us to put it on the back burner for a while. I'm very excited, and still a little in shock, too!

I'm 36, have been married for 11 yrs. to my wonderful DH, we HS part-time (alternative curriculum) and are generally quite crunchy, as you can tell by my sig. Although the logical part of me knows we need to wait to tell the kids, I am bursting with the news, b/c I know they will be sooooo excited; they've been begging me for another sibling for months now, lol. We are going to need a bigger vehicle, though -- we've totally filled up our minivan.

I have had a great variety of pg and birth experiences, some good, many not, although the end result (my kiddos) has been completely fabulous. My first two children were preemies (33- and 31-wkrs.) due to severe pre-eclampsia/eclampsia. My second two children, on the other hand, were full-term, born with midwives in the hospital and very minimal interventions. My fifth baby, who is now 2, was to be a planned home waterbirth, but she went into distress at 35 wks. (stopped moving completely in utero, very scary), and I ended up with an emergency c-section. Then, hours after birth, she was diagnosed with Down Syndrome, and thus began our initiation into the world of a child with SN. So, whew, lol! It's all been quite the ride!

So the long and short of it is that while my natural inclinations are to have as little medical interference with pg as possible, my reality necessitates that I have, at the very least, dual care (OB/HB MW) and quite a bit more monitoring. I am quite fortunate to have found an extremely HB-friendly OB -- he would even support me trying for a HBAC -- but my wonderful MW from Sophie is no longer practicing, and I am concerned that I won't find another true gem who is willing to look past my checkered medical hx to help me have as non-intervention-filled a birth experience as possible. Frankly, most HB MWs don't like to touch clients like me with a ten-foot pole. So I don't know yet what I'll be doing; if I decide to just give up on the HB idea, I will definitely be hiring a doula for my hospital birth. Or perhaps I can find a MW who would agree to be my doula, and if all goes smoothly, stay home when the time comes, after all. I've got a lot more pg to get through before then, though!

I've had both a sweet little neice and nephew born in the past six weeks, and I'll tell you, holding a sweet, squishy newborn REALLY brought home to me how much I wanted another little one of my own. And strange as it may sound, I can't wait to BF again -- my 2 yo, unfortunately, weaned the earliest of any of my babies (13 mos.) and her older sister weaned at 3 1/2 yrs. back in Jan.

Then again, I've spent the past few weeks helping out my SIL with severe thrush issues (ouch!), so maybe I shouldn't be so keen after all, lol!

Hoping all goes well for all of us and that I get to know you all more over the coming months...

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM

Hi all!

I'm Nicole, married to Eric for 11 years this month.
We have three boys: Holden who's 11, Ethan who's 6 and Casper who will be 5 this Friday (8/8)
I'm fully expecting that this little one will be a boy too.
EBD is April 12, 2009
We'll be having a homebirth again, Casper was also born at home.
No routine ultrasounds, testing etc.

Mama to three wonderful boys and a fabulous baby girl.
My heartfelt thanks to all those that have donated milk to others; you are amazing
#33 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
-mom to Erin who was born on 8/16/06 (same month as scraphappy-Red's Madeleine!)
HA! Madeleine was born on 8/17/06 at 1am. What time was your Erin born?
#34 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 05:02 PM

Hi.

I'm Bri
-Wife to Ryan for 2 years
-Mom to Kimari (17 months)
-I'm still nursing
-My EDD is April 20

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#35 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm Michelle and I'm 28. I have been married (legally) for almost 7 months. DH is in the Coast Guard for another year and a half. Our "big" wedding is actually this Saturday!!!!! No champagne toast for me but I am totally ok with that This is our second pregnancy (we lost the first one) and we are VERY excited and only slightly nervous. I work full time as an admin. I found this website randomly and don't know if its intended more for people who have hbs, ucs or the use of a midwife, but I will be sticking with a hospital birth as I really like my OB and the hospital is practically across the street. I do plan on trying to have this baby naturally and am pretty confident that I can do that! I hope its ok to belong to this forum with that being my decision, but I think that it is (this forum seems very welcoming to all). I'm just excited to have a bunch of online pregnant friends who I can share this experience with (actually this website has been completely distracting me from my work since last week - oops!!).

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Michelle

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#36 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 05:39 PM

I'm Melissa. DH and I have been married for 4 1/2 years and we have an almost 17 month old son. I was really hoping to have a homebirth this time around but DS was a 36 weeker and my gut feeling is telling me go to the hospital again this time. Boo! I'm due April 7th and want a little girl so bad!! And yes I will be finding out! If it's another boy I will need some time to process the "loss" of my little girl! lol
#37 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 05:45 PM

Oh.. we had to hardest time in IL with the vaccine exemption. It isn't as easy as just claiming religious exemption.. you have to write a letter which includes certain words, etc.

When I submitted our vaccine exempt here in IL we had to turn it in four different times before it was "right" and we got the laws off the internet and thought we had followed them. I actually had to contact a ACLU lawyer because the lady was giving us such a problem. It was rediculas. In Virginia we just signed a paper.

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#38 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM

I'm a homebirth midwife and I'm due April 5th with my 3rd babe. I will be blessed to have a sister midwife attend my homebirth.

Because I haven't told my clients yet, I'm going to keep my identifying details private for now. After I let all my clients know, I'll out myself a bit more here. I hate having to keep these things secret, but it's the internet.... and I just am not ready for clients to find out yet.
#39 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 PM

Hi! I am Lydia and I am due 4/10!

-Married to DH for almost 6 years
-have 3 sweet kiddos (DS '03, DD '05, DD2 '07)
-starting to homeschool/unschool this fall
-doula, though the mama I have now will be my last for awhile...family first.

I think that is it! Getting excited to know you all!

ETA: Anyone else SUPER sick? My poor DC, they are being so neglected! If I move...I puke. I get about a 1 hour grace period in the afternoon, otherwise, sick sick sick!
#40 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 11:43 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm Erin (27). I've been married for 3 1/2 years and have a 21 month old DD who still nurses. I'm due 4/14 after having a m/c on 7/2 (Rachael was conceived right after a m/c, too).

I plan on having a homebirth and am in the process of finding a midwife. I had a horrible hospital birth with DD. We aren't finding out the gender, and want to go as medical-free as possible, although I wouldn't object to an u/s.

I plan on tandem nursing.

Right now we live in a 1-bedroom apartment, but we'll hopefully have a house before this baby is born. It will be cutting it close though.

I've been having some m/s, I didn't get it with DD until 7 weeks. I'm trying to follow the Brewer Diet.

I can't wait to get to know all of you better!

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#41 of 52 Old 08-07-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I found this website randomly and don't know if its intended more for people who have hbs, ucs or the use of a midwife, but I will be sticking with a hospital birth as I really like my OB and the hospital is practically across the street. I do plan on trying to have this baby naturally and am pretty confident that I can do that! I hope its ok to belong to this forum with that being my decision, but I think that it is (this forum seems very welcoming to all). I'm just excited to have a bunch of online pregnant friends who I can share this experience with (actually this website has been completely distracting me from my work since last week - oops!!).
Watch it, crunchiness can be contagious!

I'm Melanie, 29 years old and recently moved home to British Columbia after an adventure of grad school in Oregon for my husband for two years. I swore I would not get pregnant until safely back in BC with awesome maternity leave and midwifery coverage...though I wasn't planning on cutting things this close! I'm due April 10th and still processing a little.

I work as a public health nurse for 0-5 year olds, and my husband just got a new job on Friday (so glad we found out about the job first and pregnancy second!) as a creative writing professor. He's also a freelance writer and currently a stay-at-home dad to our 2 1/2 year old daughter.

I'm still breastfeeding my daughter, though suspect she will wean during the pregnancy. I'm planning another homebirth, and just called and booked my first prenatal appointment with a midwife for September (with the recent move and new job I'm in a waiting period/paper trail for medical stuff right now).

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, and to sharing a due date club with *Amy* again :

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#42 of 52 Old 08-07-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I'm due April 10th . . . I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you, and to sharing a due date club with *Amy* again :
Mel, I am so happy about this! My due date is either the 10th or 11th depending on which DD calculator you use - so our babes could potentially be very close this time!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#43 of 52 Old 08-07-2008, 09:50 AM

Welcome, Mel! I would recommend taking Bradley birthing classes.

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#44 of 52 Old 08-07-2008, 11:07 PM

I'm another Michelle, 32 yo (will be 33 in less than a month)
-Married to DH for 4 years....DH is in the Ait Force, and I am a SAHM currently.
-I have a beautiful boy who will turn 1 on August 20th
--My due date is 4/20 based on ovulation, but 4/13 based on LMP
-Got pregnant the first cycle we TTC but I am freaking out now. We just moved from a base in Europe back to the US and all my things are in boxes still.
-I had hoped to tandem nurse, but DS went on a nursing strike almost 4 weeks ago due to the move/travel and a double ear infection, and the day before my BFP my milk dried
-I will be having a scheduled c-section due to DS's emergency c-section last year. He nearly died and wasn't cut out in a way that allows a VBAC.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#45 of 52 Old 08-08-2008, 12:20 AM

I'm Alicia (30), married to Jeff for 8 years, together 13 years (since highschool). We have a dd 26 months who is still nursing and co-sleeping, and I'm not sure how I plan to deal with that during the pregnancy. I think I'll probably try to night-wean her at least.

I am often the most AP in a crowd so I came to check out these boards, but around here I may be one of the least! I will likely have another hospital birth, though I will consider the birth center this time. We will also find out the gender as soon as we can.

We TTC'd for #1 for 2 years, so we were quite surprised to get pregnant after only 4 cycles this time! According to my chart, my EDD is 4/16.

-Alicia
tandem nursing mommy to Cadence (5/19/06) and Tessa (4/25/09)
My blog: LactationNarration.com
#46 of 52 Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 AM

I'm Chrisi (almost 34). I've been married for almost then years and we have 21 month old ds. I still can't believe I'm pregnant again. It's soo exciting!!! I'm SAHM, nursing, cosleeping.
I want a homebirth this time around and I'm excited about that possibility. Not sure about tandem nursing at this point - how do you do it at night? DS is a night time nurser and I'm coming to a point where I'm ready for him to night - wean, but have no idea how to do it...
My due date according to my calculations is 4/18 - one day before my dh's birhtday!!!
Happy to be here and all the best to all of you!!!

SAHM to DS (11/2006) and DD (11/2012) 

#47 of 52 Old 08-14-2008, 09:26 AM

Hi there! I just got my this morning. So excited to join you (although I may join the May DDC as well) I am April! I have been with my DH for 9 years and married for 4. We have a 2 yr old DS and are pretty exxcited about an addition!

I will be attempting a HBAC. It is my only option here since all the local hospitals have banned VBAC. I am happy about that because I have been thinking about HB since my DS was born. Oh and my due date is April 27th (a week after my own birthday!!)

:

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#48 of 52 Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 AM

hello everybody. i'm another Michele, but with one "L" (shut up alicia LOL)

i've got two kiddos - my son Rowan turned 5 in March and my daughter Ava will turn 3 in December. This new little one was quite unexpected, but seems to just be destined to be. For lots of reasons. Dh and I both feel that the baby is a girl, mostly beacuse about 2 years ago we were hanging out at my IL's house (in different rooms) and both had the same bizarre thought at the same time - "WE HAVE ANOTHER DAUGHTER OUT THERE SOMEWHERE!!" we both walked toward each other out of the blue and were like "woah. did you just feel that?? yeah. weird."

and then all of the signs that told us that the baby's name is Riley (i already posted about that i think)...so in a weird way, both of us feel pretty much out of control w/this pregnancy but in a very good, soothing way. like we're just along for the ride - this little soul has got something really important to do here on earth, it seems.

anyway...i'm a PhD student in the final stages of dissertation writing. i hope to defend in November and be an official Dr.(!!!) of human development/education policy.

and then i'll probably spend the next 5 years of my life knitting finger puppets and making arts and crafts stuff with my kiddos instead of doing social science research or finding a job in academia. LOL alas...i am just learning that i have to follow my bliss. and right now, my kids are my bliss. mostly. HAHA

what else...oh we have a dog too. an enormous yorkie named napoleon.

oh and dave (dh) is a director of software development at a local consulting company. the hardest worker i know, but also the most supportive and loving and HELPFUL partner imagineable. we've been together since high school (i was 14, he was 17) - so that's around 18 years. we've been married for 9 years. i feel insta-old. LOL but i'm only 32!!

i think that's it.
#49 of 52 Old 08-14-2008, 01:23 PM

Hi! I'm Melinda, 29, married to DH for 8 years as of last Monday!

We have 2 wonderful kids, My dd will be 6 in Oct. and ds is 3.5.

Have had two early (6 week) m/c, one between my kids and then one last month on 7/4 and got pregnant immediately after. I am guessing my due date is 4/10 if I use my m/c as my lmp. And, I'm praying this one sticks!

I'm looking for a midwife so I can have this babe at home (small town and the choices are slim). I've had 2 vag, pain drug free hospital births, so I really want a homebirth this time.

I want to be surprised on gender this time around--dh isn't too sure, but he got his way twice so it is my turn

I am excited to have a new little one to wear and to bf and to sleep with! And to obsess over buying cloth diapers for...

Happy and healthy pregnancy to you all! I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#50 of 52 Old 08-14-2008, 02:20 PM

Hello there! This is my very first post on this forum, so we'll see how it goes! Let me know if I'm doing it alright...
I am Selina, Momma to 3 munchkins and one-on-the-way baby. Mychildren are Girl6, Boy3, Boy1, and I'm due around April 18th! We struggled with infertility for over two years before conceiving our first blessing, so it is always such a shock/suprise/blessing when we conceive quickly. We don't practice birth control, but have always "tried" for each baby. This one only took 2 months! Praise the Lord!
I am SAHM, and homeschool my oldest (she started first grade this year). I am also still bf my 19 month old. I don't plan on tandem nursing this time, but we'll see what happens!
My husband is working and preparing for the ministry. We feel the Lord leading us into missions!
I still can't believe I'm pregnant again!! I'm SO excited and thrilled at the thought of another little one!
Selina, who doesn't have a clue how to get one of those cute signatures!
Helpmeet to Brent for 10 years
Momma to Eliana, Nathaniel, Noah, and one keeping warm until April....
#51 of 52 Old 08-14-2008, 03:01 PM

I've enjoyed all the introductions.

I'm due 4/3 so just a week after my 30th birthday. I was so dreading this birthday, but now I have a wonderful distraction. I've been married to Shannon for almost 6 years. Our son Colin will be a month shy of his 5th birthday when this bean arrives.

I work full time although I'm hoping to work from home or pt for a year following 3 months off. Colin is in a Montessori preschool & getting occupation therapy for a sensory disorder. We still bf and cosleep. He's an amazing kid that wants a baby brother more then anything right now. I can't not wait to watch him with his sibling.

During my last pg I had placenta previa through week 34. I was induced (for no good reason) and had a very rough delivery. I plan to be much more in control of this delivery. Right now the plan is a CNM in the hospital w/ as few interventions as possible. I really want to experience this delivery fully.
#52 of 52 Old 08-14-2008, 07:16 PM
jkg

Hi mamas!

I'm Jennifer, mama to 2 crazy little boys, expecting my third baby sometime around April 22 or so...I may have an Earth Day baby! : I'm cautiously joining our DDC right now because i'm still kind of in shock about being pregnant. A few weeks ago I was convinced, then I was convinced that I wasn't , and now I've tested 4 times and it's been positive! :
I'm really looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you. My first son had a nice long but uncomplicated hospital birth, my second was an emergency c-section, and that really shook me up. I'm hoping to use a local birth center this time (The Birth Place in Taylor, MI) and am really hoping and praying for a VBAC!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page