Introductions! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally!!! :

I'm Michelle...
-Married to DS for eight years (met in college)
-Mom to three great kids
-Getting ready to 'really' start homeschooling this fall...but am mostly an unschooler
-Due around 4/4 but I ovulated late so I think it will be closer to 4/10
-Wanted to get pg, but now that I actually am...I keep thinking...ahhh "What was I thinking? Am I crazy????"
-Currently searching for a midwife...send good vibes.

I can't wait to read everyone's intro's!!!
#2 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 01:56 PM

Hi,

I'm Michelle also
I've been married for 10 years to the best hubby ever
I have a 4 and 2 year and this 3rd baby was a surprise : Due 4/9
I am also a homeschooling mama, mostly Montessori and Charlotte Mason.
I have my own home daycare and I am not quite sure how that will work out during the pregnancy and afterward but we'll see.
I was blessed to have a HBAC last time and I am planning another homebirth I already have my midwife picked, I just need to tell her.

Can't wait to get to know all of you and congratulations!

Michelle : wife to wonderful hubby mama to Jude (10/03) Annika (4/06)
Zane (3/09): : : :
#3 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 01:58 PM

I am Lisa.

I have two great kiddos who are seven and five and I have been a gestational surrogate to twins twice. This is OUR baby and will (really!) be my last pregnancy. As much as I love being pregnant, this will be the seventh child to pass through my womb in seven years, so I am trying to savor every moment of this last time. That being said, we are very excited to be planning a homebirth : after my twin VBAC in February. We're not finding out the sex or getting any ultrasounds at all. Anyone else going as non-medical as possible?

We homeschool our kids (although my DD wants to try Kindergarten desperately, so I suppose I will let her start this year) and I work (mostly from home) as a real estate agent. I am also a doula, but not practicing a ton right now. I've been married to my husband, who is active duty Marine Corps, for almost nine years and he is (sadly) getting ready to deploy for 12+ months a few months before the baby is due. I am hoping that he will be able to webcam for the birth and if he can, we have already said that we would like for him to find out the sex first and then tell me. I don't know how practical that is, but it's worth a try.

According to fertility friend, I am due April 5th. And now I have talked too much. LOL!

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#4 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:07 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm Katherine. DH and I have been married for a year and (almost) a half. We've been together for five and a half years, and friends since 1998 (met at camp in middle school).

We're THRILLED to be expecting our first. I can't wait to be an AP mama!

Lisa, we're planning a homebirth and trying to do this as un-medically as possible. We'll see how all of that goes, this being our first go-around and me learning to stand up for myself.

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#5 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:12 PM

I'm Melanie
-Married to DH, Mario since Dec '07
-We have a DD, Emily, born May '07
-I live in New Brunswick, Canada
-I'm a SAHM, was working on my BSc in animal science before DD #1, will finish it one day
-I'm a country girl who is learning to do as much as I can on my own (produce and preserve much of our own food, make clothes and diapers, etc.)
-I will hopefully homeschool when my DC are older (DH doesn't want to though, but I'm working on him!)
-Will be having a hospital birth (because of blood clotting disorder), with an OB (because there are no midwives in NB yet). I would love a homebirth with a midwife though, but I'll just dream about it!

Ok, that's all for now (wow, that was a lot of brackets!)

Melanie
#6 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:16 PM

Hello!
I am Gen, married for 10 years. We have three kids- 9yo dd, 7yo ds and 4yo ds. We also homeschool and we love Charlotte Mason!
#7 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Hi I am Iana.

I have been married to DH for a year! Our anniversary is Aug. 30. We were engaged for 3.5 years before we got married.

We have one DD who will be 2 on Aug. 21st. I cannot believe my baby is going to be two in a few weeks .

If AF doesn't show up tomorrow, this baby will be due April 16th. It was a surprise pregnancy but we were planning on being pregnant this year. I had just hoped to be down to my goal weight before we got pregnant. It's ok though because I am 35lbs lighter then when I got pregnant with DD!

I am a doula and student midwife. Things have been slow though, I have one client a month now. Just had a little boy born last night!

DD was a natural birth in the hospital with a midwife and doula, great birth only 7.5 hours. I am hoping that the next one will be a home waterbirth. Considering a UC but I want my doula there so I may just have my midwife attend because I just love these women. I am also trying to go as un-medical as possible, no tests or ultrasounds so this baby will be a surprise. I hope its another girl, everything we own is pink but we will take whatever God gives us!

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

#8 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Hi mamas (and mamas to be)!
I'm Michelle. Dp is Matt. We have been together 2 years (tho we were friends growing up and have known each other 15+ years) and will be getting married eventually, lol. We are thinking maybe Christmas eve. I have 1 ds who is 6.5 yo, about to start 1st grade. this will be Matt's 1st baby, altho he is already a dad; he has helped me so much w ds and calls him his son. (DS biological father has no contact w ds).
I work from home pt and will be going back to school full time starting in 2 weeks.
I have always been very ap with ds, who naturally weaned around age 4. Am going to need some help converting dp to the ap mindset- hoping he'll sign up here and learn some stuff before this babe is born. As it stands now he is very opposed to late nursing and cosleeping and has said some things about me and ds being a little too attached. He is a really great guy tho and certainly wants the best for his babe, so I am going to assume he will come around.
We lost twins at 16 weeks in december, and this was the hardest thing i have ever been through, so i am pretty nervous this time around. looking forward to our ultrasound next week. i must admit i am really hoping to see only one baby this time.
Hope everyone has a great day today and i hope to get to know you all well.

Mama to 3 boys 

#9 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM

- Second baby, fourth pregnancy (two early miscarriages).
- Married for 7 years
- Wanted to get pregnant but also wanted to wait a few months, but this is a welcome surprise
- Work full time, but will probably SAH when baby is born
- Deciding on midwife

I'm going non-medical, and no interventions as much as possible. I would love to UC, but I'm not quite there yet as far as being comfortable with it. I would *love* to have a homebirth with a midwife just be in the other room though and let me do my thing though. My last birth was totally over medically managed and a lot of interventions.

My husband is a little freaked out about everything - to him a hospital birth is "normal," since he has never met anyone who has had a homebirth. But he's learning about it and accepting that it is what I need. I've got to get him to watch the Business of Being Born!
#10 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Hello to all my fellow DDC members

I'm Sharon. Married for (gulp) 11 years to my High School Sweetheart.

We have one son who just turned 5 in June. He has been pleading for a sibling for over a year now:

Live in Toronto, Ontario. I work full time as a Marketing Manager, but may decide to stay home and be a full time SAHM when my maternity ends.

I had a very large fibroid whilst pregnant with my son. Because of that I had a few extra ultrasounds. Will absolutely find out the sex of this baby when I get my ultrasound. Although I've been having dreams of a little girl (with my son, I kept dreaming about a little boy). Who knows?

this was kind of an "opps" baby. I was on the fence for so long about adding another child to our family. My dh wanted another very soon. But..have to admit I was so hoping that the pregnany test I took would be positive!! Truth be told. I knew waaay before I took a test that I was pregnant. I also knew when I was with my son.
#11 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM

I'm Emily.
Just got married on 7/23 and found out we were expecting on 7/27, talk about timing! I'm due with our first on April 10th and am going 100% unassisted for pregnancy and birth. We lost a baby last year and are both excited to tears to be expecting again. Since we're going UP/UC and first babies in my family and DH's tend to go overdue, we're waiting to tell our families and will probably tell them the baby isn't due until May. I'm sure we'll have enough to keep us worried without everyone else getting us worked up as well. Oh, we also concieved this baby less than a week before our shotgun wedding, so it also gives our families time to digest their new DIL/SIL before dropping the grandbaby bomb on them
#12 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 02:44 PM

Hello ladies!
I'm Aimee, pregnant with my second child and due April 14. DH and I have been married a little over 3 years and have a daughter who will be 2 in September (wow, how time flies!).
We didn't find out the sex with her, but we haven't decided if we want to this time around or not.
We are hoping for a water homebirth with the same midwives who attended my first birth at a freestanding birth center. Now that we have a house instead of a tiny apartment we have space for the tub!
I'm hoping for a boy this time around, but I would be thrilled with another little girl, too.

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

#13 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 03:16 PM

Hi,

I am dex_millie
Married for 4 years (oh gosh, I just remember our Anniversary it was Aug. 1st, I guess we both did forgot, we was on vacation and just got back today, due to a very long delay and an overnight stay in maimi)

I was suppose to get my period down there and I didn't. So I just checked 5 minutes ago and it seems like I am pregnant. DH doesn't even know as yet.

I am not sure what to think. It is 4 months earlier than I was planning too. I wanted to wean DS first around 2, then take out my silver in the teeth and do a gallbladder flush. I guess I will have to wait a next 3 years don't know.

I am feeling so so right now. As I didn't want to wean DS based on milk drying up but I guess that will help huh.

Nursing and being pregnant makes me nervous that it will increase my changes of a miscariage also and that I am losing a lot of vit. and Minerals. Sorry to right a book. I still am trying to make this feel real. I don't feel pregnant. I am not even sure when my EDT should be. I am thinking my last AF was around June 22nd-25th. I was just getting back into NFP but being lazy about it.

So I guess I will be seeing everyone around.
#14 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 03:32 PM

I'm Katie, married to Dh for three years. We have one DS, Atticus, who is 21 mos. We live in MO, and are planning an HB. I'm active in LLL and other AP groups in the area.
I'm a part-time Journalism high school teacher; I do the yearbook and newspaper. I'm hoping that this upcoming school year will be my last, since I'll have two LOs.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#15 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 03:52 PM

I'm Jen

-I'm 29

-married to dh for 9 years

-mom to Erin who was born on 8/16/06 (same month as scraphappy-Red's Madeleine!)

-this is my 3rd pregnancy (we lost our son Owen on 3/22/08 @ almost 23 weeks, see the link in my siggy for the story if you're interested)

-due around 4/9/09 by LMP (dd was born @ 41+3 weeks so I don't pay much attention to my due date! )

-planning another hb (though Owen was born in the hospital w/ an epidural & I have a great OB if I need to go that route)

- can't decide if we'll find out the gender of this babe. We didn't w/ dd & it was just the best surprise ever! We did w/ ds, who we lost, & that was actually a really good experience, knowing he was a boy. Now I'm really hoping to have another boy (though of course will be okay w/ a girl), so I can't decide if it would be better to be surprised or find out

-dh & I used to live in Australia. I'm a direct-entry midwife there, but when we moved back to the US, my qualifications didn't transfer so I went back to school (AGAIN!) & have just become a RN
#16 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 03:57 PM

I'm Kate, 28, married to Nathan for less than a year (our anniversary is 9/22). We've been together 8 years. The baby's due on 4/2. I'd love to hit 4/5, my dear nephew's birthday. We're planning on finding out the sex of the baby as soon as possible. I hope to give birth ( in the nurse-midwifery birth center with my cousin as midwife. We planned this pregnancy, but didn't expect it to happen as quickly as it did!

We have one cat and a great roommate (who is almost as excited about the baby as we are). We also have a band and a garden. I plan on doing as much sewing for the baby as possible, including diapers. We're going to try and do things low-impact, environmentally and financially speaking, and use mostly hand-me-downs and used items.

:::

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#17 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 04:01 PM
acp

I'm Amanda. I have a daughter who's 14 months, and was pretty surprised to discover that I was pregnant last week. We were planning on trying in a few months, and so I went off the mini-pill several weeks ago and we weren't being super careful - but I thought I'd probably get AF back first! I'm still nursing, and plan to continue for a while, but don't think I'm up for tandem nursing.

Since there was no PP AF, I don't know the exact due date, but I'm guessing around April 10 or 11.

I'm torn on where to give birth. IL is a difficult state for HBs, with VERY few providers, and no birth centers. So last time I used a midwife in a hospital and had a great all-natural birth, despite a long back labor, and LOVED my midwife.
I have a great relationship with her and would like to use her again, but I also think this is likely to be our last child, and I've always wanted a HB. I think I'll at least interview the two HB options I have.
We didn't find out the gender last time, but I promised DH that this time we would (he really wanted to last time).

What else? I'm 33, and work fulltime as a journalist, mostly from home. I love my job, but after this next baby I'd love to cut down to 3 or 4 days a week, but don't know if it will be feasible. Any other working mamas here?
#18 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Hello all!

I am Carol
-Momma to two boys (5&7)
-We were TTC for four years and FINALLY got pregnant
-I had two unnecessary c-sections and will be planning a UBAC with this baby
-I am a doula/childbirth educator
-My husband is in the Navy, and we have been married for eight years.
-We will not be finding out the gender, or getting any ultrasounds.

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#19 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 05:23 PM

Hi Ladies,

My husband and I just found out we're expecting baby #2 : ! We currently have a son who is 10 months old. I am still nursing him. We had a wonderful birth with our first son with a midwife at a free standing birth center. We plan to go the same route again. It looks like I'm due around April 11th I am also currently training to become a birthing instructor teaching the Bradley Method :-)

Can't wait to hear everyone's introductions!

~Rebecca
: : : : :

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#20 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 06:34 PM

My name is Kirstin and I am pregnant with # 3! I have 10 yo boy and a 2 yo girl! I am still nursing my dd and am planning to try and tandem nurse. I am currently trying to talk my dh into a homebirth, but he is not quite convinced-because the closest hospital is 25 miles away and that freaks him out a bit. I have hyperthyroidism and need to be monitored somewhat during my pregnancy so I can't go completely medical-free but my ob is AWESOME!
I had an insanely fast unmedicated birth last time in the hospital so I am a little nervous that this one will just come flying out like the last one- but I will be prepared this time!
#21 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 08:06 PM

I am Jenny (jenholle) and I'm 35 years old. I have been married to DH Wally for over 8 years. This is my fourth pregnancy and will hopefully result in a third child for us (had a m/c between DS and DD). We have a DS Quentin who just turned 6 and a DD Ariel who just turned 3. We will not find out the sex of this baby. DH wants to but I am adamant. I really want a surprise this time!!! There was a little more of a gap between #2 and #3 than I would have liked b/c of a health scare I had last year that resulted in me finding out i might have a clotting disorder. Hopefully it won't effect me too much during this pregnancy, but I will have an OB, a perinatologist, and a hospital birth. I will go natural again as I did with DD using hypnobirthing. I was recently trained as a doula and will use a doula with this birth as well.

I work part-time as a school counselor and love my job and my hours. This April baby will be great as he/she will not go into any day care until almost 6 months of age.

Can't wait to get to know all of you!!!!
#22 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraphappy-Red View Post
-Wanted to get pg, but now that I actually am...I keep thinking...ahhh "What was I thinking? Am I crazy????"
That is soooo me too!! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I have loved reading all of your intros! What a cool group of mamas we have here.

I'm Amy, married for 4 years to Jason, and we have one daughter, Brynn (12/03/05). We were always conviced that we would only have one child, but over the past few months, the topic kept coming up. We made lists of pros and cons of having a second child, talked about it ad nauseum, and then finally at my last month's book club, I saw my friend's 3-week old DD; I came home and said, "I want another baby!" And, the rest is history!

We are very fertile together; we concieved pregnancy #1 five days before our wedding, and I found out I was pregnant on our honeymoon. I lost that pregnancy at 11 weeks, and then took a few months off to recover. The first month of trying after that, we concieved Brynn! I had a very easy and normal pregnancy with her, and a long labor in a birth center with a "midwife" (hmph!) and fabulous doula. After 30 hours in labor, I ended up with a c-section, largely in part to the unneccessary interventions of my midwife. So yes, I still have some issues about that. And a little anxiety about miscarriage, too.

This time around, I am hoping for (and already dreaming of!) a VBAC. I have a wonderful midwife, and I'll be delivering at a somewhat progressive hospital. It's not as naturally-oriented as the birth center where I labored with Brynn, but I am not quite comfortable with an HBAC, so there ya go. I also plan to have a doula, but haven't figured out who of my many doula acquaintances it will be.

I'm a SAHM currently. I have a master's in language disorders that I'm not using at all, and will be completing post-partum doula certification later this year. I'm also in the process of working toward becoming a board certified lactation consultant.

Dex_Millie - wow!! That is so awesome that you just found out!
Carol - My husband was in the Navy until last year. He was in the supply corps, so we've been in Athens, GA, Norfolk, and then Dayton OH (where he worked at Wright Patterson AFB).
I can't find the post from the wife of the Marine who is going to be leaving, but my heart goes out to you! I know that must be so hard.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#23 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 09:16 PM

I'm Rachel, and I'm 36. I have one son, who is 13 months old, but came 7 weeks early. This will be our second living child (I lost my son's twin about a third of the way through the pregnancy).

We have many challenges with our DS, who has developmental delays and a genetic immune deficiency (as well as FTT, low tone in his feet, feeding delays, life threatening allergies, etc etc etc....I post a lot on the SN board if you want the nitty gritty). He was developing normally for the first five months, but began having setbacks that got bigger and bigger and bigger. We still don't know the root cause of his issues (which all seem to be motor-related), and will be adding a geneticist to our list of specialists we see with him in a few weeks. He's in speech and physical therapy twice a week.

I am a registered nurse with a background in pediatric intensive care and research, but currently SAH with DS because of his medical needs. I am trying to find work (we moved here six months ago), but will need a mostly WAH job because his immune disorder means we need a one-on-one nanny in our home. At least I will have built-in childcare with the next baby!

We are thrilled to be having #2, but only recently decided we wanted to TTC. I got pregnant in our first cycle of trying, which is amazing, considering my doctors said I would never conceive on my own (severe endometriosis and a history of cervical cancer). I keep picking up the HPT and checking it again, a week later.

I am super nervous about this pregnancy because i have loads of risk factors (I posted in the PAL thread in our DDC). I sometimes feel I don't fit in at MDC because circumstances dictate we have a tremendous amount of medical intervention with my son, and this pregnancy will be VERY highly managed medically as well. My dream is to have a boring pregnancy that ends with a term baby who doesn't end up in the NICU!

I will try my best not to be a downer, I promise! If there are other mamas-to-be with high risk pregnancies in our DDC, please let me know- maybe we can start a thread dedicated to that as well.

Oh, names- if we have a girl, we are going with the name we picked out last time. If we have a boy, he might be nameless because we already used the one name we could agree on! :P
#24 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 10:21 PM

I will reveal my name when I told my friend that might still be on this board!

Married to DH for just over 3 years and we are expecting our first child. Very excited and still need to make lots of decisions...

We conceived on our first cycle trying, 3 months after stopping the pill. I thought we totally missed the egg, since I got what I thought was my period, and what I thought was poor BD timing at ovulation time. Luckily, I have been charting the FAM way and noticed my temps were not going down. I entered my handwritten chart into Fertility Friend and I had miscalculated my ovulation date. Tested a week after my 'AF' and got 2 quick BFPs. That was so shocking after being disappointed with getting 'AF'!

7/2008 & 05/2010
#25 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 10:57 PM

Dawn from Michigan here, we're expecting baby number five - edd April 8, 2009. I always say I had "two, twice"... since Autumn (17) and Blake (14) are from a previous marriage and now live with their dad, and Zoe (7) and Dmitri (6) are mine with my current husband, Michael. Michael and I have been together eight years (our anniversary was July 29). He's a psychologist, and while I do have a Masters in psych as well, I'm also a doula, birth photographer and writer... which I do as a sahm, mostly.

I had the last two babies at home, and since we've moved to a rural area, I'm looking for a HB midwife in these parts. I've considered going UC as well. I have minor thyroid issues (controlled with very little meds) but I don't think it will be a big problem.

We don't vaccinate, we cloth diaper, I breastfeed as long as I possibly can (my milk seems to dry up around the sixth month for some weird reason no one can explain). We gentle discipline, homeschooled up until this year, when the kids BEGGED to go to school, and I gave in. I'll probably pull them when school gets "boring" and more "work" than "fun" around 2nd or 3rd grade.

We also live on a few acres, grow an organic garden for our family, and are getting chickens and bees in the spring.

(p.s. About Illinois - man, the more I hear about that state, the more scared I get. If the rest of the country did the same, I'd move to Canada. Home birth, vaccinations, the whole thing... it's like a police state in Illinois! :x Isn't there a doc that will come to your house to do home births in Illinois, though?)

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#26 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 11:14 PM
acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthtenders View Post
(p.s. About Illinois - man, the more I hear about that state, the more scared I get. If the rest of the country did the same, I'd move to Canada. Home birth, vaccinations, the whole thing... it's like a police state in Illinois! :x Isn't there a doc that will come to your house to do home births in Illinois, though?)
Home births are legal in IL, attended by both doctors and midwives. But direct entry midwives aren't allowed, just CNMs, and OBs who will do home births keep dwindling because of the cost of insurance - the result is that there are very few providers, and incredibly few if you're not in the Chicago area.
Here in Chicago, there are two licensed midwife practices that do HBs, and a couple doctors, I believe, and a couple other midwives and OBs farther out away from the city. I'm torn, though, since i"ve heard mixed things about the two midwife practices here in Chicago, and I love my (hospital-only) midwife so much.
Vax exemptions are no problem, you just have to claim religious exemption (whether or not you choose not to vax for religious reasons).

A bill FINALLY passed this year allowing for the first few birthing centers to be built in the state, and a bill allowing direct-entry midwives to be licensed is stalled. It really needs to pass.
#27 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
Home births are legal in IL, attended by both doctors and midwives. But direct entry midwives aren't allowed, just CNMs, and OBs who will do home births keep dwindling because of the cost of insurance - the result is that there are very few providers, and incredibly few if you're not in the Chicago area.
Here in Chicago, there are two licensed midwife practices that do HBs, and a couple doctors, I believe, and a couple other midwives and OBs farther out away from the city. I'm torn, though, since i"ve heard mixed things about the two midwife practices here in Chicago, and I love my (hospital-only) midwife so much.
Vax exemptions are no problem, you just have to claim religious exemption (whether or not you choose not to vax for religious reasons).

A bill FINALLY passed this year allowing for the first few birthing centers to be built in the state, and a bill allowing direct-entry midwives to be licensed is stalled. It really needs to pass.

I am pretty sure that the doctors that DID homebirths no longer do them.

Also, NONE of the CNM's in the are do HBAC's.

But, yeah.. it is a policed state... SO GLAD we will only be here for another year and a half. Uggh.. I hate the midwest.

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#28 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 11:44 PM

Hi I'm Maya

-I'm 28 and I've been married for three years to my college sweetheart (we've known each other since we were seventeen!)
-This is our first pregnancy(!) after trying for a couple of months. Of course I'm totally paranoid since it's the first and I hope it goes smoothly!
-I want a girl and DH, of course, wants a boy
-I'm currently working but I hope to "retire" in April 2009 :

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
#29 of 52 Old 08-05-2008, 11:50 PM

Hi I'm Heather a 32 year old mama partnered to Matt (not married) We have been together for almost 5 years. We have a newly 2 yo girl and I have a 8 yo old boy from a previous marriage, he has a 9 yo girl from a previous marriage. I am a non vaxing cloth diapering veggie mama.

This is TOTALLY unexpected. We are excited, but I am super nervous. I just donated all of my maternity clothes, and luckily I have a bunch of baby clothes left.

I am planning on having another homebirth. I want a midwife there, but I would love if Matt would catch the baby, although I know he wouldn't be down for that.. a girl can dream. I am thinking I don't want to find out the sex, I found out with my other two and I think a surprise would be nice.

I had our dd in a pool in my kitchen. The day before she was born we filmed a parody film and put it up on youtube, it has become quite a "hit" lol actually half of the people hated it and half of the people loved it. Regardless we had fun and it helped Matt relax about the birth. My first birth was 26 hours long and it was in a hospital. My dd's birth was at home and it took about 8 hours, so if I am lucky this one will be nice and quick... not too quick though.

I am excited to get to know all of you.
#30 of 52 Old 08-06-2008, 12:41 AM

Hi! I'm Rochelle. I'm 21, married for almost 2 years. We're finally pregnant after 14 months of trying. This is our first and I plan to UP/UC as long as nothing seems off. I'm actually due March 30th, but I have a feeling this will be an April baby...a very strong feeling.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page