pregnant after loss - August chat - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 145 Old 08-25-2008, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo View Post
And the baby is really alive!!!!! I still can't beleive it! I'm measuring a few days ahead...so about 8 wks and there was a good strong hb. I'm just past the point of the last 2 (6 and 7 wks) but not yet past the first (9 wks). I'm starting to kind get excited but trying to not get my hopes up, yk? I'm going back next week for another u/s just to stay sane until I get past the point of the first one.
I'm so happy for you!

I hope you're all hanging in there :

I'm going for my first u/s on Thursday. :
#122 of 145 Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 PM

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was 5w3d for me which is when I miscarried my first pregnancy. I was reading in "Fearless Pregnancy" that after you see a heartbeat at 6w your chances of miscarriage goes down to 1%-2%. I'm really resisting getting an early ultrasound, but I can only guess that the stress of NOT getting one might be more "harmful" than a little ol' ultrasound!

Until then, I've only told my close circle of friends and my sister who's due in two weeks. I can't wait until I can breathe and relax (when, exactly is that?).

So far my only symptoms are tingly nipples w/occassional let down feelings, loss of appetite and being tired all the time. I know I'll regret it later- but I can't wait until my morning sickness kicks in!

I hope for a H&H9 for all of us!:

Grace
#123 of 145 Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 AM
jmo

Welcome, Grace! Congrats!!

Cat, I'm sorry you're feeling stressed. I had a few days like that last wk when I was sure I was feeling "too good." Hope you can get in for a u/s to ease your mind.

Jenmidwife, can't wait for your good news on Thurs!!!

So the dr gave me some u/s pics today and I just can't stop staring at them. I've never had an early u/s with an actual live baby. (I just had the 18wk one w/ dd). The baby seriously looks like this total blob, but a lovely blob, I must say. You can sorta see little arms and then a huge blob head.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#124 of 145 Old 08-27-2008, 04:22 AM

Can I just post in here and ask for some honest opinions?
I'm just over 6 weeks, and here are my betas:
10dpo - 23
12dpo - 87.5
14 dpo - 214
18 dpo - 1121
23 dpo - 4027
28 dpo - 5907

They were looking good at the beginning, but the last one's doubling time is 9 days.
Ultrasound at 23 dpo showed a gestational sac with maybe a yolk sac in it.
Ultrasound at 28 dpo (6 weeks exactly) showed an empty sac, that had only grown 1.9 mm in 5 days (measured 6.2 mm at 23 dpo and 8.1 mm at 28 dpo).

It's over for me, right? The tech who did my u/s as much as said so.
I've had a ton of cramping, but I'm on progesterone with this pregnancy (3 previous losses), so I'm guessing that's why I haven't started to bleed yet (?).

TIA for any opinions on this. Both my DH and my Mom are telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself. I haven't even had time yet to process the grief and they're already yelling at me and calling me childish.
I guess it's time to put on a happy face and shove my pain under the rug yet again...

I am always clinging on to the tiniest bit of hope, which just makes it that much more painful when the reality hits. Just want to know if you all think there is no hope left. I want to start dealing earlier rather than later (I have another u/s in one week).

Thanks..
#125 of 145 Old 08-27-2008, 10:02 AM

i'm so sorry sweetie... sounds like your mom and dh are trying to cope with their own emotions and are the selfish ones... you go ahead and feel however you need to! it's not easy to hear news like that... i'm going to say that if you are cramping bad, it might be the prog that is keeping the spotting and bleeding from happening...what does your doctor say? hang in there...u/s have been known to be wrong!

i'm going for my u/s at 4 today and am hoping for good news but honestly i'm thinking bad. i can't help it though...i don't know if it's my fear or not. i too am on progesterone, but i haven't had anymore cramping since the other night and still do have some symptoms...so i don't know...i should be just over 7 weeks so we should see something, right? i'm so nervous...

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#126 of 145 Old 08-28-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
I'm so happy for you!

I hope you're all hanging in there :

I'm going for my first u/s on Thursday. :
Hi Jen, keeping my fingers crossed for you today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekola View Post
Hi everyone!

Yesterday was 5w3d for me which is when I miscarried my first pregnancy. I was reading in "Fearless Pregnancy" that after you see a heartbeat at 6w your chances of miscarriage goes down to 1%-2%. I'm really resisting getting an early ultrasound, but I can only guess that the stress of NOT getting one might be more "harmful" than a little ol' ultrasound!

Until then, I've only told my close circle of friends and my sister who's due in two weeks. I can't wait until I can breathe and relax (when, exactly is that?).

So far my only symptoms are tingly nipples w/occassional let down feelings, loss of appetite and being tired all the time. I know I'll regret it later- but I can't wait until my morning sickness kicks in!

I hope for a H&H9 for all of us!:

Grace
Welcome Grace! Keep us posted!

Quote:
Welcome, Grace! Congrats!!

Cat, I'm sorry you're feeling stressed. I had a few days like that last wk when I was sure I was feeling "too good." Hope you can get in for a u/s to ease your mind.

Jenmidwife, can't wait for your good news on Thurs!!!

So the dr gave me some u/s pics today and I just can't stop staring at them. I've never had an early u/s with an actual live baby. (I just had the 18wk one w/ dd). The baby seriously looks like this total blob, but a lovely blob, I must say. You can sorta see little arms and then a huge blob head.
Jmo, So exciting to have those picks at 18 wks. I'm only 5 wks - and it's going so slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertain View Post
Can I just post in here and ask for some honest opinions?
I'm just over 6 weeks, and here are my betas:
10dpo - 23
12dpo - 87.5
14 dpo - 214
18 dpo - 1121
23 dpo - 4027
28 dpo - 5907

They were looking good at the beginning, but the last one's doubling time is 9 days.
Ultrasound at 23 dpo showed a gestational sac with maybe a yolk sac in it.
Ultrasound at 28 dpo (6 weeks exactly) showed an empty sac, that had only grown 1.9 mm in 5 days (measured 6.2 mm at 23 dpo and 8.1 mm at 28 dpo).

It's over for me, right? The tech who did my u/s as much as said so.
I've had a ton of cramping, but I'm on progesterone with this pregnancy (3 previous losses), so I'm guessing that's why I haven't started to bleed yet (?).

TIA for any opinions on this. Both my DH and my Mom are telling me to stop feeling sorry for myself. I haven't even had time yet to process the grief and they're already yelling at me and calling me childish.
I guess it's time to put on a happy face and shove my pain under the rug yet again...

I am always clinging on to the tiniest bit of hope, which just makes it that much more painful when the reality hits. Just want to know if you all think there is no hope left. I want to start dealing earlier rather than later (I have another u/s in one week).

Thanks..
Uncertain - keep us posted - thinking sticky sticky baby. When will you go back for next blood test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catballou24 View Post
i'm so sorry sweetie... sounds like your mom and dh are trying to cope with their own emotions and are the selfish ones... you go ahead and feel however you need to! it's not easy to hear news like that... i'm going to say that if you are cramping bad, it might be the prog that is keeping the spotting and bleeding from happening...what does your doctor say? hang in there...u/s have been known to be wrong!

i'm going for my u/s at 4 today and am hoping for good news but honestly i'm thinking bad. i can't help it though...i don't know if it's my fear or not. i too am on progesterone, but i haven't had anymore cramping since the other night and still do have some symptoms...so i don't know...i should be just over 7 weeks so we should see something, right? i'm so nervous...
Hi Cat. You should definitely see something at 7 weeks. Can't wait to hear what you saw!

AAM I had my 5 wk ultrasound yesterday. We saw the sac and RE said everything looked great. My beta was 4612 at 21dpIUI. And my progesterone was 26.5 - so everything is looking really good. I can't believe it. I go back next wednesday at 6 wks to see if we can see heartbeat and then my dh and I go on our 1st anniversary trip to Europe. So lots of good stuff going on. I'm a bit worried about going on a plane away - but RE says I must go!

Sticky thoughts for all!
#127 of 145 Old 08-28-2008, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Jen - I'm thinking about you today!! Keep us updated.

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#128 of 145 Old 08-28-2008, 11:05 AM

copied from michelle's symptom thread, so sorry if its a repeat for anyone..

i saw my baby!!!! and a slight flicker of a heartbeat but being only 7 weeks and this place only does abdominal u/s, we couldn't get a clear shot of it...but definitely a baby! my dear friend and ND was with me and has actually taken classes on u/s and been to many many with patients and definitley saw it too. we barely could hear something but not enough to get an accurate reading...so i'm going to go back in 3 weeks...but there was definitely a baby. i could see the line where the little spine is and the definite spot of head and body curled...i got a picture but it's not a great one...but i'll try to photograph it...omg...i sw my baby!!! romy (my friend) said the sac looks to be the right size too (they do very limited u/s at this place, so didn't measure anything)....i feel relieved but of course will still worry until the first tri is over...

but omg...the relief! i was totally prepared to not see anything...the nurse who did it is an oncology nurse, so she isn't an expert in babies, but she said this was the first one she saw today, so that made me feel good..: she said they usually only do one per client as they are not a medical facility but really rather an anti-abortion clinic (i'm not a churchie type, but respect others opinions and they were really cool with me about it), but she said if i want to come back in a couple weeks she'll do another..

i feel alot better...and maybe now can start allowing myself to feel pregnant..you know? i know anything can happen, but what a relief!!::::

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#129 of 145 Old 08-28-2008, 11:14 AM

I'd keep posting it EVERYWHERE if I were you! I posted mine in more than one thread! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! ::::

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
#130 of 145 Old 08-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
copied from michelle's symptom thread, so sorry if its a repeat for anyone..

i saw my baby!!!! and a slight flicker of a heartbeat but being only 7 weeks and this place only does abdominal u/s, we couldn't get a clear shot of it...but definitely a baby! my dear friend and ND was with me and has actually taken classes on u/s and been to many many with patients and definitley saw it too. we barely could hear something but not enough to get an accurate reading...so i'm going to go back in 3 weeks...but there was definitely a baby. i could see the line where the little spine is and the definite spot of head and body curled...i got a picture but it's not a great one...but i'll try to photograph it...omg...i sw my baby!!! romy (my friend) said the sac looks to be the right size too (they do very limited u/s at this place, so didn't measure anything)....i feel relieved but of course will still worry until the first tri is over...

but omg...the relief! i was totally prepared to not see anything...the nurse who did it is an oncology nurse, so she isn't an expert in babies, but she said this was the first one she saw today, so that made me feel good..: she said they usually only do one per client as they are not a medical facility but really rather an anti-abortion clinic (i'm not a churchie type, but respect others opinions and they were really cool with me about it), but she said if i want to come back in a couple weeks she'll do another..

i feel alot better...and maybe now can start allowing myself to feel pregnant..you know? i know anything can happen, but what a relief!!::::
So happy for you! I know that sense of relieve all too well!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#131 of 145 Old 08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
jmo

Great news, cat!!!! Congrats!

Hoping all went well w/ you today, jenmidwife!

#132 of 145 Old 08-28-2008, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas, must get to bed, so I can't reply to each of you individually, but I just wanted to pop in & tell you that we saw the heartbeat!!!! Yippee!!! & the measurements were pretty much right on w/ my LMP (a little a head actually!). Thank you all for your well wishes!

So I'm about 8 weeks (or a little more) today giving me an EDB of 4/9/09
#133 of 145 Old 08-29-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Hey mamas, must get to bed, so I can't reply to each of you individually, but I just wanted to pop in & tell you that we saw the heartbeat!!!! Yippee!!! & the measurements were pretty much right on w/ my LMP (a little a head actually!). Thank you all for your well wishes!

So I'm about 8 weeks (or a little more) today giving me an EDB of 4/9/09
Yay!! I have been thinking of you! Great news!! We have the same EDD!!!!::::

#134 of 145 Old 08-29-2008, 09:40 AM

oh jen..that's wonderful news!!!! ::

so this morning is the first morning that i really don't feel great...i've had the waves of nausea here and there, but never too bad. have gagged a couple times when brushing my teeth, but nothing to write home about. this morning, yeah...if i turn my head too fast i feel carsick..yay for me! i keep trying to gauge how bad it is, but it's definitely worse than it has been..not terrible and i can still function, so far..

the kicker is, i am taking care of a friends little baby today along with my girls and the 2 regular girls i take of...ages of the kids are 16 weeks, 1, 2, 3, and 5...i am so looking forward to my time off this weekend...i want to sleep in..

but i'm so happy to feel sick and so happy so many of us who have lost are experiencing success so far!!! let's keep it up ladies!!!

#135 of 145 Old 08-29-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
oh jen..that's wonderful news!!!! ::

so this morning is the first morning that i really don't feel great...i've had the waves of nausea here and there, but never too bad. have gagged a couple times when brushing my teeth, but nothing to write home about. this morning, yeah...if i turn my head too fast i feel carsick..yay for me! i keep trying to gauge how bad it is, but it's definitely worse than it has been..not terrible and i can still function, so far..

the kicker is, i am taking care of a friends little baby today along with my girls and the 2 regular girls i take of...ages of the kids are 16 weeks, 1, 2, 3, and 5...i am so looking forward to my time off this weekend...i want to sleep in..

but i'm so happy to feel sick and so happy so many of us who have lost are experiencing success so far!!! let's keep it up ladies!!!

I love it Cat!! I'm so glad you aren't feeling well lol!!!! Enjoy your day with all the kiddies!!

#136 of 145 Old 08-29-2008, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Cat, I'm glad you're having such strong symptoms! I hope the babysitting went well (just thinking about all fo those kids while you feel sick makes me queasy!

Thank you all for your support!

So far, we all have a pretty good record, eh?

Does anyone know what happened to preemiemamarach (Rachel)?
#137 of 145 Old 08-30-2008, 12:55 AM
jmo

YAY Jen!!!!! I knew you'd have some good news for us.

Oy, Cat, thinking about all those kids makes my head spin too. Hope your day was somewhat manageable!

I'm just kind of holding my breath until Wed - my next u/s. The nausea is still very much present so I feel some reassurance!

#138 of 145 Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 AM

started feeling better towards the end of the day...but am now at that stage where i am getting ravenously hungry super fast and if i dont' eat right then i feel sick...so yay..ahha

babysitting went surprisingly well. the baby is still so small that she slept alot, and i have to say it was wonderful holding such a tiny one in my arms..

i hope your u/s goes well jmo...and i second that about rachel, any news?

to everyone...

#139 of 145 Old 08-30-2008, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

I felt tons of wetness between my legs while I was at work today & I was so scared that I was bleeding I ran straight to the bathroom (I was also wearing white scrubs!). Turns out, it was lots of juicy cervical mucus Mmmm... yummy... but anything's better than blood!

Quote:
I'm just kind of holding my breath until Wed - my next u/s. The nausea is still very much present so I feel some reassurance!
Hang in there! :
#140 of 145 Old 08-31-2008, 01:34 AM
jmo

Quote:
I felt tons of wetness between my legs while I was at work today & I was so scared that I was bleeding I ran straight to the bathroom (I was also wearing white scrubs!). Turns out, it was lots of juicy cervical mucus Mmmm... yummy... but anything's better than blood!
LOL...this is me every day (like 20 times). I remember the excessive wetness from my pg w/ dd but it wasn't as worrisome then.

#141 of 145 Old 08-31-2008, 10:56 AM

I am nine weeks now, I was 10weeks and 12.5 when I had my miscarriages. I know I will feel better when I pass those marks. But I am really encouraged by the horrible morning sickness I've had. I had a dr. appt on friday and he said that my uterus was definitely enlarged and everything looks good. I'm going to have an ultrasound on sept 12 to make sure the baby is growing.

I usually enjoy pregnancy so much, but this one I just want to fast forward so I can hold a healthy baby!
#142 of 145 Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 PM

Not a huge update, but a big one for me: I have morning sickness! I didn't have any with my last pregnancy where I miscarried, but I was nauseous a lot with DS. I hope its a good sign!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#143 of 145 Old 09-01-2008, 11:53 PM

i hear you! the m/c pregnancy i had very little m/s and any queasiness ended at around 6 1/2 weeks...but this one it really started a few days ago and i thought, "oh yeah...i remember this feeling...great..." i'm super stoked of course! i'm 8 weeks today...woohoo!

go morning sickness!

#144 of 145 Old 09-02-2008, 01:29 AM
jmo

How much does nausea vary in a "typical" pregnancy? Anyone have an opinion? Like do you feel okay some days and horrible others? Or do you feel pretty much a constant level of blech. I'm such a freaking basketcase right now. Yesterday and today I have been much less nauseous and I've basically been in tears all day today thinking that this one is over too. I've had a few points in the day where I definitely don't feel great, but not overly horrible like I did last wk. Ugh, this sucks. My u/s is Wed morning so only one more day of wondering, I guess.

#145 of 145 Old 09-02-2008, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How much does nausea vary in a "typical" pregnancy? Anyone have an opinion? Like do you feel okay some days and horrible others? Or do you feel pretty much a constant level of blech. I'm such a freaking basketcase right now. Yesterday and today I have been much less nauseous and I've basically been in tears all day today thinking that this one is over too. I've had a few points in the day where I definitely don't feel great, but not overly horrible like I did last wk. Ugh, this sucks. My u/s is Wed morning so only one more day of wondering, I guess.
I can't speak to a typical pregnancy, but mine does wax & wane. It is sooo nerve wracking! I hope you see that : tomorrow!

Check out the new September thread!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page