Exercise accountability? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 08-17-2008, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe this will motivate me to actually get off my lazy butt and DO something. :x I've only got 100 million exercise videos, etc. It's not like I even have to leave the HOUSE...

Okay so I'm in... really... I am!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#32 of 46 Old 08-17-2008, 11:17 AM
jkg

I'm glad to see this thread. It will motivate me to stay active. I practice yoga, but I think I'm going to start going to the prenatal class in a few weeks. I will start logging my walking times tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration mamas!
#33 of 46 Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Well, I'm in the Army, so I've been put on the physical training program for pregnant soldiers. So I work out Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Wednesday we have classes) and take my son swimming on Saturday.
#34 of 46 Old 08-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes View Post
Well, I'm in the Army, so I've been put on the physical training program for pregnant soldiers. So I work out Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (Wednesday we have classes) and take my son swimming on Saturday.
Hm, yeahhh... I think you're pretty covered on the exercise front!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#35 of 46 Old 08-17-2008, 07:43 PM

I did 15 minutes on the elliptical this morning. I was feeling tired after the first minute but pushed through it and surprised myself!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#36 of 46 Old 08-17-2008, 11:21 PM

2lilsweetfoxes, would you be willing to share a bit of what your workouts are like? I am just curious and I want to keep as much intensity in my workouts as I safely can throughout this pregnancy.

Thanks!
#37 of 46 Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 PM

Oh....I am in. I danced on Sat for 2 hours (tap and contemp lyrical classes.)
Sun: nothing really
Mon:
Tues
Wed
THurs
Fri

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#38 of 46 Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 PM

hi gals! I am in. I left hot yoga when we started TTC, and that was 2 months ago, and I have packed on a couple pounds and lost muscle tone.\

I am going to the gym tomorrow. I'll report back. Good job everyone, this is really helpful to read!
#39 of 46 Old 08-24-2008, 05:45 AM

Does anyone know what the max hr % is when you are pregnant?

I found out I was pregnant this week. I modified my intensity of exercise a bit.

Mon - 30 min stationary bike interval training max hr 174 (85%)
Tues - 30 min stationary bike interval training max hr 172 (85%)
Wed - 30 min stationary bike interval training max hr 176 (85%)
Thurs - 30 min stationary bike. steady max he 160 (80%)
Fri - 30 minute swim. (swim a lap rest 60 sec, swim a lap) (unknown.)

I am very overweight (255), but have always been interested in fitness. Off and on i have been in great shape, while still heavy, but this is very heavy for me and for the last six months I have been working lots to get overtime to have $$ to make the move to Erie and now that I am here, I am exercising again and BAM! I'm pregnant. After five years of not getting in the pool, my body was craving swimming laps again and it's definitely going to take some time before I am swimming actual drills rather than trying to catch my breath!

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#40 of 46 Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 AM

I am joining. I have been lazy every since DS was born going back and forth with getting back into excersing, it is sad I am looking to start when I am pregnant. But I want to be in shape for my HB like last time. I am up for nearly any excersice, I do have a beginners pregnancy polaties(sp?) DVD somewhere, well be doing walking and jogging for now, and what every else comes to mind.
#41 of 46 Old 08-25-2008, 11:49 AM

I don't have a definite answer on max hr yet but I am hoping to find some concrete answers soon. I have been staying in the 75% range with an occasional jump to 80 but when I notice I usually bring it back down. ACOG used to say nothing over 140 which is absolute garbage so don't let anyone tell you that. I think keeping it moderate 70-75% is doable through the entire pregnancy as long as you are comfortable and you were exercising like this prior to being preg. Keep moving!
#42 of 46 Old 08-25-2008, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: I'm so glad to see this thread! I've been inactive over the past year, and I need to shape up for my homebirth! My "morning" sickness is kicking in. I am hoping the remedy from Mommy's Bliss will kick it back, though. When I'm not sick, I'm typically ravenous during pregnancy and definitely need to balance all that eating with plenty of exercise. :

Here is my plan:
Daily: Brisk Walk with our new puppy 3 times, approx. 1 mile

Sun: Eliptical 20 min.
Mon: Prenatal Pilates & Yoga video, Squats w/ ball & 5lb weights
Tues: Eliptical 35 min.
Wed: Prenatal Pilates & Yoga video, Squats w/ ball & 5lb weights
Thurs: Eliptical 35 min.
Fri: Prenatal Pilates & Yoga video, Squats w/ball & 5lb weights
Sat: Eliptical 35 min.

I'll check in at the end of the week and report my actual activity!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#43 of 46 Old 08-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyb View Post
I don't have a definite answer on max hr yet but I am hoping to find some concrete answers soon. I have been staying in the 75% range with an occasional jump to 80 but when I notice I usually bring it back down. ACOG used to say nothing over 140 which is absolute garbage so don't let anyone tell you that. I think keeping it moderate 70-75% is doable through the entire pregnancy as long as you are comfortable and you were exercising like this prior to being preg. Keep moving!

hi bellyb,

I bought a copy of Exercising Your Way Through Pregnancy
which is supposed to be a great resource, but it hasn't arrived yet. Buying used on amazon means I have to wait, but when I get it, I can share with you what it says, if you like. He's been researching exercise and pregnancy for decades now.

Sat- rest (worked a shift)
Sun- rest (worked a shift)

My new job is constant movement and standing on my feet which I like. My previous job was on a regular hospital floor, and I spent quite a bit of time on my butt with nothing to do. The ICU keeps me busy, so even when working I will be getting good low intensity exercise.

#44 of 46 Old 08-28-2008, 10:21 AM

I can join this thread again, phew! I've been trying to exercise and haven't found the time/energy but this week - im back! Is there anything I have to do?? I am going to report what I did this week so far:

Tuesday - 30 mins elyptical
Wed. - 30 mins elyptical

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#45 of 46 Old 08-30-2008, 10:05 PM

i did monday 30 minutes and wednesday 30 minutes. interval training.

i'm ill right now. YAY for flu symptoms and nothing to take for it. wahhhhh

#46 of 46 Old 08-31-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyb View Post
Many recommendations on exercise in pregnancy don't suggest using heart rate values, but using "rate of perceived exertion" to keep exercise "moderate". Or using the "talk test"- meaning exercising at a level that you can talk at the same time.

As for my exercise, I've been slacking a bit this past week. Still fit in a couple of runs, though. I'm doing a 14K run next Sunday! Then I'll taper down to shorter runs for a while, I think.

Do any other runners feel like their breasts are pretty uncomfortable when they're running now? Mine are getting tender.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page