Names (Already) - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2008, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
i am bumping this thread because i didnt want to start a new one.
hopefully finding out weds if we have a boy or a girl.

from the very beginning, i have known if he was a boy his name is Terran. No for certain middle name, but i have called him Terran lots of times. We both have.
so last week, dp said he wasnt so sure about this name. He said he saw a news story about a missing woman found in a crack house who looked bad and he said her name was Terran. I said it was Taren and not the same name. He was like, "what about Seamus?" i think this name has been mentioned in this thread, and no offense to anyone who loves it, but NO WAY could that be the name for my baby. anyway, last night when i got in bed, dp was playing a star trek voyager episode where there was a bad guy with a similar name- sounded like Teeran. and dp's dad made fun of the name when we mentioned it to them. So he is having doubts. I thought Terran was his name and I am not sure about changing it. But I am thinking about it! The only alternative thus far in my mind is Jack, but it feels weird to be thinking about anything else!
Maybe this means it is a girl? lol i am so excited to find out!

Anybody else still struggling with name choices?
We had a girl name picked out pretty early on. It had one little glitch when my grandma said "Eden is a BOYS name" and DH went a little nutso. (like it matters), but we stuck with it.

For boys names it was HARD. We finally agreed on one a couple of weeks before the u/s, but I was not super excited about it.

Turned out she was a girl and we didn't need the second-rate name . It was funny, too, because I've collected a lot of baby clothes over the last 5 months and I thought I was going to have to get rid of a bunch of boy stuff and I took it all out and it fit in a small grocery-size bag. The rest was girl stuff...I'm thinking this girl was influencing me all along .

So, maybe you are having a girl...any girl names picked out?

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 04:21 PM

Ok, I don't think I have posted anything in this thread before because....aaaaaaahhhhhhh we can't agree at all!!!!!! Finally I think we have agreed to wait until after the u/s on 12/2 so we only have to argue over one name and not 2, but I feel anxious. I feel like I have nothing done and I am running out of time...LOL, um we have until April, so I have no idea why I feel that way, but I do. I have been cleaning out cabinets and closets and everywhere, thinking I want all of this done before baby, and I haven't even started getting stuff together for the baby. My kids are older, and I really have nothing except a couple of things that were given to me....Why am I freaking out about this?? Especially the name, I guess I would just like to have one thing done. complete. finished. oh well...lol...

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
Old 11-14-2008, 06:39 PM

I finally got DH to email me a list of some of his choice names....

It was so surprising! A couple of them I love but weren't even on my list....Hidden inside his list of ho-hum were Elliot and Max

:

and somewhere in the middle of girls choices were Tabitha and Mia

:

There's hope for him yet.....

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post

It was so surprising! A couple of them I love but weren't even on my list....Hidden inside his list of ho-hum were Elliot and Max

:

:

Congrats! Mia Tabitha would even work together!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

So, we know for sure we're having a boy, and I thought somehow it would make it easier to make a decision about the name. I'm still totally waffling though. It's really hard not to *know* for sure!!

I was really kind of set on Soren, but DH just doesn't like it that much. So we both like Nathan, and we both like William. I'm just not feeling sure, though, so I don't want to make like an official declaration about it even though the ongoing uncertainty is really killing me! With Brynn, it was just SO easy! We knew right away what her name would be. Why is it so hard this time? Other people in my life have had dreams about this baby's name (Nathan from my best friend, and Richard from my mom ) but *I* have yet to have a dream about it. Send me a sign, baby!!

I'm just venting here. I guess we just keep waiting . . .

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
Old 11-25-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
So, we know for sure we're having a boy, and I thought somehow it would make it easier to make a decision about the name. I'm still totally waffling though. It's really hard not to *know* for sure!!

I was really kind of set on Soren, but DH just doesn't like it that much. So we both like Nathan, and we both like William. I'm just not feeling sure, though, so I don't want to make like an official declaration about it even though the ongoing uncertainty is really killing me! With Brynn, it was just SO easy! We knew right away what her name would be. Why is it so hard this time? Other people in my life have had dreams about this baby's name (Nathan from my best friend, and Richard from my mom ) but *I* have yet to have a dream about it. Send me a sign, baby!!

I'm just venting here. I guess we just keep waiting . . .
I like Nathan (It's my dh's name ). And it's not really that common anymore....more classic. GL picking something. Maybe if you had a middle name set it would help? I would avoid Richard. There are so many unfortunate nicknames .

Old 11-25-2008, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, we're not even thinking of Richard! My mom even laughed when she told me that was his name in the dream!

Do y'all have any impressions of the name Nolan (or Nolen)? It means "noble." I've been liking it during this pregnancy.

We're not 100% on the middle name, but it will likely be Charles.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I really like Nolan!! What does DH think??

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 11-25-2008, 07:02 PM

I really like Nolan, too. The only think I can think of is that people will think you're a baseball fan, but it's not a bad connotation or anything. Very nice!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, when I proposed it to Jason, he said, "Like Nolan Ryan?" I was like, who is that? So I checked his Wiki bio, and at least he was an awesome baseball player (and from Texas, like Jason) and hasn't been one of those scandal-prone steroid freaks! So I'm OK with that association.

I also kind of like it too because Noel could be the nickname, and I've come to love the name Noel, but didn't want to go with it because of the Christmas association, and because our last name ends in "L."

So, I'm really liking it!!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post

:

:

I love Tabitha but it's a no go with DH.

I have narrowed it down to 3 boy's names, and 4 girl's names, I don't share though. DH is ok with 2 of the boy's and 2 of the girl's. I keep looking at names still and if I find more I like then I'll add them to the list, but I like having just a list to decide from at the end. None of my children have ever been the names that I chose for them beforehand so this time I'm trying it this way!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

User Tag List