Any other unassisted birthers? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-06-2008, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if there is any other UC mommas in our DDC??

Where ya at?

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#2 of 12 Old 08-06-2008, 04:03 PM

I would love to UC; I've been reading UC birth stories and feel so inspired by them!

However, I'm not sure if I'm totally comfortable with it yet, maybe next time. I'm not sure how I will react and handle everything by myself since my last birth was totally medically managed hospital birth and I didn't even really feel like I gave birth (because of an epidural). Also, my husband was no support last time as far as supporting me in my natural birth - he kept asking me if I wanted an epidural every 5 minutes for a couple hours. He says he gets it now and will be more supportive...but... Also, he is also freaked out by doing anything but a hospital birth. He is coming to terms with a homebirth and why it's important to me, but I think he would panic and be super freaked if I tried to UC. I think that would probably undermine the most attractive thing about UC to me, that it would be less chaotic and more peaceful and intimate.

When I told him about some of the things I want during the birth he thinks it's weird, and says sarcastically "Why don't you just go off in the woods and have the baby by yourself, and chew the cord off and eat the placenta!"
I told him "That all sounds great, except the chewing the cord!, I'd just use something sterile and sharp instead"
#3 of 12 Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM

We plan to UP/UC right now as long as everything goes smoothly. This will be our first baby and we're both super excited.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#4 of 12 Old 08-06-2008, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Degas- Maybe one day... Reading the UC stories are inspiring though, no matter the type of birth you are planning.

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#5 of 12 Old 08-06-2008, 07:13 PM

Another UP/UC-er here

I discovered UC with my first pregnancy and really wanted to do one then. I wound up having a missed miscarriage that took 8 weeks to complete but I still did it completely unassisted. I had no infection and not even the slightest hint of a complication so feel an amazing amount of trust in my body to do what it's supposed to do when the time is right.

DH is completely on board and was the one to introduce me to water birth and lotus birthing. He's there behind me 100% in believing that this is the best way to bring our child(ren) into the world. I feel so lucky to have him

I'm about as low-risk as one can get, so we're anticipating an uneventful pregnancy and straightforward birth.
#6 of 12 Old 08-06-2008, 07:50 PM

Not exactly... because I do plan to have a trusted sister midwife attend my birth. But, as a midwife, my favorite births are where I sit back and witness the birth unfold into the parents hands.

Our plan is to catch our own baby with my sister midwife quietly witnessing.
#7 of 12 Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Definitely considering it!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#8 of 12 Old 08-13-2008, 12:51 PM

I may be. I consider myself an UC birther, though dh felt more comfortable last time with a midwife there.

No one did anything I did not ask them to do. Midwife did catch baby as I chose not to at the moment.

For some UCers, I don't count. For me, it was EXACTLY what I wanted. So maybe Empowered Non-coersive Birth is a better fit for me.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#9 of 12 Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 PM

i'd love to, but dh is not for it...so we'll have a hands off m/w in attendance.. hopefully!

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#10 of 12 Old 08-13-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
So maybe Empowered Non-coersive Birth is a better fit for me.
Now that's quotable! Awesome!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#11 of 12 Old 08-13-2008, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am very similar to AngelBee. My last birth was a homebirth with a very laid back MW. I got to choose when I had prenatals, so I had very few, she didn't do anything other then feel, listen to baby, and check my BP. And during DD2's birth, she stayed in the living room, just waiting if I needed anything. It was perfect for us, she has since retired from doing home births. I know the other MW's in my area, and will not use them. I am perfectly ok with a UC, DH is actually considering it this time around as well!

I will be gone with the girls for most of this fall for DD1's therapy (she has SPD), we'll be back before X-Mas, and I'll see what I want then. There is only MW I will consider, she lives over 70 miles from me over a mountain pass. April in the mountains of CO is very uncertain, it could be balmy or a blizzard so there is no telling if she was my MW if she could even get over the pass to my area.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#12 of 12 Old 08-14-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony View Post
I am very similar to AngelBee. My last birth was a homebirth with a very laid back MW. I got to choose when I had prenatals, so I had very few, she didn't do anything other then feel, listen to baby, and check my BP. And during DD2's birth, she stayed in the living room, just waiting if I needed anything. It was perfect for us, she has since retired from doing home births. I know the other MW's in my area, and will not use them. I am perfectly ok with a UC, DH is actually considering it this time around as well!

I will be gone with the girls for most of this fall for DD1's therapy (she has SPD), we'll be back before X-Mas, and I'll see what I want then. There is only MW I will consider, she lives over 70 miles from me over a mountain pass. April in the mountains of CO is very uncertain, it could be balmy or a blizzard so there is no telling if she was my MW if she could even get over the pass to my area.
Totally OT, but we might be neighbors- I live on the western side of Pike's Peak.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page