Weekly Chat: August 7 to August 14 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I missed a doula client's birth last night. She called me at 6:15 to tell me she was at 3cm and so I headed that way and got another call at 7:58 to tell me the baby was here. When I got there the mw said that she went from 5cm to holding her baby in 11 minutes. She didn't get any breaks between contractions and just kept repeating how intense it was and how she was still just in shock. I'm sad I missed it but when I left they were all eating and doing well. She had 2 hospital births before and after we met and started talking more she checked with her insurance and then switched to homebirth. I still can't believe that I'm going to have a baby!

I guess m/s is here to stay. I was afraid it was just going to keep getting worse, as it has over the past week, but I guess I've plateaued at constant sickness. I am not keeping anything down mostly b/c it's so hard to make myself eat. I already have so much back pain that I'm actually getting worried about getting bigger. Is it safe to go to a chiro that doesn't have training with pregnant women b/c there aren't any within an hour of me but I really think it would help. I'm going to go try and drink and eat something.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 09:01 PM

Guin- I hope you have a great trip!

Rochelle- I hope my labor is that fast!

I started spotting last night, and it's gotten heavier today. I checked my cervix and it's open, so it looks like I'm having a m/c. This will be my 3rd.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#63 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 09:14 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry Erin.
I just had a mc in June. I know how sad and disappointing it is.
I hope you're just having a little normal spotting and everything is ok, but in either case... take care of yourself. :

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#64 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
I missed a doula client's birth last night. She called me at 6:15 to tell me she was at 3cm and so I headed that way and got another call at 7:58 to tell me the baby was here. When I got there the mw said that she went from 5cm to holding her baby in 11 minutes. She didn't get any breaks between contractions and just kept repeating how intense it was and how she was still just in shock. I'm sad I missed it but when I left they were all eating and doing well. She had 2 hospital births before and after we met and started talking more she checked with her insurance and then switched to homebirth. I still can't believe that I'm going to have a baby!
I had one birth like that, just one: Charlotte, baby #4. I had been in labor for maybe an hour and a half, nurse checked me, I was 6 cm, she asked if I was doing okay b/c she needed to step out and check on another patient. I said yes, I was fine, she left, and then suddenly I started shouting, "Baby! Baby!" DH, poor guy, was a bit like a deer in headlights once he realized that he was the only one there to catch. Miss Charlotte rocketed on into the world less than 2 mins. after the nurse left the room. : I don't even remember pushing, to be honest. It was like a roller coaster and I was just hanging on for dear life. What a ride that was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelsMommy View Post
I started spotting last night, and it's gotten heavier today. I checked my cervix and it's open, so it looks like I'm having a m/c. This will be my 3rd.
Oh, mama, I'm so, so sorry. : I hope it doesn't happen.

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#65 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 10:06 PM

i'm sorry, erin.
fwiw, i had a CNM in the er tell me my cervix was open once and the shift changed and an md came in and said "i wanna check it again; i dont think its really open..." checked and said it is sometimes difficult to tell if you have had a previous vaginal birth and that with me it was loose on the outside but actually really still closed.
i dont really know what it is supposed to feel like tho. you may know your body really well. just hoping you are mistaken about m/c, and either way im sorry you are seeing blood.

Mama to 3 boys 

#66 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I keep trying to remind myself that some spotting is normal, but every time it happens to me it ends in a m/c. My cervix is definitely open, I check it throughout my cycle to see when I'm fertile since I don't get enough sleep to temp. It is usually only open this much around O time. I'm just hoping it will magically stop overnight and never come back.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#67 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh mama, I hope that wee one sticks. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#68 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Oh mama, I hope that wee one sticks. I'm so sorry you are going through this.
(couldn't find the "yeah, that" smiley)

But, you will be in my thoughts.

Carol
Momma to Patrick (8) Corey (7) Lilah- My UBA2C (11 months)
#69 of 80 Old 08-12-2008, 11:23 PM

I'm so sorry Erin! I hope that your little bean sticks and that this is just some normal spotting!!!!
#70 of 80 Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelsMommy View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. I keep trying to remind myself that some spotting is normal, but every time it happens to me it ends in a m/c. My cervix is definitely open, I check it throughout my cycle to see when I'm fertile since I don't get enough sleep to temp. It is usually only open this much around O time. I'm just hoping it will magically stop overnight and never come back.
Erin-- I'm sorry that your spotting : that it stops and your little bean stays put.
#71 of 80 Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 PM

RachelsMommy -
Thinking of you, I hope this one sticks momma,
#72 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 12:52 AM

Guin~ I hope that you get a terrific homebirth (or a terrific hospital birth, if that's where you need to be).

erin~ I'm sending sticky baby vibes your way.

My daughter has decided that she wants to be a baby. She's doing a fake crying thing "wah, wah", asking to be spoon-fed (despite the fact that she wasn't spoon-fed as a baby), wants to be carried everywhere, etc. I thought this was supposed to happen *after* the baby comes?

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#73 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 12:59 AM

aw, that's sweet, Mel. Bless her little heart. guess she is already feeling attention on the new baby. now ya'll have a fun new game to play! I think you should hold her like a little baby and tell her she will always be your baby and that she has the special position of being your first baby and that she is lucky she gets to be your baby and can be a big girl too. i sure would be pointing out ways its more exciting to be a big girl and how babies cant do much.
of course im not telling you what to do, mama just chattin, lol!

Mama to 3 boys 

#74 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
aw, that's sweet, Mel. Bless her little heart. guess she is already feeling attention on the new baby. now ya'll have a fun new game to play! I think you should hold her like a little baby and tell her she will always be your baby and that she has the special position of being your first baby and that she is lucky she gets to be your baby and can be a big girl too. i sure would be pointing out ways its more exciting to be a big girl and how babies cant do much.
of course im not telling you what to do, mama just chattin, lol!
That's totally how we're handling it. And she is my baby still The peeing all over is just slightly less charming now.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#75 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 03:38 AM

I posted a few days ago to this thread about my weight gain. when i went back to the doctor's office today i weighed in at just under 5lbs more than when i was there 9 days ago. as i said, when i posted before, this sure seems excessive. so i asked him about it and here's what he said: "we used to advise women not to gain more than a certain number of lbs in pregnancy because there was evidence that excessive weight gain could cause (cant remember if he said eclampsia or toxemia), but this has been proven not true. i am not concerned at all about weight gain with you. you dont be either. eat enough good food, dont gorge on junk and dont worry at all about how much weight you do or do not gain."
ok, so im thinking, makes sense, makes me feel better, nice doctor.
but then he says this in response to my asking him about natural childbirth: "(looks at his computer with my chart showing) well, you have delivered vaginally so barring any complications, there is no reason why you could not do so again." : i didnt ask him if he wanted to do a csection; i wanted to know if he could support a natural childbirth- as ds' vaginal birth was medically overmanaged- induced, AROM, 2 epidurals, huge episiotomy, vaccuum extraction. yet this doc implies that is the same thing as natural birth! oh well i only went to him because i was cramping early on and wanted to have an early u/s to determine viability. today i found a homebirth midwife in town and have begun a correspondence. she did tell me that the alabama laws are not favorable and mentioned that if i am still interested she could suggest another alternative. im anxious to hear what that is....

Mama to 3 boys 

#76 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 04:12 AM

I couldn't sleep last night...not because I got up to pee three times or my little two year old nursed a couple times...or because I was cold (yes, cold)...but because I HAVE A MOSQUITO BITE ON THE BOTTOM OF MY FOOT!!!! Oh my gosh! I finally put some tea-tree oil on it, and that helps for a little bit. Then of course it was itching like crazy today while I was pushing a big kid cart around Lowe's today helping my mother-in-law compare and contrast (for like 20 minutes!) deck stain.

Don't ask about the rest of my day (4 year old cut her thumb open with a pairing knife, bleed all over the kitchen floor, so 7 year old freaks out, so 2 year old freaks out...so we rushed to the doctor's office where she needed stitches but they used purple skin glue instead) plus all of the other normal/crazy things in a regular day.
#77 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 11:02 AM

oh no, that sounds like a stressful day! funny that your 2 and 7 yo freaked out but not the 4 yo who was hurt. that must have been scary.
FWIW, we live in mosquito central and i have found the best thing to reduce the itch is lavender oil. im allergic to them, apparently, and they love me- if i go outside for just a few minutes at dusk i will come in covered in quarter size swollen itchy bites. if i get immediately into a tub with lavender oil they will disappear. for one or two bites i just apply a drop of lavender with a qtip. tto is probably helpful, but not so much with the itchiness. for me, anyway.

Mama to 3 boys 

#78 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 PM

Hey, mamas, just subbing and looking forward to chatting with you guys! I felt like something was off yesterday, so I went for a vag u/s and had blood work done. From the u/s it appeared that everything was fine!! I saw the little heartbeat right away, and the baby measured exactly where I thought and they gave me the same due date as FF.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#79 of 80 Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 PM

awesome news, katie! i hope thats all any of us hear for the next many months (good news and strong hbs).

Mama to 3 boys 

#80 of 80 Old 08-15-2008, 06:21 PM

Hi everyone! I'm doing well... 6 1/2 weeks along. No real morning sickness, thank goodness. I was rereading my journal today to figure out when my MS got so bad last time, and it was around 8 1/2 wks that I started "losing" things I ate, and about 10 wks when I got dehydrated and needed to go on medication. I felt so silly when I realized that it wasn't normal to not be able to keep down liquids!

Anyway, I'm enjoying being able to eat while I can : and am really enjoying cheese sticks right now.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page