Anybody not get in contact w/ their dr/midwife as yet - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-08-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The midwife he delivered DS doesn't do appointments until 12weeks. She did 8 weeks with me though because I had a lot of questions. But I am wondering if I should call to schedule one for 12 weeks or wait until I am closer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-08-2008, 12:21 PM

I'm not sure which midwife I'll be using this time, so I've contacted them for an interview appt. I want to pick someone before they are no longer accepting April clients! Once I pick one I won't have an actual appt. until about 12 weeks.

Mama to three wonderful boys and a fabulous baby girl.
My heartfelt thanks to all those that have donated milk to others; you are amazing
#3 of 11 Old 08-08-2008, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2boys View Post
I'm not sure which midwife I'll be using this time, so I've contacted them for an interview appt. I want to pick someone before they are no longer accepting April clients! Once I pick one I won't have an actual appt. until about 12 weeks.
I know which one I want, so I guess I should call her and just alert her then. I guess I will call now just to make sure she will come down to where I moved, I am now about an hour from her before I think it was like 30-35mins.
#4 of 11 Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM

I'd give her a call now and give the heads-up. I've already had a few phone calls for April clients (which I'm obviously having to refer out to other midwives!) and I could have 4 March due dates already if I wasn't taking off from births after 36 weeks.
#5 of 11 Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 PM

I haven't called my CNM/OB office yet. Probably should... just to get in schedule.

Now that more people are starting to know about April due dates, I REALLY should get in touch with the homebirth CNM. She's the only one in this region, so is in high demand.

I also need to make some decisions regarding doulas. My preferred one is pregnant now... she's probably not going to be up to doula-ing with a two month old!
#6 of 11 Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 PM

I haven't yet. I fall under military healthcare (Tricare) aand theey require you to come in for a pregnancy test before theey consider you to be pregnant. It is a urine test, however, and is less sensitive than OTC preg. tests. Wheen I got pregnant with my DS, they told me I wasn't pregnant aand I had tto go back a week later. This time I am waiting until a later DPO before I bother having them test me. They refuse to do blood tests unless you see a doctor first so that isn't an option either. Once they "tell" me I am pregnant, I will be referred off-base, so it will be another week or two before I schedule an appointment. We just moved to this area so I don't know how long before I'll be seen.

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)
#7 of 11 Old 08-08-2008, 06:07 PM

I have! I am using the same midwife who caught my first baby 10 months ago. I'm really excited! My first appointment is around 10 weeks (since I'm a second-timer). Right now I am only 5 wks, so I have 5 more wks to go. I am, however, having a dating US done in two weeks since I know I'm due sometime in April, but not exactly sure when. I thought I was in lactational amenhorrea when I conceived!

Bradley Teacher, Doula, Wife To DH (6 yrs), Mama to DS (9/07), DS (4/09), and due in February of 2011
#8 of 11 Old 08-10-2008, 02:56 AM

i don't even know who my midwife will be yet...but my dr. (ND) is my good friend so we've already done my initial blood work...

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#9 of 11 Old 08-11-2008, 01:11 AM

I called my doctor and scheduled myself for an 8 week appointment on Aug 28 (they don't see you until you are 8 weeks I guess)

I know a MW is covered under insurance, I want to talk it over with the doc to see if there are any he's worked with before and can recommend. I'd like the two to get along and share ideals. I like my doc immensely, he was VERY pro bf at birth, avoiding C/S, very relaxed attitude etc. I wasn't intervened with too much, and was allowed to go as natural as I wanted. I had a low grade epi, specifically requested no pitocin, and they really understand my birth plan. Labour was FUN, we joked around a lot. We even watched TV while dd was being born, I'm embarrased to admit, lol.

DD was a "meconium baby" even though she was 10 days early, and they kept her in the room with me, and kept her in her little bed only long enough to make sure her lungs were clear, then she was bfing right away!
#10 of 11 Old 08-11-2008, 02:54 PM

I have set an appt w/ a CNM practice.

But I am sorta in limbo right now. I had my frist son through a big ob practice and I was induced. It was a pretty horrible induction and I can't remember why the doctor pushed the induction in the first place. It was my fault because I was scared of delivery and choose not to educate myself.

I talked to a doula right after finding out I was pg and she referred this CNM practice. They didn't want to see me until 11 weeks. Then last week I had some bleeding and I called them. The receptionist (who I don't believe is a nurse) told me to go to the ER since I was a new patient they wouldn't see me. I didn't want to go to the ER so I called the ob practice that still assumes I am patient there. They did an ultrasound and confirmed everything was okay.

Now I'm left unhappy with treatment I received at the CNM office and with questions I would like answered before my 11 week appt.
#11 of 11 Old 08-11-2008, 03:10 PM

i haven't made any appts yet or even picked whether i want a OB or midwife. locally there is a practice with 2 midwifes and 2 OB that most people love. the hospital is very small and friendly but i don't know how natural. if i want to drive an hour to appt there is a great hospital that i heard is pretty natural and most people choose to go there. i don't want to drive that far for every appt though.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page