Is it just me? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or is anyone else feeling ultra moody/sensitive/weepy?

I feel like I'm having PMS, only times ten. I've yelled at my dd three times in the past three days, and I never do that.

A few days ago I was feeling fine but now I am just sad and so sensitive. My dp unfortunately is not being very understanding either. The other day I was crying and told him how exhausted I was and he said, "From what? You haven't been doing anything." I have a 3yo so obviously that is not true.

My last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at around this time so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. I am usually a very strong and happy person but right now I feel utterly fragile.
#2 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 03:21 PM

Well, DH and I got into a minor spat last night and I spent the night in the guestroom (very unusual for me.) And I've cried twice already today at things I've read in the news and on the internet, so I'd say a resounding, "No, it's not just you!" to that question.

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
#3 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 03:46 PM

Agreed. I have been feeling close to tears much more than usual. The other day I found myself crying and thinking, "I want my mommy!"

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#4 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 04:04 PM

I have been a GIANT roller coaster lately.
We went to the Irish Fair yesterday and I cried watching the little girls dance.
yup- like actual tears.
my DH bought fat-free cheese and it wouldn't melt on the enchiladas I made for dinner and I had to hold back from freaking out on him.
but- then this morning I told him I think I've actually lost a little weight in the early part of this pg (I made some major food changes right before we found out and I've been eating like crazy small portions lately in an effort to keep food down w/ babe) and he said "well that's ok cuz you have some to spare." Which- I know is him trying to be supportive- like so I don't freak out and think babe's getting no nourishment while you're wasting away...but he's not the best with words occasionally... Anyway- point is- I laughed. what? I cried over kids dancing, got mad over cheese and laugh at that comment?? ROLLER COASTER.
#5 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 04:43 PM

I felt this way really bad when I first found out. I, too, think mine was particularly bad because of having lost babies last time. I think the hormones hit me immediately with moodiness and it was easy for me to go in the sad direction. I realized I was kinda mourning in fear for this one and decided that wouldn't do. If I do lose this, then I will go thru that then. in the meantime I have worked hard to stay positive and hopeful and try to turn negativity as soon as I feel it. I know that stress will not help me in any way and so when I begin to feel bad I do some "Wooo- shahhhhs." (DP helped me by suggesting I say/do this, and it is really helpful). I just decided not to go down into any bad feelings but this was after I cried repeatedly for many days- so i did get alot out and it seemed necessary at the time. like i said, it was a conscious decision to not feel that anymore and I guess i also got physiologically used to the hormones and they aren't pulling me so strongly anymore. So, to put it more succintly, I feel much better now and you can too. good luck.

Mama to 3 boys 

#6 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 05:28 PM

Moody = me. I thought it was too early too.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#7 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 PM

Sensitive and weepy...yes!

It was the thing that made me think I was pregnant. I took the test yesterday, and here I am!

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#8 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 07:53 PM

I've always been very emotional, but it's worse when I'm pregnant. Watching the Olympics I'm either grinning like a madwoman or sobbing like a baby. I even cried during the homily at Mass today.
I was ready for this, though--it was the same when I was pregnant with my daughter and I cry at commercials when I'm not pregnant, so....

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

#9 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 07:57 PM

Terribly moody. It's really only been the past few days for me though. Silly things bring tears to my eyes, DH can't stop annoying me, everyone smells bad, etc. Does this last all 9 months?!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#10 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 08:31 PM

to All of us.

It is an emotional rollar coaster since I first saw the two lines appear on the pregnancy test. Very hormonal and yes, feels like PMS X 100. My poor dh. But he has been forewarned.
#11 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 08:42 PM

Yep, me too. Very PMS-like.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#12 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 08:47 PM

I have been moody also.. Cranky one day.. really happy another..
Guess that all comes with pregnancy..lol.. I have been having some headaches also.. with some nausea.. I think I feel like im going to get sick from the headaches.. I hope this dosent last long..

Hope you all are doing good...:
does anyone know how to get a ticker on here.. mine just shows a link??
any help would be appreciated..
#13 of 13 Old 08-10-2008, 08:53 PM

im totally emotional and crabby towards poor dp. im really hoping this is a GOOD sign since i had that spotting yesterday. i was also slightly nauseated this am and had to make myself eat breakfast, which im hoping is a good sign too!

i have to add into this- i actually got MAD at dp for scrubbing down the inside of the fridge and doing the dishes because "it was making me feel guilty"- HAHAHA.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page