Timing - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birthtenders View Post
oh damn. Sheesh, and I thought it was just commercials that made me well up...
I am *really* trying not to dwell on it too much. We aren't finding out the sex of the baby and we are hoping he can webcam in for the birth. If he can, my midwife is going to show him the baby parts first so he can tell me what the gender is. I hope it works out.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 03:02 PM

Good: I have tried 4 times to have a spring (March/April/May) baby. I always got preg WAY quicker that I thought I would (even my 2 m/c) so I've always been due in Oct. or Feb. I'm finally due in APRIL!!

Bad: Not that this is really a big deal, but it is the only "bad" thing I can think of. DH just informed me that April will be his BUSIEST month EVER for work. He is an environmental chemist at a power plant and commutes 1 hr away and will be working nights alot that month. He normally works straight Mon-Thurs 10 hrs per day. I HATE being alone at night--especally when very pregnant or with a tiny baby.

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#33 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Good: This baby will probably come around May 1st and 2-3 weeks later my parents will be home for the summer (extra help, yay!!)

Good: We just bought a house that we love and it really suits us as a family

Good: I will be pregnant with a few other family members and at least one friend (fun!)

Bad: Winter is our slow time (DH is self employed) so we'll have to try to save up now for the midwife, AND I don't know if we will qualify for mainecare come October (in case of an emergency c/s)

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#34 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
I am *really* trying not to dwell on it too much. We aren't finding out the sex of the baby and we are hoping he can webcam in for the birth. If he can, my midwife is going to show him the baby parts first so he can tell me what the gender is. I hope it works out.
That is so sweet :

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#35 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 03:24 PM

Good: I love pregnancies that end in the spring (this will be our third April baby ) My sister has an almost 1yo so we'l be able to get a lot of hand me downs.

Bad: Work has been slow for DH, and doesn't look like it's going to turn around anytime soon. My parents really want us to go with them on a family vacation in late February; I'm not really liking the idea of traveling with three kids at 34/35 weeks PG.

Mama to three wonderful boys and a fabulous baby girl.
My heartfelt thanks to all those that have donated milk to others; you are amazing
#36 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Good: We both really really really really want this baby!!!!
We're currently moving into an adorable house that will be perfect for our new little family.
Between my savings and dp's salary, I can take a few years off ( !)

Bad: I'm cutting my grad school short (leaving with a Masters in Nov instead of finishing with the phD as planned).
My family lives too far away.. I would really love to share all of this with them so much more than I can from a distance... my mom has been fantasizing about her first grandchild for YEARS but now we're a plane flight away.

But I'm feeling so overwhelmed with the good that it's hard to dwell on the bad.

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#37 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
Good: I wanted a new baby. It was a now or never choice.

Bad: My husband is leaving in January for a 13 month stint in Iraq.
Oh, man, mama! I'm sorry!

Good: My due date is like perfect for the school year. I'm going to have the baby, and then will only have eight weeks left in the school year, so I may not have to go back.

Bad: With that said, I teach yearbook, so May is the month that we pass everything out, I tie up all loose ends, finalize the budge, etc. I'm thinking that even thought I will be on leave, I will have to still be quite involved. And I don't get paid maternity leave. I'm hoping to have enough sick days built up.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#38 of 38 Old 08-14-2008, 03:49 PM

Good:
-I'm glad I won't be heavily pregnant during the hot summer.
-We just decided 2 months ago that we were ready to have #2, and here we are.
-I'm glad our kids won't be too far apart in age as we plan on homeschooling.
-My cousin is 2 months more pregnant than me, so they will be really close in age.
-My work recently switched me from being a contract worker to an employee which means 1 year Mat leave.
-I'm happy that I'm young for the pregnancy (27)
-I'm happy that I got back to pre-pregnancy weight and I'm in pretty good shape.

Bad:
-I wish our finances were better, debts paid off.
-I wish we could find a home for our cats.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page