boobs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-13-2008, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying not to stress about this pregnancy despite just having a miscarriage in June, but I just have to ask... when did your boobs start getting sore / bigger?

Last time, it was the first thing to happen to me. I was sure I was pg before I took a test and before my period was even late because of my big sore boobs! (and we weren't even ttc yet so I wasn't looking for signs like I am now!)

So anyway, I've taken 4 pg tests this month (yes four! ) each one getting progressively darker, so my hormones are doing their thing (yay hormones! ), but I still don't have any symptoms at all (only 4.5 weeks so I really shouldn't expect any!) I'm just curious when everyone else started noticing changes.

Thanks ladies!

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 PM

mine are bigger, a bit sore, but not like they were a week ago. i do get random pangs though. i was wondering the same thing. im also about 4.5 weeks along. i was wondering, is it normal to not feel anything going on with my uterus?? lol. i had some mild cramping over the weekend and that was about it. it seems like i should be feeling SOMETHING down there, ya know? lol! i did feel super nauseated this morning, which im not particulary excited about!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#3 of 11 Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 PM

i had the same deal. all 3 previous pgs sore boobs were my earliest and most bothersome sign. this time it has been different. my breasts felt completely normal not sore swollen or anything for more than 2 weeks after i found out i am pg. i think this is because they practiced so much while i was pg with twins which i miscarried.
i am 6w2d now and they are finally starting to swell some and to be a tiny little bit sore. i posted a couple of weeks ago about this same thing because it was worrying me, but i saw my baby on ultrasound today and everything looks fine. guess we just lucked out this time!

Mama to 3 boys 

#4 of 11 Old 08-13-2008, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

thanks

and congrat on that ultrasound ms.shell!!! that is absolutely wonderful!

Shanti- treehugger.gif Momma to Astrid Mathildestillheart.gif (3/14/10) and expecting a new addition stork-suprise.gif (3/27/12)!

#5 of 11 Old 08-13-2008, 11:43 PM

Same here - majorly sore boobs right at 4 weeks last time. Now, at 4.5 weeks, NOTHING! I'm nursing too so I figured I'd feel something. I go tomorrow for my second round of bloodwork but so far all of my levels were right on. I'm sure it's fine but it definitely makes me little nervous.

Isn't it funny how we would complain about sore boobs if we had them, but are stressing because we don't?

Wife to DH (September '05) and mama to energy.gifEzri (August '07), superhero.gif Oz (April '09) and slingboy.gif Ezekiel (August '11).

#6 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 12:38 AM

i had sore boobs INSTANTLY with my DS and a bit with my DD, but nothing this time around yet. i suppose when DD nurses it's a bit more uncomfortable, but barely.
#7 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 AM

I was EPing for my son until July 7th (his first birthday, had to wean him from EBM due to his multiple severe allergies). I went a week- maybe two- where my boobs felt 'normal' again. I still leaked tiny amounts, but I'd cut way back on pumping over the course of a month so I didn't end up with mastitis.

One of the things that made me suspect I might be pregnant is that the week after O, I started feeling heavy in the boobs again. No real milk leaking, but just a fullness (they are huge, so it's hard to see the minute changes, lol).

The following week, I started getting pangs in them now and then. Then it went to full-on lumpy feelings (I call it Gravel Boobies), just like when I missed a pumping session.

I have a few cysts (they run in my family) that bothered me toward the end of my last pregnancy, and they are making a fuss now and then. I chalk that all up to active hormones, which is reassuring, if that makes any sense.
#8 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Honestly, I don't remember having sore breasts at all with my first born. This time, I have them, and how! Started around 4 weeks.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#9 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 01:31 PM

I had sore boobs when preg. with dd, but don't remember ever having sore boobs with my ds (I was nursing while preg with him). This time it is the first (and so far only symptom) I have. Weird! Maybe it means I'm having another girl?? Or maybe it means that my boobs are tougher while nursing??

Mama to DD 8 * DS 6 * DS 2
Expecting #4 Late Nov 2011
#10 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 06:22 PM

Sore boobs usually show up somtime in the first trimester for me, but every pregnancy has been different. Symptoms have shown up and lasted for different times and the severity has been different for all of the pregnancies.
#11 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 PM
jkg

With DS1, I didn't have any soreness (or really any symptoms at all) until about 8 weeks. With DS2, I noticed discomfort right away, but it was probably because I was nursing DS1. This time the soreness is not so intense yet.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page