Gulf Coast Mamas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-31-2008, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do we have any Gulf Coast mamas here? I hope you're already evacuating and getting far, far away from hurricane gustav!

BE SAFE!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-31-2008, 04:07 PM

that's sweet, bebe. i was wondering if there is anyone else in this ddc being affected by this storm.
i'm with you; if anyone is in seLA; I hope they are gone or going.
we are in Mobile and feel very safe about staying here. im busy today getting ready- hauling a ton of potted plants into the garage, baking, just general preparations. it looks like it will hit well to the west of us but we are prepared for a landfall in mobile.
i would almost rather it shift this way so as to spare Katrinaland. I know there are so many people who are just now working on rebuilding and i am really worried for those people again now.
good news is the storm has continued weakening and looks much less nasty lately. i hope everyone here will pray for the folks in NOLA and south Mississippi that the storm will continue weakening and/or turn significantly one way or the other.

Mama to 3 boys 

#3 of 4 Old 08-31-2008, 11:15 PM

we're in Houston. my parents are freaking out about us evacuating, but all signs point to Louisiana at this point. I really think we're OK staying here. Time will tell I guess....

XOXO
B

mama to Milena Anjali (4/26/06) and Vincent Asher (4/13/09) ~ married to the love of my life since 2002.
#4 of 4 Old 09-01-2008, 12:07 PM

Hi y'all - Thanks for thinking of us New Orleanians! (I'm a lurker, but I just had to chime in here.) We're currently evacuated in Baton Rouge. Things are looking good and hopefully we'll be home soon.

-suzy (due april 2nd)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page