Cautiously joining after history of m/c - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-01-2008, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all. I have been reading all of your posts and find this board a source of great support. Its great to read about what everyone else is going thru, and to know I'm not alone. I didn't want to jump the gun and join too soon, as I have history of miscarriages. I finally made it to to 5 1/2 weeks, and have a due date of April 29th.
More about me: I have 2 kids: aged 6 1/2 and 4 1/2, had an ectopic between them. I then had 3 miscarriages after my youngest was born. It's been a long road to say the least. I'm almost 6 weeks, and so far so good: 1st hcg was 4327, 2nd hcg was 10551. Progesterone has gone from 17.2 with the first blood draw, and 24 with the second. We saw the gestational sac with yolk sac last week, and I go back this Weds to hopefully see a heartbeat at 6 weeks. This is the farthest I've gotten without m/c, so I'm becoming more optimistic.
I'm doing lots of things to 'stay pregnant': . mayan abdominal massage, weekly acupuncture, raspberry leaf tea, baby aspirin, high dose folic acid, progesterone suppositories and lots of prayer. I'm excited, but cautious. I keep reminding myself not to get ahead of myself and just enjoy each day that I am pregnant.
I am a working mom, and have a busy holistic family practice ( yes, that means NO vaccines in my office!). I am a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Thank you all for allowing me to use you as a great source of support.
#2 of 8 Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Welcome! Glad to have you.

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#3 of 8 Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM

Welcome and for you

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#4 of 8 Old 09-01-2008, 01:27 PM

welcome! i totally understand your hesitation, but we are here for you regardless... i just made it to the point where we lost our last baby and so far so good.. this board seems to be a lucky one..

we are here for you if you need us...

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#5 of 8 Old 09-01-2008, 01:44 PM

Congrats and welcome! I am not sure of my due date yet, but like you I had a u/s that showed a yolk sac and put me at about 5 weeks. This week I'll be 6 and 1/2 weeks or so and hoping to see a h/b at the u/s on Thursday. So good luck to you on Wednesday and keep me in mind for Thursday! I had a m/c in November and this has been surreal to me, I just can't get excited yet and am trying to remain optimistic. I feel sick though, so that is a good sign!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#6 of 8 Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks all. Its great to be with others going thru the same thing. Heatherweh: sounds like we're in the same boat and have a due date within days of each other. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday!! Elaine
#7 of 8 Old 09-02-2008, 09:05 AM

Welcome Elaine There are quite a few of us here who are pregnant after loss(es) chatting here
#8 of 8 Old 09-02-2008, 10:27 AM

Welcome!! I completely understand your hesitation!! Congrats on getting this far!!:

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page