vent...no rest for the weary pregnant lady. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dd is 2.5 and on some weird growth-spurt schedule. to bed at her normal 7pm, but up 2 hours early, hungry, at 5 am. usually awake around 4:30. it is killing me. i have to work at night, so i'm up until at least 10pm.

well, now she's getting a cold, and we napped today (She usually doesn't..stays up too late). we slept this morning. it is now 10:30pm and she's miserable, tired and won't sleep. past experience tells me that she'll be up at 5, as usual. and no nap for us tomorrow, don't want a repeat late, miserable night.

so how the heck do i do this? up at 4:30-5, no nap, up till 10:30, up again at 4:30-5. soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired. dh is in grad school full time, plus working 40 hour+ weeks, so he's not much of a help. UGH. and we works all weekend this weekend for a conference, so i don't even get a little extra rest then. i'm stressed, cranky, short-tempered, pukey, tired, no fun for the kiddo. and i had spotting and cramping last week, so am on orders to "rest extra/take it easy." riiiiiiiiiight.

mountain loving, nursing, homebirthing mama to beany (12.05), zoomy (4.09), and one more in january.
#2 of 4 Old 09-03-2008, 11:32 PM

Do you have any friends or family who could give you a hand? I'm sorry you are so stressed. Please take care of yourself Mama!

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#3 of 4 Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 AM

Wowee, you have way too much on your plate.
I say, ask for help!
Friends, family, someone.... She's old enough for a little preschool program.
My daughter is starting a co-op preschool 2's class. It's just two mornings a week for a couple of hours but it's a little break.
She's been unusually grouchy and short-tempered lately (growth spurt? I have no idea). Combined with first trimester pregnancy... I'm really looking forward to a little regular break from her.
#4 of 4 Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

sadly, no preschool program for us. we don't vaccinate yet, and our state (WV) is one of the 2 that allows for absolutely no exemptions. it is even incredibly challenging to get a medical exemption. typically requires a series of appeals--i have a friend who's son is extremely autistic, and she has to homeschool. bummer. so she's with me. our closest family is 2.5 hours away (my parents), and while they love to come down and visit and help, they both work full time as physical therapists, so they really can't just drop everything and come down--plus, they've been canoeing in the alaska wilderness for a week with friends and don't get back till saturday. they're quite active they're taking dd next weekend for her first weekend away from us so that dh and i can go on a retreat--something that is restful, quite, reflective. but that's a week and a half away. i'm definitely going to be working less so i can sleep more, but we have a hard time getting by on one income--and i'm not talking saving for vacation...we're on a shoestring. so if i'm not working enough, i'm stressed about finances. UGH. we've only been living here for a year, and don't have any close enough friends yet to hang out with my kiddo while she's sick although a friend did bring 2 nights of dinners by the other night, which was SO nice. so i haven't had to cook anything, or put it on dh, who is paper writing like mad for school.

ok, vent over, for now....

mountain loving, nursing, homebirthing mama to beany (12.05), zoomy (4.09), and one more in january.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page