morning sickness, saddness, just down right mushed up feelings - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-08-2008, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so lost. I didn't have all this my last pregnancy. It is so hard having a toddler (3) who wants to play play play. She does pretty good on her own but really I can't expect her to do that all day long. My sickness is bad this time. I was in the hospital last week for fluids and have finially gotten over the throwing up 4 times a day and being dehydrated...but today I've gotten sick once and am struggling to eat and keep it down. I have no appetite and definatly not for fruits/veggies. I can't eat soup or drink tea due to what happened with my throat last week after three days of throwing it up. I feel miserable. DH was home all last week but this week he has to work and even overtime! How am I going to get my girl food for two meals and snacks. I can barley stand up without heading to the bathroom. Preggie pops worked the last two days but are not cutting it today. I have some prescription nasea meds but they havn't helped today either. Just feeling so crummy and crying all day long. Can't even stomach calling a friend as conversation would push me over the top.... And to top it all off we had an emotional last week as I had bleeding, that still hasn't stopped but thanks to an ultrasound it is due to a small hemmorage and not where the baby is...I'm relieved but I still wish the bleeding would stop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 PM

i am not from your ddc but all I can say is breath mama breathe.
suck on some ginger.
a good meal you might be able to keep down in rice and beans- white rice and black beans...and beleive it or not Franks red hot (hot sauce) is actually good for your stomach (don't ask me why I just know that a few ingredients are really good for digestion and not the bad kind as in "reah")
stack up books and sit while your toddler pretends to read to you
play "Im sick" and she's the doctor there to help
or play that you are the baby and she needs to be the mama...kids love that kind of stuff and she'll be so pumped that she's getting so much face time with you
Above all sip icy drinks (ginger ale is really good) and relax.

hugs to you mama....and peace!

(now I gotta jet outta this ddc before someone catches me:

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#3 of 8 Old 09-08-2008, 07:57 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. I was just thinking today, my whole family's diet has suffered the past few weeks as my nausea has been at its worst. I know it is really hard to think about food when you are in that place.

Do you have any friends or work acquaintences of your DH that you could ask for help? Most women understand what you are going through so I would imagine they would be happy to help you out without expecting anything in return.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#4 of 8 Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 PM

So sorry you're having a hard time. Just do the very minimum that's necessary and don't expect too much from yourself. Can you give your DD really simple foods that don't require a lot of effort on your part? Maybe your DH could go to the store and stock up on things that don't need a lot of preparation. And don't forget to let your dr. or mw know what's going on. If the anti-nausea meds you have aren't working, maybe they could give you something else to try.

Please be as kind to yourself as you possibly can be! Feeling sad and upset is a completely natural reaction to feeling sick all the time. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner!) you'll feel better, and then things will get easier emotionally as well.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#5 of 8 Old 09-08-2008, 10:54 PM

what a hard thing to be going through. i agree with trying to prepare dd some easy snacks/ meals. hope you start feeling better soon

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#6 of 8 Old 09-09-2008, 05:58 PM

I'm so, so sorry for what you are going through. I've been having the all day sickies, too and it's really hard to be happy about this PG right now. I can't even fathom how I'd make it through the day right now if I had another child to take care of. Just do what you can right now and let the rest of it go. Maybe one of your friends can come over w/some meals for your DC or your DH could make some things the night before that you can just warm up for her.

So many hugs for you, I KNOW it's not easy!
#7 of 8 Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you everyone for your posts. I am doing better today. The bleeding has finally stopped. I went to an accupuncterist and it appears to be helping with the nausua. I still vomit twice a day and can't eat until supper time but am sipping on mineral water and Celestial Seasonings zinger tea that appears to help and will hopefully keep me hydradted. My DD has been so comforting to me when I vomit. She is 3 and sits by me patting my back saying "it's okay mama". I was trying to hide it so as not to scare her but she is just fine with it and to tell you the truth I like the comfort! One day at a time.
#8 of 8 Old 09-12-2008, 09:57 AM

wow, what a beautiful thing about your dd. i think it's important to let our kiddos comfort us. it's an empowering feeling to be able to make someone else feel better. and what a sweet little soul she is to do so.

i'd definitely lean on some friends/family members to even just make some food you can freeze so you won't have to "cook" anything. i certainly can't cook right now either. blegh.

hang in there

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page