celestial seasonings raspberry zinger tea safe? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found that the Celestial Seasonings raspberry zinger tea is helping my nausua...but I do feel funny stuff in my belly when I drink it. It could just be stretching. I've read that Red Raspberry Leaf tea can help start labor. I'm 8 weeks so definatly don't want to be creating contractions. THe CS tea has raspberry leaf in it but it is not the highest ingredient. It really does help my nausa but just want to be safe. THanks!
#2 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 04:14 PM

:

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#3 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbass View Post
:
I"m not sure if you meant to write anything or if popcorn eating guy means something?
#4 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 05:22 PM

From what I've seen with these little guys (popcorn-eating guy), they are used when you don't have an answer but are curious as well (waiting and watching to see what "happens"). Which is how I meant it! I love raspberry zinger and would love to hear that it's fine to drink right now. Hope someone has the answer!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#5 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 05:25 PM

That would be fantastic...I bought some before getting pg and I love the stuff. Not to mention I haven't been drinking anything but water and the very occasional ginger ale for 11 weeks!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#6 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 05:46 PM

my mw's recommended raspberry leaf tea to me as a m/s aid, so i'd imagine it's totally fine. i've been drinking the raspberry leaf tea a few times a week since then. i don't like the sweetness of the red raspberry zinger stuff but i think it should be totally fine if the leaf tea is ok.
#7 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Yay! Now to go get some...

#8 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbass View Post
From what I've seen with these little guys (popcorn-eating guy), they are used when you don't have an answer but are curious as well (waiting and watching to see what "happens"). Which is how I meant it! I love raspberry zinger and would love to hear that it's fine to drink right now. Hope someone has the answer!
I'm new to this chat lingo...thanks for setting me straight! I'm glad someone responded. From the internet research I've been doing it appears that the raspberry zinger is not nearly as strong as the actual Red Raspberry Leaf tea, so I'm going on the assumption it should be just fine. I have a midwife group this time and they seem to be more medically minded and I don't even want to ask as I have a feeling they'd say just don't do it as they generally say about most natural rememdies. I miss my last Midwife! But this midwife group is very nice and will respect my wishes for a natural unmedicated birth, I guess I"m still trying to accept this is my only option.: Thanks for those who posted...all others Please still post if you've heard about and/or used this...I love information
#9 of 11 Old 09-11-2008, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Forgot to add that my accupuncterist and chiro physican told me to drink tea water (you soak 1-2 bags of any Celestial Seasonings brand in water, add ice and drink) It saves you from having to make tea and cool it and it's like flavored water...they said it's better than drinking plain water as you get all those added things your body needs. Anyone else heard of this? I love it! I can't do hot teas since I'm still vomiting
#10 of 11 Old 09-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Red Raspberry Leaf tea and Raspberry tea are two different things.

Raspberry Zinger specifically...
Ingredients: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural raspberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), raspberries and raspberry leaves.
http://www.celestialseasonings.com/p...spberry-zinger

More about the Leaf...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_raspberry_leaf

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#11 of 11 Old 09-13-2008, 03:18 AM

Yes to Nancy's post.

The zinger doesn't have anything in it that would or should make you feel funny. If it does, it's probably just between you and the tea. I wouldn't worry unless you felt a tightening in your uterus, in which case, obviously, stop right away. But that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

Raspberry leaf tea does NOT start labor. It helps make uterine contractions more effective and strong, possibly because it has a lot of calcium and other good stuff in it. You can drink RLT at any time during pregnancy. Vitamin C, on the other hand, can cause contractions if you take too much.

Good luck.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page