Weekly Chat: Sept 15 - 21 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 09-19-2008, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polgara1111 View Post
I told all my family and close friends last night. They're all excited.

My brother in law is getting married when I'll be 34 weeks along. My doc told me I can't travel out of state after 32 weeks in case something happens. But I gotta be at that wedding. I've waited 15 years for someone else in my husband's family to get married!

What do you guys think? Would you travel by car to another state 5 hours drive away when you're 34 weeks along? I do have the diabetes issue but I intend to have that all okay long before then. She's just worried that if I have the baby prematurely I will be stuck in another state for 6 weeks and of course my insurance will charge me out of network rates so that is something to consider.

34 weeks? I'd risk it.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 75 Old 09-19-2008, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post

Are any of y'all in maternity clothes yet?
Even though this is my first I am already! I'm 11 weeks and have been wearing them on and off for a couple weeks. I can't fit into my old pants and bigger sizes are usually just so long and weird fitting that maternity is the most comfortable. I haven't been in shirts but I am wearing one of my regular shirts right now that used to be a tiny bit baggy on me and stuff is being shifted around in there and now its tight so I think I need to start wearing shirts too!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
#63 of 75 Old 09-19-2008, 05:07 PM

lol i've been in maternity pants for about 6 or 7 wks now. LMAO ok, fine, i've wearing maternity jeans off and on since my LAST pregnancy. over 3 years ago.

and out of state at 34wks? yeah, i'd risk it. but my kids tend to arrive late, so birth won't even be on my radar by that point.
#64 of 75 Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'v been in maternity pants for a few weeks now. I'm rather thin, and just a 3 lb weight gain plus belly shifting around was enough to make all my old clothes not wearable. Shirts are the hard one right now, they have to be big and long enough, but all my larger shirts are getting too small. Maternity shirts look silly.

We are telling more and more people. I told my family about 1.5 weeks ago, some friends here and there. I was trying to wait until the first tri was over (I'm 9 weeks) till making more general announcements but it's getting hard because some days it's obvious I have a belly!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#65 of 75 Old 09-19-2008, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hi ladies. I'm feeling so darn rotten these days. (TMI alert) On the plus side, I usually only vomit (dry heave, actually, because I can't eat anything) in the middle of the night. Last night when I had to vomit dh was going pee, so I had to vomit in the sink. I don't think my sickness had really registered with until that moment. He's been really supportive and helpful, but I think the resentment has been creeping in, but I instantly noticed a change with him. He kept asking me if I was alright, or if he could get me anything. Seeing is believing.

I've been telling people as of yesterday (I'll be 10 weeks on Sunday). My stomach is so obvious that there was no more hiding it. We told the boys and they've been spreading the word. When I told my parents a few weeks ago I got a crazy surprise. My mom's response to my news was, "has your brother called you?" My little brother just turned 21 (he's 11 years younger than me!) and just moved in with his girlfriend of one year. Turns out, they're expecting just two weeks before me!!!! My boys have no first cousins on my side of the family (my older sister likely can't have kids), so this has been incredibly exciting news for us all. Unfortunately they live on the other side of the country, but I hope (I hope!!) we can move there in a few years.

I've got my first m/w appt on Monday. Hopefullly I'll get to hear the heartbeat.
#66 of 75 Old 09-19-2008, 06:02 PM

Ok....I admit it I have a pair of maternity jeans from the Gap that I've been wearing like everyday. This is my first and I"m only 8 weeks - but they are comfortable! I am still wearing regular shirts and will be for sometime I'm sure. My boobs are so sore - especially when I get out of bed - I can feel a surge of soreness run through them.

Anyone have this......? When I lay down I've been getting a headache. When I get up it goes away. Makes sleeping and napping not as fun!
#67 of 75 Old 09-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Are any of y'all in maternity clothes yet?
Hehe, I basically had to start wearing maternity pants as soon as I peed on the stick I'm wearing Mat jeans and capris and exercise pants.
With shirts, I'm in half regular shirts that are longer and half maternity shirts.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#68 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 AM

Dawn, your belly pic in your blog is beautiful!

I'm ahead on the getting a belly this pregnancy from last time (last time I wore "normal" clothes until after 20 weeks) , but still able to wear my normal clothes during the day. I have an evening bloat and switch to something low rise or maternity pants when I get home from work. But I just look like I've gained a little paunch, not a cute belly yet Luckily it's still easy to hide from co-workers, but I'm shifting my belt a bit and the end of the day to stay comfortable.

Yesterday was a more bloated day than usual (isn't it wild how bellies grow and shrink at this stage?) , and Neela and I took a bath together in the evening. She looked at my belly and said "Wow, look, there's a baby in there, and it's huge." Then she told me to turn around, touched my bum and said "and it's huge here, too!". Thanks, kiddo...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#69 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 05:03 AM

Man, this early pregnancy stuff can start to get to you after awhile. I mean, I'm starting week 12 and everything is probably okay, but I really have very few symptoms, which is nerve-wracking! I know there have been a lot of people talking about this same thing, but I'm just venting. Other than my massive hunger and occasional sore boobs, I've got nothing...*sigh* MW appt on Monday and hoping to hear the heartbeat (but I know, from PP that at 12 weeks it's still not a sure thing). It's just so hard to know. Dang! Imagine how hard it was before you could hear the heartbeats or see ultrasounds! I'm a really laid-back, no-worries kinda gal normally, but this is hard...and I've already seen the baby more than once!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#70 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
Neela and I took a bath together in the evening. She looked at my belly and said "Wow, look, there's a baby in there, and it's huge." Then she told me to turn around, touched my bum and said "and it's huge here, too!". Thanks, kiddo...
Heh. Yeah, Brynn told me the other day, "Your belly is as big as CHRISTY'S!!" And Christy? Is my friend who just had a baby 3 weeks ago. And also my fantastic friend who just gave me a huge stash of maternity clothes - really cute ones!! - so I don't have to cry every morning when I try to get dressed anymore. Hooray!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#71 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 11:46 AM
jkg

I'm in that weird stage where maternity clothes look silly on me but I look like a stuffed sausage in my regular clothes. I'm actually looking forward to wearing maternity clothes again since they're so darn comfy!
#72 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 11:50 AM

wk - i know how you feel. i had such extremely mild m/s this time around that only lasted about 4 weeks. tired of course, but my bbs don't hurt as bad as they did early on and my energy is getting better everyday. the only thing that makes me really believe i'm still pregnant is i keep growing. today i don't know if i can hide the pg belly from my in-laws like we'd planned. we are waiting to tell most people because of the m/c last april and we want to really hear the hb well before spilling the beans. hopefully next friday.

but i do understand your feeliings so well. my pg's with my girls was so much harder at the beginning...i was so sick and just really had a rough time. felt like it went on forever. the difference between now and then though i am realizing is i'm eating ALOT more red meat...more than i have in years actually. so i'm wondering if all that protein is helping because i know protein helps m/s...with both the girls i was a veggie before getting pg. and on pretty strict, no refined sugar, no meat, etc.. diet. but with my youngest dd i got really anemic and had a hard time throughout my pregnancy to be honest. i had no energy what-so-ever until about 36 weeks. it was hard. i only gained 15 pounds total and she was 8lbs. 8 oz at birth with a huge placenta. so in reality i lost body weight throughout that pregnancy. while i don't want to gain a ton of weight this time, i don't want to go that other route either. i loved how skinny i was the year following her birth, but it took alot to build up my energy again too. i can't do that this time with 2 very active girls and homeschooling, etc..

anyway, i'm getting long winded...i worry everyday to be honest. i think once we can hear the baby i'll feel alot better...

as far as maternity clothes go, i gave away everything. so i have to start from scratch.. i do have a bella band, so that is helping already alot! i wouldn't be able to wear anything except my wrap arounds. i need shirts though. i'm thinking i might take the plunge next week with that. we'll see though..

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#73 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 12:23 PM

I wish I looked pregnant but my regular belly fat is probably going to mask my pregnancy until week 30

Although I found a photo of me at 14 weeks with my second pregnancy and I definitely looked pregnant, not fat. So maybe, just maybe, by then I can put on some maternity clothes and not look like I'm trying to hide the fat.
#74 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I pretty much look like I have a serious beer belly going. And I don't even drink beer! I was looking back at my pregnancy pics from DD, and I think I really started to look pregnant around 16 weeks...so I'm thinking, maybe a month or so from now, I will look more pregnant than pudgy.

jkg, stuffed sausage: snort!

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#75 of 75 Old 09-20-2008, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I guess I look pg. Yesterday I had two different moms, two different times, come up to me and ask around. They didn't want to come out and ask if I was pg in case I had just gained weight so they both asked things like "so.... you guys are having another child, right? Any idea when?"

I have a couple of loose regular tops that you can't tell at all, but when I wear anything other then those shirts, it's getting obvious. I pulled out all my maternity clothes and went through them yesterday. After having one baby born in Jan and one in Oct, some how I barely have any winter clothes. I understand from DD2's pg, I had to buy all summer maternity clothes since most of it was in the summer, but I don't get what happened to all my stuff from DD1's pg. I have jeans but only 2 long sleeve shirts so I guess I'll be buying more clothes. On the plus side, I'll be in Denver a lot through out the rest of this year so at least I have store options. I live in such a rural area that I always to buy all my maternity clothes online.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page