Anyone else have a 'tire'? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Before I started TTC, I had purposely gained around 10 pounds since I was kind of at the lower end of the weight spectrum. Since getting pregnant, I haven't really gained any further weight, however it seems like it's defintely shifted. Right now I'm looking at a nice donut/tire right over my belly button area. It's cute, I tell ya. I can tell my lower abdomen, just above my pubic bone seems to be getting a little less flat, but the middle area is definitely increasing, be it from bloating or things just being pushed up from my expanding uterus.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this tire phenomenon?

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#2 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 06:12 PM

i definitely have a tire right now.. i was about 10 pounds more than i wanted to be when getting pg and have only gained 2 pounds now...but the tire is there and my pants will NOT button at all..thank the gods for my bella band...

dh actually said today that i am starting to look pg..

Cat - Mother to Jonathon (1-24-1987) ; Lola (3-24-2003) ; Xiola (9-27-2005) : 8 wks (4-2008) ; 11 1/2 weeks (9-2008); and 7.5 weeks (5-2010) Nana to William (3-27-2009) Blog: AmLo Farms
#3 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 06:24 PM

I'm at the other end of the spectrum... I always have a "tire". But things are definitely happening down there... I can feel it more than see it. No one else would notice.

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#4 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 06:30 PM

ohhh yeah. big ol' tire goin'.
#5 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 06:38 PM

yes, me too. my belly is big already (and was not pre-pg) and I am also getting bigger everywhere. I have a couple of baby doll style tops that I knew would have plenty of belly room and thought would work well for maternity, but they are now too tight around my arms. And my son walked in on me changing my shirt and remarked that my "back is fat." : Also, and especially, my thighs have gotten bigger. I had some awesome size s maternity cords that I cannot wear this pg bcuz my thighs are so big. i have gained nearly 10 lbs by now, plus the 5 or 8 I gained before that and have rapidly gone from being thin and called skinny to being a bigger mama. heck, before i was pg my bra was size 34A. I grew and got measured at 34C, bought 2 of those and now 2 weeks later am thinking about moving to D.
Such rapid body changes are kinda mentally hard to deal with, aren't they. I'm having a hard time looking in the mirror and seeing so much fat!

Mama to 3 boys 

#6 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 06:52 PM

i am so glad to read this thread, because just today i looked in the mirror and got pretty darn sad. id forgotten what it was like for my body to change so much so quickly. the combo of my breasts getting bigger and my belly expanding is just making me look HUGE. im thinking i will tell the people i work with mon that im pg just so they dont think im just getting fat. LOL. i have been afraid to weigh myself too. i do think that once you know im pg, i look pg instead of looking "fat" if that makes sense. it just isnt super obvious yet! and i love my bella band as well. with out that thing i would have NO clothes to wear!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#7 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 07:38 PM

I'm definitely looking and feeling chubbier. I don't think I look pg yet, just bigger. I don't fit into a lot of my clothes anymore.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#8 of 21 Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 PM

me me me me!!!!

I was probably a good 15 pounds heavier than I wanted to be before getting pregnant and non of my clothes fit me anymore either! Its so hard to be at the in between stage! The lower part of my abdomen definitely has what I like to refer to as a "bump" but its the part by my belly button that is all flabby. Honestly I got upset today thinking about how much belly fat I have and trying to figure out where it is going to go once the baby rises up and out .

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#9 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 12:35 AM

Not exactly a tire (at least not any more than before), but I know what you mean about weight shifting. I don't have a scale, so I'm not sure how much I've gained, but it isn't too much. I just feel like things fit differently. DH said I looked heavier (of course I asked point blank ). We'll see on Monday when I go the the mw.

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#10 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 AM

my belly button area seems to be bigger in the afternoon/evening. I consider it bloating. in the morning, clothes will fit ok, but not by the afternoon. I haven't really noticed much in the change department. I bought a nice stretchy bra a couple of weeks ago, and haven't outgrown it yet.

I did get weighed at the OBs on Tues. - looks like I've gained about 7 lbs since before conceiving. Not sure exactly where it's gone. It's in there somewhere :-)
#11 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 09:29 AM

Eating was never something I did much of, as I generally don't require all that many calories sitting in an office chair all day long.

Well, since being pregnant, I have eaten more food than ever to combat nausea and gained just about ten pounds in these past nine weeks.

It makes my clothing uncomfortable, as my belly sticks out and I look silly. I would also describe it as a tire, since the weight has gathered (seemingly) only in this one place. The rest of me is pretty toned, so it's really obvious. I'm not happy, but oh well.

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#12 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 10:15 AM

I haven't gained any weight yet, but my pants definitely don't fit anymore. I love my little tire and can't wait till it's a big 'ol basketball!!
#13 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Mine is much more a 'donut' than a tire. Very soft and icky. Makes me so frustrated. I know that part of it is uterus pushing up ( I can feel it above the pubic bone) and much of it is organ displacement but it's still icky.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#14 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 11:02 AM

yeah, mine is soft too. I haven't gained any weight, but I'm not fitting in any pre-PG clothes. I've had a few people ask me if I'm PG, which I suppose is good, b/c to me it just looks like I'm getting fatter

Mama to three wonderful boys and a fabulous baby girl.
My heartfelt thanks to all those that have donated milk to others; you are amazing
#15 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post
Mine is much more a 'donut' than a tire. Very soft and icky. Makes me so frustrated. I know that part of it is uterus pushing up ( I can feel it above the pubic bone) and much of it is organ displacement but it's still icky.
I'm right there with you although I am kind of enjoying the ickiness today as I'm realizing that I can't suck in anymore - I finally have my tiny little bump!! Right above my pubic bone is definitely uterus and its obviously pushing everything else up as well. I haven't even told anyone yet and am not planning on telling work until next week but people are going to have to start noticing soon - I def. "look" pregnant (especially in the shirt that I'm wearing today that a few weeks ago was baggy on me and now shows off my donut!!

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#16 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 01:34 PM

I'm so glad to read these responses! I've already gained 6 or 7 lbs, and none of my clothes fit -- it's mostly around my middle (tire), but also butt and thighs are bigger, too. I was always really petite, so it's quite noticable. DH says I look like him but with boobs (he has a nice gut going). I can't wait for it to look like a real baby bump and not just like I've been consuming 3000 calories a day (which I think I probably have been!).

Happy mama to our miracle son Benjamin - 3/09 after a long road of infertility
#17 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 05:42 PM

Well, from the back, it looks like I have TWO tires/donuts going. I'm the smallest I've been since before I was pg with DS, but still...

All for the babies!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#18 of 21 Old 09-19-2008, 11:06 PM

Yes. It's happening way faster this time than the last two but I suppose giving birth just seven months ago has a lot to do with that.

Heather-Mom to Kendall Elizabeth 11/24/00 :. Eli James 01/28/08 :nana:, and Quinn Erin 05/03/09 :
#19 of 21 Old 09-20-2008, 12:20 AM

I wont mention how many lbs over I started at, but I am 12 lbs less than I was with ds1 and 4 lbs less than ds2 and havent gained or lost any this time YET!

But I started getting thicker from my belly button to my rib cage at about 8 weeks. It wasnt this early with my first 2, but the same happened with them. I look like I am alot farther along than I am, just because of that!
#20 of 21 Old 09-20-2008, 01:28 PM

I just keep telling myself it's good to be gaining a bit because that's what's supposed to happen, and my body will need fat stores for breastfeeding. Then I remind myself of the flip side of that coin: breastfeeding will make it easy to get thinner again! : I don't need to be super-thin (and in fact never have been), but I'll admit I'm already looking forward to eventually getting back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. But between now and then I will happily keep getting bigger.

Living the good life and walking a path of peace with DH and DD (4/09)
#21 of 21 Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the responses. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page