First official "emotional meltdown" day - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-19-2008, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone else been here yet?

today's my day. Yes - it's mostly due to stressors at work... but I just can't seem to keep my composure (holding back tears in my office - and ducking outside to talk to DH on my cell). Just got off the phone with DH who was talking me off the hypothetical edge. Feeling more together now... but still waning on the "I-just-want-to-walk-out-the-door-to-prove-a-point-cause-I-can't-take-it-anymore" instinct.
This behavior is just NOT ME. Which is what I keep telling myself. I would NEVER just walk out of work.
I love my job but my employer (and his wife - who are more like a crazy aunt and uncle than employers) and their "woe-is-us" and "will-you-fix-it-all-kim-cause-that's-what-you're-good-at" attitude is eating at me fiercely today.

Well.. thanks for reading, I think I feel better already.

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#2 of 4 Old 09-19-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post

today's my day. Yes - it's mostly due to stressors at work... but I just can't seem to keep my composure (holding back tears in my office - and ducking outside to talk to DH on my cell). Just got off the phone with DH who was talking me off the hypothetical edge. Feeling more together now... but still waning on the "I-just-want-to-walk-out-the-door-to-prove-a-point-cause-I-can't-take-it-anymore" instinct.
This behavior is just NOT ME. Which is what I keep telling myself. I would NEVER just walk out of work.
I love my job but my employer (and his wife - who are more like a crazy aunt and uncle than employers) and their "woe-is-us" and "will-you-fix-it-all-kim-cause-that's-what-you're-good-at" attitude is eating at me fiercely today.

Awwww. Sorry, mama!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#3 of 4 Old 09-19-2008, 03:56 PM

i had one of those days before i even officially found out i was pregnant. shoulda been a clue. i'm normally not all that emotional a person (angry, sure LOL but not weepy). i've had many desperate days since then re:nausea but nothing like that yet. any day now...

i'm glad you feel a bit better. i hope the rest of your day goes better!
#4 of 4 Old 09-19-2008, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2be_k View Post

I had a similar situation yesterday! I was upset about something at work so I went in at the end of the day and talked to my boss and almost cried. I was so embarrassed!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page