Crafty mamas, come on in here! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#181 of 194 Old 03-23-2009, 09:34 AM
 
Jude-a-buddies-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Your knits look great, lucky little baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Wow! The diapers, the woolies, the sling, the bedding . . . everything looks so great!

Here are my latest. I also knit an EZ doubleknit blanket, but don't have a picture of that. And I've decided to knit an organic cotton blanket. Waiting on the yarn to arrive!

Hats:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3557.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3577.jpg

Sleep sacks and caps:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3556.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3578.jpg

More longies:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3568.jpg

Soakers:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3546.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3560.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3579.jpg

I did also knit 2 kimonos, but I think I already posted one. The other, I have to knit on the icord closures and sew on the button, so, no pic yet.

Michelle : wife to wonderful hubby mama to Jude (10/03) Annika (4/06)
Zane (3/09): : : :
Jude-a-buddies-mom is offline  
#182 of 194 Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 AM
 
Jude-a-buddies-mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's my latest I just finished yesterday. I made this set using this pattern. It was a really simple pattern and went well considering this was my first attempt at sewing with knit fabric. I think this is my favorite thing I have made this far.

Monkey Outfit
Monkey Outfit Closeup

Michelle : wife to wonderful hubby mama to Jude (10/03) Annika (4/06)
Zane (3/09): : : :
Jude-a-buddies-mom is offline  
#183 of 194 Old 03-23-2009, 09:48 AM
 
scrapadoozer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude-a-buddies-mom View Post
Here's my latest I just finished yesterday. I made this set using this pattern. It was a really simple pattern and went well considering this was my first attempt at sewing with knit fabric. I think this is my favorite thing I have made this far.

Monkey Outfit
Monkey Outfit Closeup
Aww, I love it! I just picked up some of that monkey fabric at Jo-Ann's. It's too cute.

Jenny, proud maker of red things
scrapadoozer is offline  
#184 of 194 Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
 
wobblykate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Posts: 3,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Wow! The diapers, the woolies, the sling, the bedding . . . everything looks so great!

Here are my latest. I also knit an EZ doubleknit blanket, but don't have a picture of that. And I've decided to knit an organic cotton blanket. Waiting on the yarn to arrive!

Hats:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3557.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3577.jpg

Sleep sacks and caps:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3556.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3578.jpg

More longies:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3568.jpg

Soakers:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3546.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3560.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...m/100_3579.jpg

I did also knit 2 kimonos, but I think I already posted one. The other, I have to knit on the icord closures and sew on the button, so, no pic yet.
Wow! your knitting skills are inspiring some serious jealousy over here. The fancy stitching on the hats is incredible. Good job! I can't wait to see pics of the babe in those! I also need to make some of those wooly sacks (although mine will likely be from sweaters)...such a good idea for diaper changes!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
wobblykate is offline  
#185 of 194 Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 AM
 
ciar_aurora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: West Burbs, IL
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to share the blanket I made for the one on the way. I normally knit but decided I wanted to crochet this one. Turned out really nice if I do say so myself...took less than a week to make...

Double Diamond Baby Blanket

ETA pic of the jacket I made for the little one...

Peplum Jacket
ciar_aurora is offline  
#186 of 194 Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 AM
 
wobblykate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Posts: 3,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cute pattern!! good job

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
wobblykate is offline  
#187 of 194 Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
 
mrsbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow - you moms could sell your work! Everything is so beautiful. I'm just trying to finish this HUGE baby blanket I started and maybe crochet one more hat that's a little bigger than the last one. I wish I had a sewing machine. It'd be humming way more than it should in the same house with a toddler to care for - poor neglected little fellow. We have fun though. I try to crochet only when he's sleeping or playing with DH.

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
mrsbass is offline  
#188 of 194 Old 03-25-2009, 05:56 PM
 
scrapadoozer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciar_aurora View Post
Just wanted to share the blanket I made for the one on the way. I normally knit but decided I wanted to crochet this one. Turned out really nice if I do say so myself...took less than a week to make...

Double Diamond Baby Blanket

ETA pic of the jacket I made for the little one...

Peplum Jacket
Really beautiful!

Jenny, proud maker of red things
scrapadoozer is offline  
#189 of 194 Old 03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
 
webjefita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I can't not look at this thread title anymore without thinking about this Check it out!
webjefita is offline  
#190 of 194 Old 03-27-2009, 12:05 AM
 
MelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love the button!

Nice work, ciar_aurora!

jude-a-buddies-mom~ I love the monkey outfit. You must have finished it just in time!

I am dropping stitches like crazy on the new hat I started. I threw the whole thing across the room yesterday after dropping a ton more. I think I need to buy a new circular needle, or to try another project.

On a more positive note, I sewed a few more wipes that are flannel on one side and fleece on the other. Super quick and a fun way to use up some extra fabric, though they would be even faster with a serger. And I made myself a hotpack for labour, too

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

MelW is offline  
#191 of 194 Old 04-03-2009, 06:25 PM
 
MelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just finished a couple of little hats.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

MelW is offline  
#192 of 194 Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 PM
 
dawncayden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver BC Canada
Posts: 4,338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I just finished a couple of little hats.
Awesome hats!

I had that doll as a kid so you wouldn't think I'd think this, but they are pretty creepy looking thank goodness real newborns have some beauty.

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

dawncayden is offline  
#193 of 194 Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
 
wobblykate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Willamette Valley, OR
Posts: 3,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
I just finished a couple of little hats.
cute!! nice colors

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
wobblykate is offline  
#194 of 194 Old 04-04-2009, 11:41 AM
 
MelW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawncayden View Post
I had that doll as a kid so you wouldn't think I'd think this, but they are pretty creepy looking thank goodness real newborns have some beauty.
We bought him at the Salvation Army years ago- but my step-sister had the same doll as a kid, too. His name was "penis baby". And he was never, ever allowed to wear clothes on his bottom half, because then people couldn't see his anatomical correctness There is something about his eyes that really creeps people out- but I think he looks better in person than in photos.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

MelW is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off