Where's the pregnant after loss thread for the week? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I miss you guys.

Plus I need you to reassure me that everything is fine. I am still totally feeling nauseous all the time, no problems with spotting or anything, just worrying. Its like I can't quite get excited and just let go of the worries kwim? The thought of no more ultrasounds until 20 weeks freaks me out. I guess maybe since I'll be 10 weeks at my first regular appointment they might try doppler? But then that freaks me out because they aren't always accurate and then what if they can't hear a hb? :

Plus, DS and I have weaned. It is sad to me and it was and is very hard for both of us, but especially DS, who has not taken it well and howls for milk snacks many times each day. I just could not do it anymore, it wasn't so much the physical discomfort as the mental anguish of being so immediately angry any time he would so much as latch on. I finally just had to say no. Its sort of like quitting smoking, changing all our habits together- like now we can't nurse away every boo-boo or nurse to naps or bed or in the middle of the night.

Its good to "talk to you" because I can't lay this all on anyone else.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#2 of 10 Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 PM

I am not from this thread, but I think you will find support from many women in this forum! Feel free to lay it on us!!

I had to wean my son in order to conceive. I am just one of those women whose cycle doesn't return until I wean completely. I was heartbroken. It really is a magical thing that is hard to quit. My feelings of loss outlasted his. It seems like your son will miss it forever, but he'll soon move on. It's kind of nice to get cuddles that don't revolve around your boobs!

Will your doc allow a viability ultra sound earlier? If it enables you to enjoy your pregnancy with a little stress, I would say it's worth it!
#3 of 10 Old 09-21-2008, 04:55 AM

well, i guess this is the pal thread for the week! thanks for starting it, heather.

sorry about your unscheduled weaning, mama. i know that must be very hard.
as far as your worries, it certainly sounds like you are very much pregnant....but ikwym. i thought i was going w an ob and hospital birth but my medicaid fell through and i have contracted with a midwife. She wants to meet our first time in a cafe, so i am thinking this means no doppler- and i really wanted to hear the hb. she also said we would wait til week 28 for an ultrasound. That seems like forever away!
i have been forcing myself to stay positive til now but this week have not been able to keep from worrying. i have had a fair amount of pain and cramping (which i think were bowel cramps) and yesterday saw something i was afraid might have been my mucous plug. but there wasnt any blood or pink mucous at all and i haven't started bleeding- so trying to think (and praying) everything is still fine.
it's scary this time around, that is for sure.
mamas. I'm really thankful for these pal threads.
how's everyone?

Mama to 3 boys 

#4 of 10 Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
it's scary this time around, that is for sure.
mamas. I'm really thankful for these pal threads.
how's everyone?
Me too. It is scary. The first time around I was just naive and never expected anything bad to happen, never even worried about it, pretty much skipped over those chapters in the books. Its just hard this early on because I don't FEEL pregnant, well besides being nauseous and moody and having horrible heartburn, etc.

I already had 2 ultrasounds, we saw the heartbeat at 7 weeks and everything seems to be going fine. Its a long way to 20 weeks though, or 28 weeks!

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#5 of 10 Old 09-23-2008, 01:12 AM
jmo

yeah, I was wondering where this thread went. I missed you ladies! So I'm just beginning my 12th week!: I am still in shock that I've actually made it this far. Had my first mw appt last week and we heard the heartbeat right away! more:! We've started telling people and generally acknowledging that we more than likely are going to have a baby this time. Wow.
How's everyone else doing?

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#6 of 10 Old 09-23-2008, 09:50 AM

i'm starting my 12th week, too.
OMG I had the worst dream this morning.
I went to the bathroom and felt something hard and heavy come out. I looked out and saw a "package" of yuckiness, and I saw two little feet sticking out. I took it out of the toilet and washed it off. Baby was probably 2wice the size it really is now, perfect and hard and white like a statue- it's face was so beautiful. The cord was tight around its neck. I was crying and came and gave it to dp who was on the computer. He saw the baby and got excited, then realized it was dead, and dropped it and freaked out.
Needless to say, I am freaked out this morning. I hope it was just a worry i was dreaming, and not a sign of what is to come.
I would feel better if I would feel him move, which I haven't been able to do the last day or so.
I am gonna try to have a good day- I have 2 big tests at school- and try to forget about it.
I hope everyone else has a good day too.

Mama to 3 boys 

#7 of 10 Old 09-23-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I went to the bathroom and felt something hard and heavy come out. I looked out and saw a "package" of yuckiness, and I saw two little feet sticking out. I took it out of the toilet and washed it off. Baby was probably 2wice the size it really is now, perfect and hard and white like a statue- it's face was so beautiful. The cord was tight around its neck. I was crying and came and gave it to dp who was on the computer. He saw the baby and got excited, then realized it was dead, and dropped it and freaked out.
Needless to say, I am freaked out this morning. I hope it was just a worry i was dreaming, and not a sign of what is to come.
I would feel better if I would feel him move, which I haven't been able to do the last day or so.
I am gonna try to have a good day- I have 2 big tests at school- and try to forget about it.
I hope your day gets better. I keep having dreams that I am bleeding. I can't wait to feel movement. I just reached the 12 week mark, but my m/c were at 10 and 12.5 weeks, so maybe I'll feel better in a week or so. Or in 7 months!
#8 of 10 Old 09-23-2008, 06:48 PM
jmo

Quote:
oh mama, what an awful dream! I hope your day gets better. I too have been having horrible m/c dreams and it is just SO real.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
#9 of 10 Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 PM

Hi mamas, long time no speak! I've been crazy-busy w/ work, exhausting, but helps the time pass a little quicker w/ the pregnancy.

Re: the PAL thread... do you guys want to make it a monthly or weekly thread? It seems like we have lots of bursts of activity & then it gets quite & the thread gets buried. Maybe whether we make it monthly or weekly, if it's quiet we could just "bump" it periodically?

I hope you guys are all hanging in there. It's just so hard to live this pregnancy w/ such skepticism, isn't it?

ms.shell I have *lots* of mucus & vaginal discharge when I'm pg (sorry, tmi!). But since I had a sub-chorionic hemmorage & bleed every single day for 9 weeks until we eventually lost Owen last time, when ever I feel a little "extra" moisture down there, I'm always running to the bathroom, sure that this is going to be the beginning of the end Fortunately, it's always just clear or slightly yellow mucus (tmi again!)

My nausea has virtually disappeared (I had serious nausea/vomiting through 16 weeks w/ my other two) & I still have hardly any pg symptoms, so I've begged my midwife for a doppler check tomorrow. I have just started to show & though I'm not feeling movement, I am feeling pg in my belly (hard to describe). So I'm actually pretty sure everything's okay, but just want some reassurance & then I can start really enoying this nausea free pregnancy! My allergies are killing me, but other than that, all's well

Cat If you're lurking here, we are thinking about you & really hope everything's okay

Do you guys remember Rachel? I was lurking in the general pregnancy loss section & saw that she posted that she did miscarry a month or so ago
#10 of 10 Old 09-24-2008, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenMidwife View Post
Hi mamas, long time no speak! I've been crazy-busy w/ work, exhausting, but helps the time pass a little quicker w/ the pregnancy.

Re: the PAL thread... do you guys want to make it a monthly or weekly thread? It seems like we have lots of bursts of activity & then it gets quite & the thread gets buried. Maybe whether we make it monthly or weekly, if it's quiet we could just "bump" it periodically?

I hope you guys are all hanging in there. It's just so hard to live this pregnancy w/ such skepticism, isn't it?

ms.shell I have *lots* of mucus & vaginal discharge when I'm pg (sorry, tmi!). But since I had a sub-chorionic hemmorage & bleed every single day for 9 weeks until we eventually lost Owen last time, when ever I feel a little "extra" moisture down there, I'm always running to the bathroom, sure that this is going to be the beginning of the end Fortunately, it's always just clear or slightly yellow mucus (tmi again!)
Oh I think I can keep it busy enough to warrant weekly posting .

Me too on the discharge thing, never worried about it the first time around, this time like you I am examining my undies and toilet paper carefully all the time making sure I don't see pink tinge. Argh. I have a lot too, sometimes after a cramp or painful twinge in the area, but so far its all OK.

I am feeling hungry all the time these days, like any moment I am not eating I am so nauseous. Not a good sign for projected weight-gain I'm guessing. Hopefully my appetite tapers off as time goes on, maybe I'm doing it backwards. I feel sick even as I eat sometimes, but I don't kow what else to do to feel better. I wanted this though, nausea is a good sign, so I'm trying to cope somewhat gracefully and just complain to you guys and DH.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page