No bump yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 09-21-2008, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just over 12 weeks pregnant with my second, and I expected to be bigger by now. I can feel my uterus growing -- it is above my pubic bone now, but I don't really have a bump. I seem to often have one at night, but it is pretty much gone by morning. I feel like I was bigger already this time last pregnancy, but then again, I was thinner to begin with so maybe it just felt like I was bigger? I have not been able to eat as much as usual and am still BF my DD, maybe this has something to do with it? I heard the HB at my last MW appt, but I am still a little concerned that I'm not getting much bigger yet. Anyone else still pretty bump-less?
#2 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 12:38 AM

Yup, officially bumb-less here. I am 12w2d, my DD is only 23 months old, and I too, expected to show earlier. But, I am 5'9, BUT, I am only a sz 2-4 pre-pg. I have a rather flat tummy, ribs are still showing, but no bump. I hear the heartbeat at least once a day at home, and I can feel my uterus as well, above my pubic line. With DD, I had my FIRST ever " are you pg" comment at 39wks Oh well, maybe we will both wake up with bumps that showed up overnight!
#3 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 02:29 AM

Nada here. I'm not a slim girl, by any means, but I tend to carry weight in butt and thighs and have a slimmer waist...I can feel the uterus to the touch, but no one else could possibly see...Course, this is my first. I haven't been sick or anything, so I'm just enjoying it while it lasts!

Mama to one little blur, watching everything move too fast. Eden 4/10/2009.
#4 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 03:10 AM

I don't really have one either. I'm 12w6d and I still look the way I normally do. My neighboor keeps mentioning (reminding me...) that I'm not showing yet, yeah thanks... I'm definately not thin to begin with, but looking at some others belly pics I feel I'm showing sooner than some so that makes me feel better.
#5 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 03:15 AM

I don't think I've gained much weight, which is incredible considering the amount I eat! I imagine at some point I'll just wake up and go "Holy Sh*t, I'm pregnant!"

#6 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM

no bump here either. I haven't gained any weight, but I can feel my uterus above my pubic bone as well.
#7 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM

I have the "night time" bump going on.

It's strange, because I've gained 9 lbs :

Usually when I gain weight, it's pretty even all around, and my jeans are the first to get tight. Esp in the butt and the thighs - which has NOT happened. I just can't button them! I'm currently in the using the hair elastic trick (looping it through the buttonhole and then around the button). I know the weight is in my abdomen somewhere.... it's just not popping out yet! (all the time).

Well... my bra size went up a full cup about 8 weeks ago.. so maybe that's where some of the weight went as well (yeah... like 1 pound!).

That day will come.... I too will wake up and be like "woah - I'm totally preggo!"

can't wait!

Kim - momma to Parker James REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif3/31/09 and Eva Lorraine energy.gif3/17/12

#8 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't really feel like I have a bump, but one of my friends asked about my weight. I had to confess I was pregnant, and he said, "I thought so. All the weight went to your belly!"

Yikes! I am 12 weeks and was hoping to hide it for a bit longer. I am a size 4-6 and this is 2nd pregnancy so we will see how that goes. It is interesting how the first time I couldn't wait to show! This time I'd like to stay close to pre-preggo size for longer.

Elizabeth - 33. Mother to ds 12-19-04 and ds 01-27-12. new tadpole due 05-25-14
#9 of 18 Old 09-22-2008, 08:30 PM

Yeah, the pants thing is weird. I haven't grown out of mine yet, but I've gained 3 lbs as of today (none of it boobs and I think it's all in the gut .

#10 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 01:33 AM
acp

I'm 12 weeks, and no bump yet. But honestly, it still feels early to me to really show. Last time I didn't start wearing mat clothes until 20 wks, and though I definitely can tell that I'm going to start showing sooner this time around (I already feel like my stomach is no longer flat - just not a bump that anyone but me would notice) it still seems early to have a very noticeable belly.
Some women do, I know, but I definitely wouldn't worry about it.
#11 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 AM

No bump here eighter and I am a thin person having my 2nd child. I don't even know how to feel for my uterus and when I try I don't feel much. I am a little over 12weeks also. I am going to make a MW appt. to hear the heartbeat to convince me that I am pregnant.
#12 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 AM

I can feel my uterus above my pelvic bone and when standing I can really feel a bump (DH can feel it too) but when laying down its harder to notice. Why is that? I'm one of those cannot wait to show and already in some maternity clothes and LOVING it!!!!

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#13 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM

I have a wee little bump around my pubic bone. this area is usually flat, and now, when I shave my bikini line, there is an uphill battle going on. Its very, very weird to me how it sticks out. My pubic bone is harder to find (it's usually pretty easy for me, but now it's somewhat poofier in there). it's all hard. Every night when I go to bed, I keep poking it, staring at DH, saying "it's just plain WEIRD" over and over again.

I do have the belly button night time bump too, but I think thats just bloating. it goes away by morning. when I shifted from shorts to pants, I noticed my pants don't fit comfortably anymore by the end of the day, so I've moved into maternity pants. Not because I NEED them, per se, but because I refuse to be uncomfortable and squeeze into pants that wont fit by the end of the day. I just don't see the point.
#14 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai28 View Post

I do have the belly button night time bump too, but I think thats just bloating. it goes away by morning. when I shifted from shorts to pants, I noticed my pants don't fit comfortably anymore by the end of the day, so I've moved into maternity pants. Not because I NEED them, per se, but because I refuse to be uncomfortable and squeeze into pants that wont fit by the end of the day. I just don't see the point.
:

I definitely just recently realized I'm not quite as bloated as I used to be when I wake up in the morning. I heard this happens though before you really start to show. I am always bloated by night time (pregnant or not). And I've been in maternity pants since about 8 weeks for the same reasons. My pants do not button all the way and if they do they are not comfortable (work pants mostly) so why be uncomfortable? I have a couple bella bands but I find those uncomfortable too half the time. I still can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans (they were all pretty big on me as I gained some weight and then lost a tiny I think or just over estimated my size).

Married to my best friend partners.gif Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two dog2.gif  Remembering angel1.gif 3/2008

****5***heartbeat.gif 10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#15 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Not much of a bump at all. My pants don't really fit and DH says my butt is bigger.

My uterus is quite retroverted though, so I think that has something to do with it.

Casey
Mama to DS 2/22/06 and DS 3/27/09 :
#16 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM

No bump here either. I remember starting to outgrow my clothes a bit by this point with DS but I've also been a lot sicker this time and have lost weight instead of being up a few pounds. I didn't look obviously pregnant until the beginning of the third trimester with him so I'm curious to know how soon I will show this time.
#17 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitLady View Post
Not much of a bump at all. My pants don't really fit and DH says my butt is bigger.
Will they ever learn when it's appropriate to LIE?

#18 of 18 Old 09-24-2008, 06:45 PM

mine doesn't lie - but he does try to be politically correct about it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page