What are you eating for breakfast? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 09-28-2008, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i've been making lots of breakfast burritos lately. eggs, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, sometimes beans or sausage. yum!
#32 of 41 Old 09-29-2008, 10:55 AM

I have been starting out eating a bowl of wheat chex as I have been able to stomache that most mornings when I first get up. Today I've had blueberry muffins, a glass of milk, and some cheese so far. I made these egg muffin things and I have been able to stomach those occasionally. You make a scrambled egg mix adding cheese or veggies etc and bake it in a muffin tin. They heat up really well. Peanutbutter on a spoon or on toast has been a morning snack too.
#33 of 41 Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM

My favorite smoothie:

1 cup vanilla soy milk
1 cup oats
1/2 cup orange juice
1 banana
handful of spinach leaves
handful of frozen fruit

blend + yum! It's a make-and-take for me... put it in a tall, wide-mouthed jar with a lid and my first hour at the office is delicious! (and I stay pretty full and nice and regular with the oats!)

Mother, Wife, Worker Bee. Mama to Clara (10/05) and Ophelia (12/09)
#34 of 41 Old 10-06-2008, 11:49 PM

DH bought a ton of bananas (on sale of course) and I made the BEST peanut butter and banana smoothie... MMMM!

Autumn (1990) Blake (1993) Zoe (2001) Dmitrios (2002) and William (April 2009) born still @ 39 wks - my 4ever
#35 of 41 Old 10-07-2008, 01:46 AM

Oh, breakfast, what a good question!

And, I want to eat breakfast all day! (I mean, easy to digest foods) but I feel soooo sick and tired by mid-afternoon.

I have been eating home-made applesauce with tons of butter and cream. I figure the fat is good for baby and keeps me fuller longer.

I've gone through a pint of cream a day (with my kids) for the past few. cream in tea, cream in bread pudding.

Don't salads sound good - cob salad? chef salad? All of these things are too complicated for a busy pregnant lady with two kids!!! Sounds so good. I am plotting dinner for tomorrow right now! (avocado and lettuce and vinaigrette and tomato chunks, hard-boiled egg)

Oh, and lots of sushi! home-made vege (with scrambled egg and sometimes chicken or tuna from a can - with cream of course)

But I am getting distracted. This thread is about breakfast! Except, I am enjoying having leftover sushi in the fridge - an easy thing to eat when everything else sounds awful.

yay for going through the pain together.
jennifer
#36 of 41 Old 10-07-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post

My problem has been just eating too much healthy stuff (we are vegan and eat lots of whole grains, fruits and veggies, legumes, etc.). I think I'm getting full too fast to get enough calories, b/c when I added a small handful of dark chocolate peanut m&ms ( not vegan) my ms disappeared (and returned when I ran out--LOL).
I've found that for me, the nausea returns when I'm hungry, which seems like it's a blood sugar content thing (I'm not diabetic or anything). If I have a little something sweet and wait 10 minutes or so then I have an appetite. chocolate peanut m&ms have protein and sugar - maybe by snacking on those, your evening out the dibs in blood sugar throughout the day, so the nausea disappears.

last time I posted in here, I mentioned I bought bacon. big mistake. I'll have to throw it out. It smelled so bad in the house for a solid week, regardless of cleaning and opening windows all day. yuck.
#37 of 41 Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 AM

This is a hard one for me, I'm not a breakfast person never have been but with this little one if I don't eat in the morning I feel horrible all day. I've been eating 1 of several things: a bowl of raisin bran, frosted mini wheats, bagel with cream cheese or cheese and crackers. I don't like milk (or soy milk) so I eat the cereals plain lol.
#38 of 41 Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 PM

Oh, I can not stomach regular breakfast fare this pregnancy.

This morning I had tomato and basil pasta. Yesterday, grilled chicken. Basically, I eat lunch or dinner leftovers for breakfast. Anything that sounds like dinner sounds good to be at 8am.
#39 of 41 Old 10-07-2008, 01:11 PM

Lately it's been anything I can stomach with consits of toast, english muffin, or oatmeal normally. waiting to be able to eat other foods and not want to get sick

: Mother (4/11/06) to Josephine and (4/23/09) to Oliver and baby (due June 1st)

Babies: Angel (6/29/02), Tiberius (3/8/11), Lillianna (12/27/11)

#40 of 41 Old 10-07-2008, 01:26 PM

me too on the bagels and cream cheese!!! I could eat a plain bagel with honey and pecan cream cheese 2 or 3 times a day I think!! p.s. I'm glad to hear some others of you are having hungry weeks, I'm still nauseous, but I'm starving too, go figure. I have to eat whatever sounds good, or otherwise I find I went most of the day with nothing. So I guess carbs are my friend for now!

mama to dd16, ds13, and dd1 born 4/1/09 :
#41 of 41 Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM

I find if I eat something REALLY light first thing. I can after half and hr or so stomach something with protein in it.

often I will have frozen waffles (I know gross, but i can't cook this early in my pregnancy - ick ick ick) and then something like a sandwich or left overs event. an early lunch kinda.

I'm GF so it's a little complicated to find "light" foods that sit well.

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page