Anyone else getting a giant belly? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 09-26-2008, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am only 11 wks and am already showing! Everyone tells me this is normal for baby #2, but I'm just really impressed, I mean I didn't have this size of belly until I was around 5 mos. last time. Is anyone else dealing with this?
#2 of 18 Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 PM

yes, at 12 weeks i look about how i did at 5 or 6 months with ds. apparently its mostly new fat, tho, because at the midwife's today, she showed me my uterus is still quite small. i have been in maternity for weeks.

Mama to 3 boys 

#3 of 18 Old 09-26-2008, 10:02 PM

Me too! I'm glad you posted this. I look WAY pregnant now too, its sort of ridiculous. Like you I think I must have been 5 months before I had such a round tummy last time. It is popped out all the way too, I mean, right under the ribs down to above the pubic bone, not just down where my uterus probably actually is right about now. I guess it's a body memory thing?

I loved getting the big tummy last time and it never bothered me, but I do remember the urge to lie about how far along I was to strangers who asked when I was like 7 months for example and I'd get all sorts of "Woah, you look like you're about to pop" or "Don't go into labor during the meeting OK?" Ha. ha.

I'm feeling like I want to lie now because I'm so big so early. I'm saying I'm 3 months along right now as my terminology rather than saying the weeks. I'll probably just keep rounding up. Oh and it isn't twins or anything in my case, another question I got last time. Ugh.

Book lovin librarian nerd mama to Caleb 6/06 and Aiden 4/09: and 1 angel 11/07. "No one cries alone in my presence."
#4 of 18 Old 09-26-2008, 11:01 PM

i think my belly is actually smaller than it was last time. probably because ive only gained 2 lbs, instead of the 10 id gained by this time last pg. someone did tell me i had a baby belly today though!

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#5 of 18 Old 09-26-2008, 11:07 PM

Oh yeah. I've actually got people coming up to me and asking when I'm due! I never thought I'd look this pregnant at 12 weeks, even with twins.

Welcoming our twins :: born February 21, 2009 at 33 weeks! :
C-section due to pre-eclampsia and HELLP:
#6 of 18 Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, me too. I was bigger with DD2 then with DD1, and I'm bigger this time then I was last time! I was looking at my belly tonight thinking that I was probably this size at 20 weeks the first time around, and I'm only 10 weeks.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#7 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 01:01 AM

This is number 3 for me, so yes I saw my mother for the first time in a couple of months and she took one look at me and said, "why are you so big?".
It's a little depressing to think that it's mostly guts and flubber and not baby.
The uterus is still down in my pelvis and have a pooch up high already. I'm glad I'm in the second trimester now, so the baby will start growing and I can feel less flubbery and more pregnant.
#8 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 10:07 AM

Yeah, I look huge, this is my 4th. My first was an April baby too and I didn't look this big until after the new year! My uterus is two inches below my belly botton, which seems big too. I'm 12w tomorrow.

Mama to three wonderful boys and a fabulous baby girl.
My heartfelt thanks to all those that have donated milk to others; you are amazing
#9 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 10:29 AM
jkg

This is baby 3 and 4 for me, so i'm definitely showing! People just drop their jaws when I say I'm only 11 weeks!
#10 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 11:01 AM

The weight gain from nausea binging has people guessing I'm four months already. I wasn't planning to tell anyone, but this abdominal bulge is way beyond my normal size and so incredibly obvious.

I'm not even three months yet, and it's been this way since like one month. I piled on the weight so fast and, relative to my original weight, I really did gain a lot.

I generally don't eat much and so now that I eat almost all day long the change is dramatic. Me not happy.

Edit: And this is my first one! /cry

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#11 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 11:38 AM

I eat all day long too! It's my 5th and my belly is big, but I think its just mostly chub that I can't hold in. Last time I gained 70 lbs and I did lose it, but I would love to not get that big this time!

Married Catholic mami : to 5 boys, : 9 6 3 : 5 mo. 5/6/02-6/22/02 (HIE)
:
#12 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 11:51 AM

I popped early with number 2. I'm just 9 weeks here now though and I don't see any evidence of popping, which of course worries me cuz that's how I am

But yesterday at the store I was buying some dramamine and I mentioned to the pharmacy tech that I was pregnant and had to fly and she said, "Should you be flying so late in the pregnancy?" Uh... I'm just 9 weeks lady. Thanks.

But I have only myself to blame...
#13 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
The weight gain from nausea binging has people guessing I'm four months already. I wasn't planning to tell anyone, but this abdominal bulge is way beyond my normal size and so incredibly obvious.

I'm not even three months yet, and it's been this way since like one month. I piled on the weight so fast and, relative to my original weight, I really did gain a lot.

I generally don't eat much and so now that I eat almost all day long the change is dramatic. Me not happy.

Edit: And this is my first one! /cry
i gained like crazy in the 1st tri with dd, but it slowed way down after the nausea for the rest of my pg and i ended up only gaining 25 lbs. i thought maybe that would make you feel better somehow, lol.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
#14 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 02:25 PM

I can't wait to slow down this eating. I hope it happens!!!

Wacky Zack! Born 23-Apr-2009
:::::::
#15 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky leeuhhh View Post
i gained like crazy in the 1st tri with dd, but it slowed way down after the nausea for the rest of my pg and i ended up only gaining 25 lbs. i thought maybe that would make you feel better somehow, lol.
well, that makes me feel better anyway. I've come to the sad realization that I'm showing. I took an honest look at myself in the mirror, and sure enough, I'm bulging out below the belly button (this is my 1st). I could see it in myself when naked for a while, but now I can see it fully clothed - which means other people can see it. I weigh the most I ever have in my life, which is a blow. I'm 10.5 weeks or so, and I've gained about 7 pounds. i don't think I'm eating any MORE than I used to, but I've had to cut my activities WAY back (I can't even call it training anymore). But now that I feel less ill, I'm hoping to get back on track this week (had a good week last week, so I'm on my way). Don't get me wrong - I know I don't want to loose weight at this point. But I don't want to gain more than is absolutely necessary. I have a cycling event the 1st week of August next year that I'd really like to participate in. I was hoping to only gain 25lb, but the first 10 weeks makes me think I'm on the WRONG track.
#16 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies, I'm glad I'm in good company! I think I'm going to have to start wearing the dreaded maternity pants this week.

Kai28 Maybe you should talk to a nutritional counselor to get a professional opinion on calorie intake for your special circumstances, they can give you safe guidelines for you and baby.
#17 of 18 Old 09-27-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai28 View Post
Don't get me wrong - I know I don't want to loose weight at this point. But I don't want to gain more than is absolutely necessary. I have a cycling event the 1st week of August next year that I'd really like to participate in. I was hoping to only gain 25lb, but the first 10 weeks makes me think I'm on the WRONG track.
Hey don't stress about it! I've gained weight right away with both my pregnancies and still managed to gain a total of 25 to 30 pounds.

Breastfeeding helps drop the weight off quickly too. After my first was born I below my pre-pregnancy weight in a few months time.
#18 of 18 Old 09-28-2008, 08:02 PM

Just this weekend I started to feel big. I have lost 5 pounds so far, but my tummy has grown 5 inches already! I look about as pregnant as I did at 5 months with DS.....and by that time I had gained about 10 pounds. Granted I am a bit heavier this time, but I was underweight before and am still on the thin side (size 2). I dug my maternity clothes out from the attic this weekend.....I think its time to say good-bye to zippers. :

Michelle, mama to spirited toddler Liam (August 20, 2007) and high needs baby Ben (April 6, 2009)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page