¿Mudarme a Santiago, Chile? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone in Santiago, Chile? I have some crazy ideas rattling 'round my head and I'd love to jump off here to explore them.

Currently majoring in Spanish and my university has a study abroad program with Católica University in Santiago that I'd very much like to participate in. But I have a dd who I'd need to put in daycare. What's the daycare situation like there?

Also, talk to me about midwives in Santiago, or birth options in general. 'Cause there is also the very wacky possibility that I'll be pregnant when we go.

And: how can foreigners go about finding work there? My dh is (going to be) an architect and he'd need a job there, with an international firm, I imagine, as he doesn't speak Spanish.

Clearly this idea is pretty hair-brained but god I want to go so badly. So ANY info on Santiago that you may have would be VERY WELCOMED indeed.

¡Muchas gracias!

Mama to a beautiful girl since May 2007 and a beautiful boy since August 2010! :
#2 of 6 Old 07-20-2010, 11:22 PM

we are moving to Santiago in November. Have you moved down there yet?
If so, please send me a message offline at stephanie dot brandt dot love at gmail dot com. I have an 8 month old daughter Penelope, and would love to find some like minded mamas down there.
#3 of 6 Old 07-25-2010, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Did you end up there? The cesarean rate is egregious and it is NOT midwife-friendly. I didn't care for the pollution, either. But I nonetheless have fond memories of Chile and the Chilean people.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#4 of 6 Old 03-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Or family is also probably looking at a move to Chile within the next year. I'm still trying to figure out the visas, but should have plenty of time. ;) I'd love to know someone down there already, and apreciate any advice or input you have.

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#5 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 04:03 PM

Looks like I'm moving back to Chile at the end of the year or very early next year. I'm not planning to move to Santiago, but I have lots of friends and I been made FB friends that works in Natural Births and LLL., etc. I'm planning to Homeschool over there.

Mama of and , partners.gif with  Love
#6 of 6 Old 05-14-2011, 05:07 PM

isabchi, did you homeschool in Chile when you lived there before? What's the general attitude like toward homeschooling/?

Also, I'm having a heck of a time finding out what (if any) the legal certification requirements for midwives or doulas is in Chile. Do you have any idea? Or maybe some of the contacts you've made might?

TIA

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page