anyone in Brazil? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-03-2009, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter
EMS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are there any mamas in Brazil? I'm in Bahia. We've been here for about six weeks, and will be living here for at least two years. It looks from this board like there are some people scattered in different parts of the county. Anyone else in the Northeast?

www.thegoldenpapaya.com
Raising Three Boys in Brazil ::
#2 of 6 Old 09-29-2009, 07:57 PM

Hi Mama ..
Im in Brazil, in the Northeast. In Rio Grande do Norte, in a little beach village called Praia da Pipa. Still quite far from Bahia, but lovely. I have been here for 3 years and will probably be here for another year or so. PM me .. any questions or just to chat or if you would ever like to visit further north. .. how old are your children ? .. I forgot to look at your siggy.

Tanya

Mama to my little milk monster, Malu : (12/20/08)
#3 of 6 Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 AM

I'm in Sao Paulo...not so close!
We've been in SP for just over a year and will be here at least another 2 years. We'll probably stay longer if I get pregnant this year!

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#4 of 6 Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Hi, we're moving there in January! We'll be moving to Sao Paulo. I'd love to find an English-speaking playgroup for DD. I know this is an old thread but I think I'd check at least if there's anybody interested.
#5 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by physmom View Post

Hi, we're moving there in January! We'll be moving to Sao Paulo. I'd love to find an English-speaking playgroup for DD. I know this is an old thread but I think I'd check at least if there's anybody interested.
Hi and welcome!! Do you know the area of Sao Paulo you'll be in? Most of the Americans are in Morumbi; you will definitely be able to find other moms there--even AP ones. Outside of Morumbi, it is not so easy. There are plenty of English-speakers in the city, though.

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#6 of 6 Old 10-13-2010, 10:28 AM

We don't know the neighborhood yet but we are looking at Morumbi as a possibility. Any suggestions on good places for finding apts?

DH and I will both be working at USP so we're trying to find something nearby. We also need to find either a daycare or preschool for DD so we're keeping that in mind during our search. That's good to know that there are a number of other American AP moms! Dh is really worried that DD won't get enough English exposure...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page