Intentional Communities in Costa Rica - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anybody live in one? My family and I are looking to move there at some point during the next couple of years, and I wanting information on the cost of living, etc. As the title says, I am interested in finding an intentional community that correlates with our values(generally just working together to take care of the Earth and of each other. ;-)). I've been looking at this one online, and it looks amazing, but wanted to see if anyone on Mothering had suggestions as well. :-) Thank you!

Oh, and we would like to be no more than 45 minutes from the beach, preferably on the pacific side.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#2 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Also, RE: our values...we are a non-vaxing family, and I like to treat ailments as naturally as possible. How easy is it to find practicing ND's in Costa Rica? Chiropractors? Any other non-vaxers living down there that can share their experiences?

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).

#3 of 10 Old 05-13-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

No one? wink1.gif

#4 of 10 Old 06-03-2012, 08:15 AM

Hello, I discovered your post by simply doing a Google search for intentional communities in Central America.  I was just thinking, prior to finding you, that maybe my husband and I could find people in the states that want to change their lives.  My husband and I are seeking an amazing intentional community somewhere in Central America.  If you find what your seeking, please let us know...and if you would like, we will do the same!

#5 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 04:43 PM

http://www.fincabellavista.com/

Land is soooo affordable down there! A friend of ours has land that we are going to go check out asap.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#6 of 10 Old 10-03-2012, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Feathers Forever, sure that would be great! BabyMae09, that site looks amazing, thank you! :-)

We have no definite plans just yet, but we are keeping it open as a possibility. Please keep me posted if you all make it down there!

BabyMae09 likes this.

#7 of 10 Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 PM

Hi Pisces Mama,

I just stumbled across this site. I am working at forming an intentional community here in Panama.  It will be within a mile of the coast.  It's a very verdant, and quite virgin area.  Yet, an hour away from a decent size city.  Please write me to chat about out ideas.  My concept involves a completely wholistic, and sustainable community. \

jdeslondes@gmail.com

buen dia,

Jim

#8 of 10 Old 12-13-2012, 01:32 PM

Hi, 

We are moving from the US to Costa Rica in 3 weeks with a 2 year old and 4 month old.  I just started a blog to share our adventures.  You might want to follow me and see what I experience in the next few months... My blog is mommybluebird.com

I am planning to write about healthy and eco-friendly living, and the culture of raising little ones while traveling (Costa Rica, to start with).  

Good luck finding the right community for your family!

Emily

CDing, BFing, BWing, bread-baking, animal-loving, non-stop traveling Mama of 2 sweeties, and loving every minute of it!

www.travelmother.com

#9 of 10 Old 02-16-2013, 12:15 PM

Thank you Emily for all your blog posts. So helpful in planning the move to CR!
#10 of 10 Old 02-16-2013, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Emily!! thumb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page