Natural birth in Brazil? Help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello, ladies! My sister in law moved to Brazil recently after marrying a man from there and they just found out that they're expecting their first! smile.gif super exciting, but natural, vaginal deliveries are almost unheard of there. She always planned on natural birth with midwives and that isn't looking too good. They live in Vitória and don't know anyone that hasn't had a planned c-section.

Please, somebody, tell me there's some hope for her! Anyone know of midwives in that area or OBs that are more natural-minded?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-30-2014, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you get my PM?
I actually live in the city next to Vitória and have tons of info I'd be happy to pass on to your sister-in-law

Take care!
#3 of 4 Old 07-20-2014, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sewgirl, maybe you can help me out too? I just moved to VV and am still looking for a good option for the (quickly approaching) birth of my second child. I'm on a couple fb groups locally, where I have learned alot, but any other info would be really appreciated!
#4 of 4 Old Today, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

I posted this reply on another forum here in Mothering - but posting it here as well in hopes of connecting with the right people !!!

So I'm a Certified Professional Midwife here in the States, looking to possibly traveling to Brazil next May to deliver an American friend who is currently living near Cruzeiro do Sul - AC, Brazil.

She has a Brazilian doctor friend there who is telling her that home births in Brazil are illegal and that she will not be able to get a birth certificate filed if she births out of the hospital.

She said she hears of people doing home births there, but is not connected with the community and is currently living out in the Amazon and doesn't have good access to communication.

So I'm just asking here if anyone has information on what is correct or not about home birth in the Cruzeiro do Sul area in Brazil, and how we would file a birth certificate ?? Or who we can contact to get this information?

Thank you!!
Faith Morie CPM LM
[email protected]

User Tag List