Low baby.. Worried - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
So, I'm 32 weeks today and yesterday at the midwife appt. she said the baby was really low and was asking if I was having any contractions (Not really) and we talked about when to call (4 contractions in an hour). Last night I had one contraction that I'm sure of, but nothing else, so not at all concerning.

But, with my son I was induced and had the pitocin drip all the way up, no epidural and I hardly felt a thing (mild menstrual cramps). The nurses would come rushing in asking me when I wanted the epidural. They said that with contractions like I was having (with an internal monitor) I should be in a lot of pain. My midwife thinks that was probably because my body was completely not ready for birth (36 weeks, got to 4 cm, ended in a C), but there's always a chance that I'm one of those flukes of nature that doesn't feel contractions.

Now I'm starting to worry. If I was in pre-term labor, would I know? Does anyone else have a low baby?

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#2 of 8 Old 03-06-2009, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a low baby, my DS liked to hang out low as well. I don't think a low baby alone is a bad thing, especially if you've btdt or have a roomy pelvis. If its accompanied by contractions or dilation or effacement then I would be worried.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 8 Old 03-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Indeed! So low! Some days I feel like it could just push its way out! And, this little one seriously knocks at the door. I can feel all kind of movement right at my cervix; so much, in fact, that it feels like a little hand might just push its way through!

I have had no noticeable contractions, however. I am 33 weeks today.
#4 of 8 Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 PM

Same here!! I have feet in my ribs and a head and hands MUCH lower!!!!

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#5 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 01:05 AM

I've got a low hanging out in my pelvis baby too, thankfully head down. She is definitely low but the MW didn't say anything about being worried/concerned about it. It quite a strange feeling though... like she is tickling my cervix or something??
#6 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 03:40 PM

My little one is sitting very low lately. This is my first baby, so I have no clue if that's normal, but that's where she likes to hang out. I do occasionally get painful contractions, but I was told as long as they stay more than an hour apart that it's okay.
#7 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bet its just how you are put together! If you are one of the lucky people with a butt you probably have room in there for a baby! I know I have no butt and a short torso and I carry in my ribs : I'm much looking forward to him dropping.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#8 of 8 Old 03-07-2009, 04:39 PM

Im really low too but I'm also 80%effaced and 2cm dilated. I think that a low baby right now is fine and pretty normal I think for a second baby. If the other stuff was occurring I would be more concerned.

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page