Anyone else wondering how they're going to make it another 6-10 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 29 Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 31 (almost 32) weeks and today, I feel like I just hit a mental wall. I'm packing on weight, I move like someone pushed the slo-mo button on my body, every position I shift to brings a new set of pains and creaking and aches. I have friends (one in particular) who have recently lost babies and would give anything to have these complaints. And every time I start feeling like I'm sick of the whole pregnancy thing, I just feel worse because I feel guilty for being ungrateful. I know that having a baby is a blessing and I am beyond excited at the prospect of having another newborn in the house. I seriously can't wait.

I just feel like...how can I possibly go another 8 weeks, putting on (at best!) 2 lbs/week, feeling like a beached whale? It feels like that mid-semester burnout slump you hit in college..."Um, yes, I signed up for a baby, I'd like it...now."

Anyone else there?

[ / whine ]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 29 Old 03-06-2009, 11:53 PM

Yeah, being pregnant is not like on the movies..lol On TV you get a cute little belly and then you have a cute little baby..lol

In real life, you vomit more than anyone should in a lifetime, can't pee correctly, mood swings, EVERYTHING hurts..Pregnancy pretty much sucks...lol

But I am very excited to have my baby. Can't wait. 11.5 more weeks. :
#3 of 29 Old 03-07-2009, 10:10 AM

I'm right there with you. 31 weeks tomorrow and completely uncomfortable and cranky.
#4 of 29 Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM

I think I reached a turning point at 30 weeks where it was no longer "cute" to be pregnant. I mean I still think I look cute but I don't feel cute! I'm at the point where I'm uncomfortable on nearly every surface. I spend my evenings sitting on the couch for a few minutes, draping over the ball for a few, laying on my belly in a bean bag chair, back to the couch, laying on my side......repeat repeat. And getting up from every surface comes with a lof of sharp pain, pressure, and wincing. I waddle like a penguin. I am out of breath when I read to DS, and when I'm just sitting even! The baby kicks are more like tidal waves! And they are hitting nerves so sometimes I jump! And the frequent peeing JUST kicked in like this week. Ugh.

But I am trying to remain positive since I am nowhere near giving birth (unless I am surprised with an early bird!). I don't know if this is my last pregnancy or not so I'm trying to savor the good sensations.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#5 of 29 Old 03-07-2009, 12:24 PM

Mostly I'm totally fine, but this has been a tough week - first DH was down with the flu and so I was doing everything and wore myself right out, and now I'm down with the flu (yes, the flu. Not a stomach bug. Not a cold. Not a fever. ALL of it at once! Plus heartburn just for kicks).

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#6 of 29 Old 03-07-2009, 03:50 PM

On one hand I'm getting tired of being tired and uncomfortable all the time, but on the other I feel like I'm running out of time to get everything done before the baby gets here as it is.
#7 of 29 Old 03-07-2009, 06:51 PM

I've had heartburn/indigestion so bad the past two nights that I've thrown up. I am hoping that this isn't cause for concern, and just that I've run out of space in my belly. I didn't have any morning sickness so it's surprising that this is happening at 31/32 weeks.

I also feel huge! I'm short, so I don't feel as though I'm carrying "low" or "high", I'm sort of carrying all over!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#8 of 29 Old 03-08-2009, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree. Being the pregnant is no longer pretty. I'm even getting to where I can't 'hide' that I'm pregnant. I used to be able to do all the things that I could do non pregnant. I can barely get out of my chair anymore

I feel really crappy, swollen, my belly hurts, everything I eat I burp back up. *sigh*

I am totally with you there in whine-city.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#9 of 29 Old 03-08-2009, 04:08 AM

I would love to finish out this pregnancy in May! (I'm due May 1st) I have a sneaking suspicion though that I'm going to deliver early this time (I was late with DD#1). I guess we'll see!
#10 of 29 Old 03-08-2009, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Naw...I figure I don't have a choice in the matter so I'll just try to make the best of it. Mine will likely be at least one week overdue, if not two. I'll start getting impatient when I'm overdue. If I start now, I won't be worth anything the next ten weeks.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#11 of 29 Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 PM

I'm only 28 weeks! So you all are lucky, IMHO

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#12 of 29 Old 03-08-2009, 11:28 PM

I think everyone else is wondering how I will make it another 10 weeks lol. I kinda wonder how my belly will make it another 10 weeks. Thinking I will need a wheel barrow to roll it around in lol.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#13 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMae09 View Post
I'm only 28 weeks! So you all are lucky, IMHO
Yeah...but remember, we had to go through that point, too. And, if it makes you feel any better, I ALWAYS go late so some of you late May'ers will most likely go before me. (And I'll resent the heck outta it! )

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#14 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 07:06 AM

Count me in! I've been having stupid fantasies about going into labour early, until my sensible brain kicks in and reminds me that having a premature baby would be much worse than being pregnant for another 8 weeks.

I'm still fairly mobile, but getting awful sciatica down my right hand side, and none of the chairs in my house are comfy anymore. Oh, and I'm tired of having to pick up my enormously heavy toddler - I'm especially tired of having to carry him up 3 flights of stairs when he falls asleep in the pram on the walk home from playgroup. And I'm starting to have to lasso my knickers over my feet in the morning

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#15 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Yes! I am starting to really feel huge and not be able to do normal stuff. I hate putting on socks or any shoes that I have to tie and I will leave stuff on the floor if I drop it. Less than 8 weeks until my due date may 1st!

I am starting to think about preparing the baby things-washing the clothes, getting a couple nursing bras, new nursing friendly PJs.

I am really excited, next monday I am going to have maternity/family photos taken:. It is my 'gift' for the birth! We are also having newborn photos taken.

We create our own reality.
#16 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 01:27 PM

So far I'm not too bad except that I'm so tired. It's crazy. I'm wondering if I have low iron. I had my blood drawn yesterday and I'll find out on Thursday. I'm hoping that's what it is because if I'm just THIS tired just because I'm pregnant I'm not going to be happy. I can barely get out of bad in the morning, I never feel rested when I wake up, so getting to work on time is getting harder and harder. I'm not sure how I'm going to work until I deliver. I have to though, I just got a huge project and I need to devote a ton of time to it.
#17 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 PM

I'm the opposite. I'm 31 weeks. I can't believe I will be done in like 9 weeks. That makes me sad. I want it to last as long as possible.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#18 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm running out of space to breathe, which doesn't thrill me...
#19 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Poppies View Post
And I'm starting to have to lasso my knickers over my feet in the morning
Hahaha I know what you mean! I now have to get everything ready and put it on the bed before I can get dressed. I absolutly can't balance on one foot, nor can I balance while ptting a shirt over my head or hooking my bra.

I'm hit the wall today and there's still 8 weeks to go! I'm so tired. I'll never make it.... whine

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#20 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 04:01 PM

I feel the same way! I can barely move around. I feel a lot of pressure when I walk, plus I have extremely bad swelling, so bad in fact that it is cuasing carpal tunnel in my hands and wrists. The only shoes that I can still wear are crocs athens flip-flops in a size 10!!

I am huge--one lady asked me how many "I was packing?" LOL. I am SOOOOO ready for this to be over. Only 6 more weeks!
#21 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedwifey View Post
So far I'm not too bad except that I'm so tired. It's crazy. I'm wondering if I have low iron. I had my blood drawn yesterday and I'll find out on Thursday. I'm hoping that's what it is because if I'm just THIS tired just because I'm pregnant I'm not going to be happy. I can barely get out of bad in the morning, I never feel rested when I wake up, so getting to work on time is getting harder and harder. I'm not sure how I'm going to work until I deliver. I have to though, I just got a huge project and I need to devote a ton of time to it.
I just had mine tested cause we thought mine was low. Nope, actually went up since my 14 week draw. I am so exhausted its incredible. At 9 this am I was ready to go to bed. I am dragging everywhere. I can't wait to have my energy back.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#22 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 04:45 PM

I'm really enjoying the late stage. The puking and feeling like garbage for the first 16 weeks I could have done without. I'm with Lissa on this one, I can't believe I have 10 weeks left. I'm really going to miss this when its over.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#23 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Yeah I think that even with all the pains, sleeping problems, pupps, etc, being so violently ill for so long makes this part of pregnancy feel orgasmic.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#24 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 05:08 PM

I'm kind of on the fence.
I can't wait for this to be over- still having morning sickness, which has at least subsided to the morning now, reflux has kicked in, dizzy/faint spells, hurting all over, exhausted... Yeah, I could happily be done.
On the other hand... It just really hit home yesterday that when this is over... There will be THREE of them!!

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#25 of 29 Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Completely and totally YES!

I was going to start a thread, actually, about depression. But, really, it's pretty much covered with "how will I make it for another x# of weeks?"

There is nothing else I can keep in my mind besides being uncomfortable, tired, cranky, weepy (TOO WEEPY!), and just generally feeling awful. I can't stand feeling sorry for myself, and it's hard not to.

And, sure, it's great we'll have a baby (she said trying to be funny, of COURSE it's beautiful!) but I'd just like to be able to easily put on my socks. Please?
#26 of 29 Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM

I'm not looking forward to less sleep while still working, probably next month. My stretch marks are SO itchy it drives me nuts. Other than that, not too bad. It's fun to feel the baby move a lot all day. I am a lot less mobile so it'll be nice to get some core strength back . I can't wait for the baby to come!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#27 of 29 Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 AM

i'm pretty good so far at 29 weeks no major complaints except the increased soreness/pain thats in my crotch which prevents me from standing on one leg to put pants on or roll over in bed or get off of the couch without some discomfort. Bath time with my toddler is getting complicated but it isnt anything I can't handle, and I can feel my energy start to go.... but i know those are minimal compared to whats to come in the weeks ahead

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#28 of 29 Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheartedmom View Post
It feels like that mid-semester burnout slump you hit in college..."Um, yes, I signed up for a baby, I'd like it...now."
Hehehe... I actually have mid-semester burnout (this week is the halfway point in the semester, which is when it usually hits for me), AND starting to have some pregnant burnout, too.

LUCKILY, they are kind of cancelling each other out (the semester ends and the baby's due in the same week), so I'm doing okay. I have the semester to keep me busy and keep me from wanting the baby to come soon, and the promise of the baby coming to motivate me through finishing the semester (my last before getting my Associate's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
can't pee correctly,
ROTFL I was bitching last night about how I feel like I HAVE TO PEE NOW GET OUT OF THE WAY, then I get in there and.... like half a teaspoon (heh, sorry if that's TMI). Really? When it feels like I was going to pee a gallon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_p_i View Post
I also feel huge! I'm short, so I don't feel as though I'm carrying "low" or "high", I'm sort of carrying all over!
*sigh* I think that's a preg-with-girl thing, I'm having a girl, too, and I'm the same way. Probably more "high" than "low", but really it's basically like I'm stealing a watermelon. I'm starting to envy the chicks having boys because they get the cute little low basketball belly.

Or, it could be a short thing. I'm 5'3", and built fairly slender, so there really isn't much to my body right now EXCEPT for this enormous belly.

Really-- I feel like a watermelon with arms and legs.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#29 of 29 Old 03-10-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneBabe View Post
Completely and totally YES!

I was going to start a thread, actually, about depression. But, really, it's pretty much covered with "how will I make it for another x# of weeks?"

There is nothing else I can keep in my mind besides being uncomfortable, tired, cranky, weepy (TOO WEEPY!), and just generally feeling awful. I can't stand feeling sorry for myself, and it's hard not to.

And, sure, it's great we'll have a baby (she said trying to be funny, of COURSE it's beautiful!) but I'd just like to be able to easily put on my socks. Please?
I was going to start a thread about this today too but remembered someone mentioning it here.
Seriously, I'm so down today I could just take to my bed and cry... if I didn't have a toddler to chase around. Instead, I'm just chasing him around and crying. I've never been a "weepy pregnant woman" so this is really messing with me and, sort of funny but not too, the fact that I'm all weepy and depressed is making me *more* weepy and depressed. This sucks.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page