the baby moves constantly! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it's so different then when I was pregnant with my first DD. She didn't move as much or either I didn't feel it as much. This baby feels like she never stays still. It's not really kicking either it's more poking. Like she's constantly stretching her arms and legs out Anyone else's baby moving all the time?
#2 of 8 Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 PM

Yeah, especially in the last week - nudges all around during the day. I haven't been woken up, but much more daytime activity in between naps.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 8 Old 03-13-2009, 04:00 PM

Mine moved ALL. THE. TIME. until about two weeks ago (I'm 31 weeks). Now there are definitely longer stretches of more defined waking/sleeping. I think she's starting to get crowded in there, too, because instead of hard powerful kicks and punches, it's all stretching/readjusting/poking knees and elbows.

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#4 of 8 Old 03-13-2009, 05:53 PM

My LO moves all the time too, and has for several weeks. However I've noticed some changes in the past week or so, instead of jabs or quick pokes, it's felt like she's doing little barrel rolls in there. I can feel her adjusting all the way across my stomach from one side to the other. At my MW appointment yesterday I was told she was head down, which could account for the changes in movement (that, and she's getting bigger and bigger!)

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#5 of 8 Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 PM

Completely! My first moved so little that I avoided that "count how many times she moves each day" stuff because I knew I'd be convinced something was wrong.

This one is *always* moving, it seems. Sometimes I don't know how she's punching and kicking in so many places at once. A little spider, she is. And, there she goes again, tickling my bladder.

She keeps me awake, this one!

I used to be skeptical when people said they knew about their baby's personalities while they were still in the womb, but, I can't help but wonder if this one is going to be totally different than my first. (Of course she'll be different, but, I mean REALLY different...)

--Heather
#6 of 8 Old 03-13-2009, 11:35 PM

I have a theory. This one is moving much more than my last two ever did and I have gained much less weight than the last two times, curious - has anyone else noticed this as well? I'm thinking she's burning more calories, ya think?

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#7 of 8 Old 03-14-2009, 10:05 AM

My little guy has been super active since 15 weeks. Has gone from hard jabs and kicks to slightly more gently nudges, tickles and sweeping motions in the past 3 weeks (I'm 30w now).

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#8 of 8 Old 03-14-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
I have a theory. This one is moving much more than my last two ever did and I have gained much less weight than the last two times, curious - has anyone else noticed this as well? I'm thinking she's burning more calories, ya think?
Haha, I don't know, mine has moved constantly since like 18 weeks, and I've gained 40 pounds!

If this is the case, I can't imagine what I'd be like if she was a quiet baby

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page