Breech Baby At 32 Weeks and 6 Days - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-31-2009, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After about a month of my baby being head down, he has turned back to a breech position. My midwife said that he is lying sideways with his head on my left side of my stomach and butt on my right side of my stomach. She said that he still has plenty of room to turn. This is my first baby. I'm getting worried about him not turning and staying turned. I'll be 33 weeks tomorrow. My midwife gave me some papers that include positions to try and get him to turn. I'll will start doing those. Anyone have any suggestions or words of encouragement?

Carolyn
#2 of 11 Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 PM

Visit spinningbabies.com and you will find a lot of suggestions there too. You have some time, so hopefully baby will find a better position!

We create our own reality.
#3 of 11 Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 PM

my baby is breech at 32 weeks and 6 days as well. Ive been trying to have good posture at all times and doing some of the suggestions on spinningbabies. My midwife said not to worry til 36 weeks so Im hoping she will turn before then!

No words of advice, just know you are not alone.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#4 of 11 Old 03-31-2009, 06:36 PM

You guys have plenty of time! Fear not!

I'd recommend both acupuncture and chiropractic - have heard and read very good results about both.
#5 of 11 Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 PM

We're in a breech worry right now, too and my midwife said we'll officially start worrying by next week. I won't C&P here, but the whole saga is here
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1064016

Was hoping to get more input by posting on the general pregnancy board, but it's not happening.

The things she mentioned were positioning, websters technique with a chiropractor and external version if nothing else works. Personally, I'm not sure I' comfortable with the last one, BUT I need to figure out if he is indeed breech, if I'm more comfortable with an external version (with continous monitoring during) or a c-section. *sigh*

Hopefully neither of us will have to worry about it much longer and babes will "fix" it for us.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#6 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 12:57 AM

ditto here, midwife didn't seem concerned either.
I've done a few inversions, went swimming yesterday, am trying to watch my posture, which is quite difficult! honestly, I can't tell what's what any more. *sigh* I have an anterior placenta too, so it's more difficult to feel what is where. At any rate, we still have a few weeks before anyone gets concerned and so far my babe is measuring smaller than DD at this time, so s/he should have lots of room to move around in there.

.... off to lay with my butt in the air somewhere.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#7 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 04:21 AM

I'm 35 weeks and a day today... yesterday I had my first Webster technique with the chiro and it was *awesome!* No idea if she'll turn (it sure feels tight in there to me), but, the loosing of the tight parts of my pelvis (I thought I was falling apart too loose, I was just out of balance) has been heavenly.

I mean, I'm hurting now and could use an adult diaper of an ice pack, but, stuff shifted... maybe she'll turn now? I'll go back for more adjustments, too.

Did headstands in the pool over the weekend. Being in the pool at all is amazing.

I still feel like she isn't going to turn, though. Just trying to try and get her to turn anyway...
#8 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 11:42 AM

You DO have plenty of time so dont worry to much just yet, taske this time to check out teh spinning babies as suggested and aim for proper posture.

I'm another with a breech @ 33wk3days(head down for sure @ 33wks though ggrrr) .. i know mine continue spinning right up to delivery usually though.
#9 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 PM

If it helps - my daughter was transverse until 36 weeks. Then she flipped. My second daughter was transverse until 33 weeks. With my oldest, I did a lot of swimming. I don't remember where I read it or who told me - but it was suggested that I swim lengths of the pool (swimming forward) while flipping from front to back to front to back, etc. It seemed to work. A couple of years later when my friend was breech at 37-38 weeks, she did it at the pool and the baby flipped. With my second daughter, she flipped after I was jumping around in a bouncy castle at a friend's (same friend actually) daughter's birthday party!
#10 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 12:47 PM

I'm 35 wks 4 days now, still breech I think. I've tried inversions, frozen peas, etc. On Saturday, I have an appt with a Webster trained chiro. I'm also going to try moxibustion. Anyway, at my 36 wk appt, if baby is still breech, the CNM will want to schedule the External version with one of her OBs.

I really do have this feeling the baby will turn, so I'm trying not to let this breech thing get to me. Still, it nags at the back of my mind...

Let's keep thinking positive. Turn babies turn.
#11 of 11 Old 04-01-2009, 03:21 PM

Going for an ultrasound Friday to see what's going on here.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page