Mothering Forum banner

ECV on myself last night...

847 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Madalyn 
#1 ·
Ok, so yesterday my baby flipped up to breech again after being down for 2 weeks. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow, so this was stressing me out all day long.

So, while I laid there, I had a long talk with her and her "angels" or whomever may have been listening before anything started happening. It was almost like she listened or something because a few minutes after that is when I started feeling her trying to push her bottom half up out of my pelvis.

I felt her kicking me hard down by my cervix and felt her butt thrusting uppward. After one big thrust, her butt shifted above my hip bone so she was in a transverse position. After about 10 minutes of laying there with no more kicks down low, I felt for her head, which was lodged up in my ribcage.

So, with my fingers, I slowly started to "walk" it down. It hovered above my hip bone for a little while, and then I gave it a little nudge and she went head down!

I was SOOOO SCARED afterward though! For some stupid reason, while I was doing it I felt like it was a good idea, then when she flipped, I started FREAKING OUT about all the things that could go wrong. She was still for a few minutes, just enough time to make me almost lose my mind, and then she started wiggling around and giving me some kicks on my upper right side and in my ribcage.

This morning I thought she might have flipped again, but after laying down on the couch and checking things out, she's still head down!

She's moving fine and all seems well. I'm going to call my m/w this morning just to make sure everything is ok. I'm totally open to going in for a u/s because I'm still just a little freaked out that I did something I shouldn't have, but my intuition says everything if fine.

Just had to share.
Sadie

See less See more
#8 ·
That is awesome! I'd do some pelvic rock positions asap for a bit off and on to give her a chance to setttle in that position if she needs to adjust at all.

That is GREAT!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.