If you can think of a way to make this name not ugly, you win my undying devotion - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Doh.

So, she had her baby--did she announce a name? I can't remember ...
#32 of 39 Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 PM

She had her baby? Oh dang. I just saw this thread and was gearing up to suggest Eugenia.

I wonder what the final verdict was?
#33 of 39 Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

I just logged in again after awhile, been at the NICU all the time - I named her Kate Eunice just did not work for me no matter how hard I tried. I thought maybe DH would go for Victoria since it means the same as Eunice and she barely made it out alive, but he said no.

Thanks for all your suggestions!! Very creative.
#34 of 39 Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Personally, I don't think either Eunice nor Agnes is ugly.
Good gosh, are you my cousin? Those are both names on my dad's side of the family.

Sorry I couldn't do Eunice. I do know a very sweet little Oona and that's cool, but something about the harder You sound is not my cup of tea. The Eu is not so pretty to look at either. Actually, I've always joked that Eunice and Bertha would make a good pair!

P.S. I much prefer Kate! Not that my opinion matters or anything! Kathleen is a name on my mom's side of the family that I seriously considered. Congratulations!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#35 of 39 Old 04-20-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Personally, I don't think either Eunice nor Agnes is ugly. I wouldn't say that either is the most sexy name, either, but... Of course, take into consideration the source of that opinion and the fact that I had every intention of naming my lost baby Euphrates (Euphie) if it was a girl (which is still how I refer to it... I think she was the girl I never got to have).

According to this site, Eunice is more popular than you seem to believe.
There's also "Uni" as a nickname (which I like, but again I'm weird).

Hey, this is off topic, and I am crashing this board from the June board, I'm due June 3. Sorry. But, I have the name Aristotle on my list! Do you get comments on the name?

To the OP. Congratulations! Kate is a cute a name.
#36 of 39 Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove View Post
Hey, this is off topic, and I am crashing this board from the June board, I'm due June 3. Sorry. But, I have the name Aristotle on my list! Do you get comments on the name?

To the OP. Congratulations! Kate is a cute a name.
We often get comments on both our boys' names, though Aristotle more frequently than Raphael. Be aware that the nickname I chose to use (Aris) has an unhappy similarity to a word referring to one's rear end, which unfortunately did not occur to me (and in which my brothers took great pleasure informing me).

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#37 of 39 Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 AM

Love the name Kate! My family has a lot of Irish heritage, lots of Cathleen and Caitlin type names Congratulations!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#38 of 39 Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
I can't think of anything....I like older sounding names, but Eunice just doesn't do anything for me.
It makes a great middle name.
#39 of 39 Old 04-29-2009, 12:49 AM

I used to work with a Eunice, everyone called her Ness, in fact I didn't realize her real name was Eunice until I recieved her paycheck by mistake.

Katherine, SAHM to 2 little princes

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page