Wondering if anyone else is asking predictions from family & friends? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started asking today at playgroup when they thought I would go and what I was having since we do not know the sex.

I have a variety of answers, of course, so it has been interesting. They all give different reasons so I have found it quite amusing.

So far I will go in 3 wks to my EDD with the majority saying it is a girl.

What predictions have others made for you?

~LM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#2 of 11 Old 04-17-2009, 02:32 PM

MIL thinks I'll go early, same with chiro. Not beliveing it

As for gender, my family has mostly guessed/wanted girl, and DH's family mostly on the boy side.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Everyone but 1 friend is guessing a boy, and my dad is very much hoping girl - something about 2nd boys conflicting with the mother in-utero almost like the Rh factor thing but with gender. Nobody has said any predictions about when baby would come, I've been so vague when I tell them when I'm due ("2-7 weeks left now", "a month, give or take a few weeks", "sometime in May or just around it").
#4 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM

Most of my friends and family are predicting girl, except for my FIL who is sure it's a boy. I still kind of think it's a boy, too, but I'm really not sure. I suppose we'll find out soon! Everyone is guessing I'll go a few days before my EDD, but I'm trying hard not to get too attached to that idea.

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#5 of 11 Old 04-18-2009, 06:42 PM

I'm not asking for predictions, but I'm getting them! LOL
Random people come up to me and insist I am having a girl. Family all says girl too. That's kinda what I think, but I'm not sure if maybe it is just wishful thinking since this is our last and we already have 3 boys.
The worst was my mom though. She wasn't making predictions, but wanted me to tell her when the baby would be born so she could plan her calendar around it. Uhhhh, I don't know when baby is coming. Then she wanted to know if my mw had given me a time frame. Yeah, I said, from about mid-April to the end of May? Finally I just told her that I was due May 11 and was that good enough. So now she thinks I'm having the baby right around May 11. Whatever. I'll call her when i want her here I guess.
Maybe I need to revie the natural birth philosophy with her again.
#6 of 11 Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 AM

I'm getting predictions from everyone without solicitation too! Mostly it's "oh, you aren't going to make it into May, and if you do, it's not going to be by much!"

For my baby shower (today, yay!) my mom is doing a game for people to guess the date of delivery and size of the baby (we know she's a girl, at least, we think we know!). It should be fun, and I thought it was cute the way she's got it set up

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#7 of 11 Old 04-19-2009, 06:56 PM

We know we're having a boy... but everyone but my dad thinks I'll go early and not to my due date cause I'm already so big and so low. Most people I see/meet think I'm already 40 weeks and I'm just 35 tomorrow.

Jill - 2.5 year old b/g twins and our new son (May 2009)
#8 of 11 Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 PM

I was 3 minutes late to my massage appointment...My therapist was panicked...lol She thought maybe I had gone into labor. I said, "I'm always late to my appointment, you're just on time today!" LOL

I've been forbidden by my best friend to go into labor before next Sunday. No one thinks I'll make it till May 26.
#9 of 11 Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 PM

Everyone says boy for me, EVERYONE! I would be darned foolish to think this baby is a girl at this point but I am still holding out hope, lol. I plan on having my family do an online birth guess pool at www.expectnet.com. I posted the link on here a month ago but not many people responded. The site lets people enter guesses for gender, birthdate, time and stats. Then when baby is born it calculates the person with the closest and most accurate guess for you. I did it for my daughter two years ago. Its pretty cool.

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

#10 of 11 Old 04-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Most people are thinking I'm going to go early. I think there's a bit of nervousness that I'm going to have this baby during our big cantata on Saturday! I shouldn't have told everyone that her name means "with music."
#11 of 11 Old 04-19-2009, 11:52 PM

I'm getting my friends to predict on my facebook page. It is pretty entertaining, most are including name predictions along with gender, date and weight. Somehow I don't like it when strangers look at me and say 'your having a ...'

We create our own reality.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page