Chat Thread: April 19th-25th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really should keep up with the chat threads more! The weather is nice here too. It's killing my hubby because he's wanting to go golfing but he's been horribly sick all week.

Does anybody have any cloth nursing pad suggestions for me? My boobs have suddenly got a leaky mind of their own and I'm getting overwhelmed by all the different cloth ones. I almost chopped up a prefold last night and stuffed it in there lol.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 PM

Yep. 88 here. We made the mistake of going to an outdoor festival this afternoon and I'm exhausted from the heat. I think tomorrow will be a beach day.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#123 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madalyn View Post
I really should keep up with the chat threads more! The weather is nice here too. It's killing my hubby because he's wanting to go golfing but he's been horribly sick all week.

Does anybody have any cloth nursing pad suggestions for me? My boobs have suddenly got a leaky mind of their own and I'm getting overwhelmed by all the different cloth ones. I almost chopped up a prefold last night and stuffed it in there lol.
I haven't had much luck with washable pads, I'd suggest going with some made by a cloth diaper or breast pump company though. They are good for light/moderate absorption but be sure they have a waterproof backing.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#124 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:21 PM

I just bought a pack from Kushies. I don't like their diapers , but if the nursing pads suck, they were cheap, so it's not a big deal.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#125 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:28 PM

Is there a green with envy smiley?
It is not hot here, it was for part of yesterday, though. It is around 40 today. The sun is finally out and the sky has turned from a depressed grey to a cheerful cerulean.

Today is my due date and...well, nothing.
Maybe tonight...or in two weeks!!! gee.

I just got done walking and feel a little tight. I'm off for a shower and a b-day party I was planning to not be able to attend.
#126 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
Yep. 88 here. We made the mistake of going to an outdoor festival this afternoon and I'm exhausted from the heat. I think tomorrow will be a beach day.
It's 88 here too in Pittsburgh! But very breezy so it was nice to take a walk. Hot in our apt. though.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#127 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 PM

The weather was gorgeous here today as well! I'm not a real hot-weather person, so I was perfectly content at 72 degrees. I still have the windows open and it feels wonderful.

Baby is incredibly wiggly today. I got lots done, perhaps because of the weather, I actually had a decent amount of energy. Finally!

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#128 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:43 PM

I've joined the crabby club. DH and I spent last fall discussing what we were going to do to our yard to make it more manageable, i.e. take out some of our over-grown-with-weeds flower beds that I can't keep up with and have no interest in and plant grass there instead, let the garden have a fallow summer, etc etc etc. And MIL moved in and all tht has seemed to go out the window and I just KNOW that I'm going to end up doing a significant portion of weeding in the flower garden and if they think that SS and SD are going to do ANY weeding then they are sadly mistaken! And then DH told MIL that she could plant pumpkins along the fence, which is falling down and needs to be replaced and I just spent THREE YEARS trying to get the neighbours to co-operate and they are both on-board for this summer. ARG!!!!

And frankly, there's a whole host of other trivial complaints that just add up on top of one another and make a person more and more crabby. : And DD is being.... well, TWO!

The good news is that I hummed and hawed long enough about buying an inflatable hot-tub to use as a birth pool that it was $50 cheaper when I finally decided yes, so we went and bought that last night.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#129 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 06:48 PM

Oh my goodness. We are having the most amazing thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms. The air smells amazing. The breeze through the house is beautiful. The kids and I danced in the rain on the deck. I am feeling pretty happy right now.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#130 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM

I was really hoping to go into labor early, but now that I've hit 37 weeks, I hope that baby waits another week or two...

We've got our contractor friend coming on Monday to cut a huge hole in our kitchen where we had a big window and put in a set of french doors. Then next weekend my step dad is coming to help dh build a deck leading off the back of the house.

I'm so excited to have it done! Its the springtime project I told dh I wanted done before baby came no matter what (in addition to finishing the half-finished sprinkler system installation dh started in October). But, I KNOW from previous projects that it isn't going to come together as easily as it seems. So, with my edd being 3 weeks away, I figure I can just kiss my hopes of going early goodbye.

Oh well. I'll just continue to stalk the rest of you and live vicariously through you all!

Sadie
#131 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
Oh my goodness. We are having the most amazing thunderstorms. I love thunderstorms. The air smells amazing. The breeze through the house is beautiful. The kids and I danced in the rain on the deck. I am feeling pretty happy right now.
You must be getting what we got last night! What a light show!
#132 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Exciting plans Sadie! We have had a quote done for screening in a portion of our deck. I was sitting out there this evening enjoying the lake and the birds (till the bugs found me) I'm hoping it happens soon. Our home is WELL insulated, to the point of being waaaay too hot in the summertime so having a screened in porch is essential!

Sorry nothing happened yet on your due date, russianthistle. I'm thinking it'll be the same for me, tomorrow on mine.

I'm thinking I am getting to the end of my patience. I am feeling sorta claustrophobic with this baby clawing and flailing around. I have a lot of pressure, random pain in my thighs, and braxton hicks so tight and frequent that I can hardly breathe sometimes! And I have wicked heartburn tonight.

DH had some guy friends over for a sauna night so I am by myself in the house. Totally bored, watching trashy lifetime movies. I'm READY, Griffin, drop the hormone already and start our labor!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#133 of 152 Old 04-25-2009, 10:53 PM

April and russianthistle- I feel for you, it is hard to see the due date come and go. I am fully expecting the same for myself this Wednesday. I have lost all momentum for projects and am back to getting the necessities done around the house. I have to depend on DH to finish the nesting for us. I wish I could eat myself to happiness but the darned heartburn is too bad! I feel really different today, I don't know if it is the heat, but I am lumbering along and I think I am waddling. Baby is moving tons, butt from right to left every couple of days and back again.

It was 92 here today! I am thankful that it has gotten cool with a little rain so I could open up the house and put off another day of turning on the air conditioning. OUr bedroom is the hottest place in the house

We create our own reality.
#134 of 152 Old 04-26-2009, 02:23 AM

My baby shower is tomorrow. (Well today, officially..It's pretty much Sunday) We have Sweetie's family, and 2 of his friends in town for it. I ran around this afternoon helping my friend get the rest of the stuff for the shower, and then Sweetie wanted to go to dinner up on the north end where he and his dad were shopping. So I met them up there, and bought a pair of shorts to wear tomorrow. Then we went to Benihana's for dinner. (Yay!) and to the movies.

Saw the movie Fighting. It was actually pretty good.

It was sooooo hot today. And I really don't want to buy summer maternity clothes. Normally it stays pretty well cool through May. I hate spending money on clothes that I won't wear for long. Grrr.

My feet look like baseball gloves. I have them propped up on couch cushions. My fingers are a bit swollen also. I've also been horrible crampy today, had some awful cramps that made my eyes water. All I could think of was I refuse to go into labor tonight, I'm not missing my own baby shower. I'll be glad to get through tomorrow, get rid of the visitors. I'm declaring this next week vacation, and I'm resting. And after tomorrow, this baby has an invitation to come on out whenever he likes.
#135 of 152 Old 04-26-2009, 10:15 AM

Go Lotus! : to you, mama!

Here I am, now, overdue. I really thought that it wasn't going to happen this time...but so it goes. I am not officially miserable yet.

I will walk again today, perhaps w/ ds if I can get him to stay in the stroller. I mean, I'm not getting exercise I'd normally get w/ ds dawdling along looking at sticks and acorns. I found this wonderful little trail straight to my favorite beach on Lake Superior. And, it only takes this pregnant body a mere 20 min. to walk there from its house!

Have fun at your baby shower, JD!
#136 of 152 Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 PM

Its 90 here!! Not at all feeling like April. We had to turn the air on last night because it just got so hot in the house, we were melting. I hated to do it but it was just too hot!.

I am feeling good 37w tomorrow. I'm hoping this babe makes her
appearance sooner rather than later as the moving plans keep changing. We were going to wait to put out house on the market till after we moved but the relator and my MIL think it should go on the market mid June!! Just weeks after baby's arrival no matter when she comes. Its totally nutz really!!!

Anyway I'd prefer to have a wee bit more time to recoup and enjoy her before the madness ensues and I have people trekking through my house. UGH!!

ON a happy note we have finally decided on a name......

Eliza Hope. I'm still unsure about Hope but DH picked it out and well he didn't have much say in naming our other two. I think it'll grow on me.
#137 of 152 Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
DH had some guy friends over for a sauna night so I am by myself in the house. Totally bored, watching trashy lifetime movies. I'm READY, Griffin, drop the hormone already and start our labor!
Lol I have watched so many bad lifetime movies during my pregnancy so far! I hope something happens for you soon!

#138 of 152 Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 PM

Lotus and russianthistle-hope you both are doing well and that your babies appear soon!

I am due wed and I really don't feel like anything is going to happen soon. I feel too good, I mean sometimes it is hard to move, but mostly I feel pretty good. I stayed inside all day in the AC because it was in the 90's. No spring for us!

Just found out DH is working all day on my birthday (May 1st), 12-10 pm, bummer.

I am trying to keep myself busy. I am making wall hangings for the baby room and I thought I would finally do a scrapbook for DS (only a little late..)

Had some delicious cake for a neighbor's b day to feed my ever growing sweet tooth.

#139 of 152 Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 PM

Lotus hasn't been about, today..............I"m thinking.................
: : : : : :
#140 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 12:42 AM

I was thinking the same thing...

#141 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 AM

Oh, that would be so exciting! I've been thinking about you two (Lotus and Russianthistle) all week wondering if you were next. How bout Kricket?! Lucky.

I did so much nesting today there's no way I'd have enough energy to birth a baby in the next couple of days!

Sadie
#142 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 AM

I'll let Lotus update when she's ready

#143 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I'll let Lotus update when she's ready
I've been checking for this like mad! hehe

#144 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_p_i View Post
I've been checking for this like mad! hehe
Do you have her as a friend on facebook?

#145 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Do you have her as a friend on facebook?
Yep, I just posted on her page actually We've known each other for years (since high school)

#146 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_p_i View Post
Yep, I just posted on her page actually We've known each other for years (since high school)
Oh wow, I didn't realize that!

#147 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Oh wow, I didn't realize that!
hehe that's how I found MDC

#148 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 AM

Its such a small world, isn't it? I've always been surprised at the number of people on here that I end up knowing IRL. With my last pregnancy there were several people on here who saw my midwife and we ended up being in the same centering group together.

Well I updated my other thread but I think labor is becoming imminent for me. I've had diarrhea for the last 3 days and lost a big chunk of mucus plug last night and more this morning. I had contractions in bed afterward but they are nothing more than strong BH's and lots of pressure at this point. Aside from the bm's, this is very similar to how I started labor with DS. Kind of like the calm before the storm, so to speak. I'm going to putter around the house today and see if it goes anywhere, though I'm still planning on having a few more days

#149 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 09:34 AM

Katie-fantastic news! It would be amazing for your DH to be here for the birth!

#150 of 152 Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolansmum View Post
Katie-fantastic news! It would be amazing for your DH to be here for the birth!
I know, right? It seems like this baby is trying to tell us that there's no way in heck DH is going to leave before they meet each other. He is set to leave this weekend. Its still pretty early which makes me kind of nervous but DS had all the signs of being an early baby as well, so I know a bit more what to expect this time around.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page