Anyone have a rash around their stretch marks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else have a red, bumpy, and itchy rash where their stretch marks are? I have a red, bumpy, and itchy rash where my stretch marks are. Is this normal during the last few weeks of pregnancy? Is there anything I can do about it? I've been putting vitamin e on my belly daily.

Carolyn
#2 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 03:43 PM

I don't know if I have a rash because I can't see my stretch marks! Haha...they're on the underside of my belly (according to DH). But I do know that they itch like the dickens! I've just been liberally applying cocoa butter every day (sometimes multiple times)...it seems to help a bit...but if it keeps up, I might upgrade to aquaphor. I didn't get stretch marks w/ DD so I have nothing to go on...but I can tell you that the itching just started the last couple days. I'm 39 weeks...so maybe it is normal for late pregnancy.

#3 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 PM

Mine are also on the underside and have itched like crazy. I've tried so many different things and the only thing that has helped recently is Bella Bee Tummy Honey Butter (It's a good thing a local store had it for 50% off or I'd never even tried it).
#4 of 6 Old 04-26-2009, 11:42 PM

I've gotten bumps from itching them so much in the past. Coconut oil has been a nice relief.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#5 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 03:28 AM

I had it with my last pregnancy, starting at 36wks. It was INTENSELY itchy, so much that I was in tears. Turns out I had PUPPP (pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy). Drinking dandelion root tea helped a lot, but topical creams didn't really do much at all.

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#6 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 10:54 AM

I have a few skin eruptions -IN- my stretchmarks. I saw the first ones around the 7 month mark. They itch soo bad, but I've found the best thing I can do is just keep them clean and moisturized until they go away.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page